Just got an Enzo | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Just got an Enzo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by F40-R, Aug 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    that front end is really timeless and beautiful, I remember thinking it looked so strange when it first came out!

2. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You bought a car. Treat it as such. It is not an idol. Drive it, scratch it, enjoy it..respect you are fortunate to own such a material thing. At the end of the day, it will return to the dust from which it was born.

4. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    it's physically beautiful though, nothing wrong with admiring the looks!

Bas likes this.
  5. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The front was influenced by the F1 cars of the era.

VetroresinaNL likes this.
  6. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Love how the design clearly shows the path of the air exiting the front vent and travelling to the rear vent.

7. mikegr

mikegr Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2012
    Europe
    The appearance of the Enzo is disputable.
    For me looks far better than the ugly F50. My favorite super car ever built. The only negative i tihnk is the old slow F1 gearbox. Perhaps a modern version like the one in Scuderia, if not a dual clutch would fit better with the car's performance. However the gear changes in the old style F1 makes driving more enjoyable, with those kicks in the back, at least as far as i can remember lol
    And the sound...omg maybe the best sounding Ferrari ever made (?)

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I hear people moan about the Enzos gearbox occasionally, the car was launched in 2003, with that in mind, the F1 gearbox is excellent.

9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Some of those moaning were probably still in their pampers in 03.

Marcel Massini

10. F40-R

F40-R Formula 3

Jun 22, 2014
    Haha, so true.

11. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not to mention that Enzo's gearbox is quicker than any manual. Yet people find it slow, whilst asking for a manual Ferrari again. o_O

Senshi458 and joe sackey like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Because the interaction with a manual gearbox is more involving than a slow-ish flappy paddle. I much prefer manuals over flappy paddles.

That said, if I where to own an Enzo I wouldn't make the switch. Funnily enough on a Scuderia I would still consider it. For some reason with the Enzo it just suits the car. If it really annoyed me I'd look to upgrade it to SuperFast II specs somehow. I looked into it some time ago and IIRC the shift speed is achieved (not only by software) but also the type of clutch used. I think the Scuderia/GTO used lighter, dry, twin plate clutches which allowed the software to handle changes quicker. There was an italian company that claimed to be able to do this for the Enzo I read about a few years back (perhaps it was Michelotto, but I can't recall) and the cost was 200K Euro. Unsure if it was ever done.

13. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Agree.
    I trully love the Enzo and hope I will be able to buy my friend's one when this time arrives; that said I sometimes run it and yes its gearbox is a bit slow... we forgive her because she's the Diva.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NürScud and Bas like this.
  14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Exactly.

Exactly.

REALZEUS likes this.
  15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Such a dramatic car. Love that angle. I hope you succeed in buying it of your friend in the future! The Enzo is pure theatre. Just for that I could most probably forgive the gearbox. Thankfully it's not as slow as the 355 F1...that one really is too slow

16. Karimsaid

Karimsaid Formula Junior
    Regional Sponsor

Oct 2, 2014
    Driving the Enzo back to back with the superb shifting experience of a 599 GTO (with sports exhaust), I did feel the gearbox difference.
    However, I fixed it by adding a capristo sports exhaust and always driving the Enzo in Race mode and on the harder side. The car was then so rough, aggressive and alive that the sensation was totally different than before and no gearbox issue remained at after every drive. The Race mode driving was risky but you will have no complain then.

Additionally the Enzo gives you such a sensation when driving it or seeing it (static or on the move) that to demean the car in reference to the gearbox changing time being not fast enough is similar to criticising a dream machine like the Porsche Carrera GT about gear pedal/stalling issues (of the F50’s torque at lower rpm)

joe sackey likes this.