FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2021....QUALIFYING....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 ROLEX BELGIAN GRAND PRIX 2021....QUALIFYING....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀...

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Aug 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Mercedes having one of their clients doing better than them in qualifs.

I thouhgt the threat of that would have come from McLaren first (well, it nearly did!), but never from Williams.

Freaky weather conditions truly reshuffle the cards, but all credit to Russell: he did very well.

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Not really. WSeries??? Antoine Hubert??? Those cars aren't 1000hp and don't have wide tires.

Drivers either need to lift under adverse conditions OR hit the apex of Eau Rouge then Radillon perfectly.

Bas and Nortonious like this.
  3. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Really? you must of not watched Silverstone.

Bas likes this.
  4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    There was a slightly less wet line you could just make out through Eau Rouge ,Lando probably put the left tires into the wetter bit and lost it.

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah i watched it. No current or past driver on the grid labels Hamilton as a reckless driver. Ask past drivers about Schumacher, you will get a vastly different answer.

Terra and william like this.
  6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Ferrari is still a mystery to me.

When they had a competitive car, the duo Vettel-Raikkonen didn't perform to expectation.

Now that they have 2 young hungry drivers (and talented), the cars don't perform.

ricksb likes this.
  7. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think the tarmaced runoff area on the right at the Raidillon has been responsible for some accidents.

It gives too much confidence to the drivers who don't lift and come off a very high speed.

Did a read that a gravel bed could be reintroduced there?

9. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

They say the wet reveals great drivers.
    Clearly Russell is showing his worth today. Congrats to him.
    Good performance from verstappen but the star is Russell.
    Hamilton in the hunt.
    Expecting a crazy race with 10 -12 car finishing tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F2003-GA, william and Sharknose like this.
  10. Natkingcolebasket69

Id agree that over the course of his career Hamilton never was dirty like my hero senna, or like the ultimate dirty guy Schumacher

F2003-GA, william and ktu like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Agreed

Terra and Nembo1777 like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Easier said than done I guess;)

13. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    wait until the race is finished at least…
    Let’s remember he out-qualified everyone on the grid not named Verstappen. Truly impressive. He had nothing to lose and went for it (I do think he felt he had something to prove after being beaten by Latifi in Hungary though).

He potentially replaces Bottas in this race strategically if his car is up to it. (I don’t believe he’ll finish in the top-8, but hope he’ll be rewarded for a great quali result)

Bas likes this.
  14. Natkingcolebasket69

I found it funny how everyone forgets how Hamilton obliterated everyone in the wet last year in Austria & earlier in his career in silverstone.
    SPA is a long track , kudos to Russel and Max.

Nembo1777 and william like this.
  15. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I read somewhere that there is now a bump I the middle of Eau Rouge (following resurfacing) that can upset the cars I wonder if Lando encountered that

16. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Martin Brundle suggested just that.
    Flooding apparently washed out part of the track in recent months.

17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The problem at the Raidillon is down to the cars reaching the blind crest at very high speed; it's like a "leap of faith", you don't know what's next.

A few years back, Nurburgring had the same problem at one point on the circuit when the GT3 cars were taking off and causing accidents (a Nissan landed in the public area killing spectators).

The Nurburgring reduced the speed by banning GT3 for one year (only slower GT4 were allowed), whilst some work was undertaken to reduce the bump to an acceptable level.

Maybe Spa will have to think about Raidillon receiving the same treatment?

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I hesitate between short memory or denial to explain that.

Terra and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  19. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Martin Brundle commented on the driver's incredible skill and bravery and I emphatically agree with him. George Russell made a believer out of me today, I hope that this portends well for his future and that of Williams. Max is from another planet:eek:. Hopefully we will have better conditions for the race--but a little bit of rain is fine with me;)

Bas, Jeronimo GTO, Terra and 3 others like this.
  20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    One question remains though - did they actually have a competitive car with Vettel-Raikkonen, or were both drivers struggling to make the car look better than it was (only to be blamed as underperforming drivers)?

RobertJRB likes this.
  21. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Hoping for rain tomorrow, unpredictability would help the red cars. Ferrari wasn't as bad as the Q2 results suggest, they went out too early for the last run with interns, so others were on fresher tires at the end. Pace was there definetly for Q3, atleast for Lec. As long as Bottas won't make a crazy dive to T1, points are on the table for tomorrow.

22. Natkingcolebasket69

Hate as well.
    I truly thing that spa, in those conditions, is multiple race tracks in one.
    You could have a dry circuit in one place, wet in the other.
    Very unpredictable and being focus is a must.
    Let’s lot forget the Schumacher/coulthard incident some 20 years ago.
    If it rains this could be a race that needs to be watched till the end!

23. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    I was not talking about this race, I meant when they are partnered together at Mercedes.

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If I remember correctly, Vettel was leading the championship up to mid"season one year, until he crashed when leading at Hockenheim, and finishing the year with more bad performances. I think the car was well up there to challenge the Mercedes.
    I may not the only one to believe that Vettel was affected by his poor results and lost confidence in himself.
    Also, he may not have been nurtured by the management at Ferrari like he was at Red Bull. SEb needs moral boosting to perform well.
    As for Kimi, his return at Ferrari didn't amount to much, apart from one win; he never looked mitivated enough to carry Ferrari.

ricksb likes this.