Sold - Rare Original Complete Ferrari 308/328 Tool Kit Roll | FerrariChat

Sold Rare Original Complete Ferrari 308/328 Tool Kit Roll

Discussion in 'Ferrari Parts & Collectibles' started by Rensen, Aug 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rensen

Rensen Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rene Gerhard
    Very rare complete & unused Tool Kit for a 308 but would fit a 328 as well (except of the Spark plug). Including the large flat blade screwdriver as well as the famous 14/14 combination wrench.

Details:
    * Two large screwdrivers (one flat blade, one Philips) and two small ones (one flat blade, one Philips) with Red-Brown translucent handles.
    * Eight wrenches, flat, open-mouthed on both sides except for the 14/14:
22/20; 19/18; 17/16; ONE COMBINATION WRENCH 14/14 (open mouthed one end, an eyelet on the other); 13/12; 11/10; 9/8; 7/6.
(an empty pocket in the tool roll after the 7/6 wrench, then the pliers…which is correct!)
    * All wrenches are marked "Ferrari" on one side of the handles and "Chrom Vanadium Kravm" on the other
    * One pair of pliers, black beak, red/orange thick plastic on the handle with "guards" for the fingers, marked "Ferrari" on one handle and "Kravm" on the other
    * A spark plug tool with a 21mm crown (for the 14mm plugs)

Located in Australia.

Price: AUD 1,500

Shipping at buyers expense.

Cheers everyone, keep safe.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rensen

Rensen Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rene Gerhard
  3. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    I hope for someone with a 328, as it is not correct for a 308...

dinoart and 19633500GT like this.
  4. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz
    Agree. There was no carb wrench.....at least for a carb car.

5. Rensen

Rensen Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rene Gerhard
    Guys, relax! Why would it be wrong for a 308? It got bought by someone with a '82 Quattrovavole.

That’s why I wrote "308/328"…. Except of the spark plug size these are identical.

6. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    For the point of originality it is not correct for a 308. In the end it does not matter who it bought for what.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

7. Rensen

Rensen Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rene Gerhard
    So a 308 Quattrovalvole isn’t a 308??? What are you talking about?!?

So again, rather than talking in riddles and keeping your mystery for yourself enlighten me why my tool kit shouldn’t be the correct one for a 308!

8. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    If you do your homework look up older threads, which will take all day to read, over 10 years run there are variants if you are into correctness.

BigTex likes this.
  9. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    a) the pliers should really have whote "Ferrari / Kravm" inscript; I have always had reservations about 328 tool rolls having pliers with black inscript, but a 308 toll roll should really have white inscript.
    b) there is the matter of the auxiliary windows crank; some very late production 308 didn't have one, but most had the "T"bar type.
    c) the brand of the wrenches is open to discussion; "Kravm" are not incorrect for a very late production 308QV, but "Utema" would have been more typical for a QV (and with a blue plastic sheathed pair of pliers) and with a two-pockets location for the pliers.

To sum it-up: not incorrect for a late production 308 QV (with the exception of the black inscript pliers, definitely out-of-sequence) but not typical either...

Rgds

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well yes and no.....

This is a later kit, a early 308 would look quite different.

The "tell" is in the spark plug wrench, and the combo 14mm to spin it.
    No worries, fair price and it looks mint.

Those are also what we would call "modern pliers" in the Vintage 308GTB World.

11. cmt6891

cmt6891 Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Encino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl T
    Correct all 308 tool kits had pliers with thin blue handles and NO Ferrari script.

12. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    1975 thru 1979 - North American cars would require the Carb Tool, and the plugs require the T Handle wrench
    1980 thru 1983 - North American 308s are now injected, no carb tool and at some point the plugs change size.
    1983 thru 1985 - The 308QV hits our shores and stiil as noted above has bare handled chrome pliers, or perhaps blue insulation.
    1986 thru 1989 - 328s delete the window crank feature, it was a PITA anyway, the wrenches change brand, and the pliers turn orange.

That's the Cliff's Notes, and for some years Ferrari Classic Parts UK sold a "Universal Application" roll, and really IMO that's pretty much what you ran across.
    That roll was around $325.00USD as I recall.

So you see that tossing in worldwide variations in engines and so forth, there's quite a few "flavors" of tool sets.

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Early pliers had no insulation at all, chrome like in a Daytona tool set....;)

"Before I was careful" that pliers set ended up in my general tools, where I must have 8 pairs of "Electricians Pliers"...If I ever find them I will sell!!
    Klein makes the best ones.

In that world the orange on the tools means 1000V insulation.
    With Ferrari, it's simply decorative!!!

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Even that square of adhesive residue on the roll cover suggests a Parts Control number on this set, from Ferrari UK,
    That and the total lack of patina on the wrenches.

Even a 1989 set would be 3o years old at this point, and 'showing some wear" unless stored in a Bank Vault.

Which given current values is not a bad idea!
    HTH

15. Rensen

Rensen Rookie

Jan 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    Rene Gerhard
    Thanks…. Now that’s what I call a proper response! I do appreciate it