Need Parking for USGP | FerrariChat

Need Parking for USGP

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Aug 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I waited too long and parking is basically sold out. If anybody has a pass they’d be willing to part with please let me know. Prefer lot F or N, but open to any. Willing to pay a reasonable premium.

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    PM me. Don't have a pass but might have a COTA contact if you haven't already tried him.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There ARE Cash Lots, don't panic.

And from town you can get an Uber or a cab and skip the bus lines.
    Most owners near the track offer parking in a field and a modest Shuttle.

I have some other secrets too.....;)

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Park at the demolition company lot across from the gas station, 13000 FM-812.

Park for $20 & walk right up to the main entrance.

5. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
    There is a city park on Hwy 71 just east of 130 where we parked one year. Just had one pass, and left 2 other cars there.

Being so close to COTA, you could probably catch an Uber back and forth from there, and park for free.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Tip: NEVER buy Lot Q parking!

If you didn't see the news, COTA had something like 30 buses NOT show up as contracted to support transportation for Lot Q. People waited hours for a ride on Friday and it wasn't much better Saturday. My son was one of those stranded on Friday and made the 4 mile trek back to his car on foot rather than wait for a bus. His friends waited, took nearly 2 hours to get a ride. I found parking at a guys house that was a pretty close to Lot A and paid for Saturday and Sunday parking.

On Monday, I sent COTA a letter asking for a refund due to their failure. To my surprise, they gave it to me! I'm still out $40 for handling and processing fees but I actually saved money by parking in the guys yard over using the COTA passes. I'll never miss out on parking again, lesson learned. BUY EARLY!

https://www.kxan.com/sports/f1-austin/formula-1-austin-shuttle-issues-for-f1-race-weekend-inconveniencing-fans/

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I ended up in one of those houses across Elroy from Lot M....I tried to explain...

COTA has ruined the Rolling Stones show as well, they have lost the plot IMO, as well as the County Traffic Plan of 2012
    I guess someone left, and took it with them!!

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They are lucky no one got killed in the dark, along FM812.