UT Models | FerrariChat

UT Models

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by rr1973, Mar 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Dear collectors :
    Somebody know why UT models are so expensives????
    Because I was looking for example the F355 and I didnt see nothing secial ..
    Thanks for your contribution ..

2. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Since UT went out of business several years ago their prices have soared on eBay. So it comes down to supply and demand. The UT F355 are nice but IMO they are not worth the prices they are selling for. I was fortunate to only pay $30 of each of my UT Ferrari but I had also gotten them when they were readily available.

I really do hope that Kyosho is able to make the newer Ferrari models (348, F355, F360, etc...) in the near future.

3. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Reason they now fetch top dollar is because the company that produced them is no longer producing Ferrari models. The licence issues have now meant that hotwheels are they only company that are able to produce replica scale models of F cars. The 355 by UT is without a doubt the best that is available.

4. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I have a UT 355 TS, and with the exception of the Kyoshos, it's by far the nicest model in my collection of ~25 cars. I also have a UT 550, but for some reason, it's not as nice. Go figure.

5. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann

I have a 355 by Ut and by Mattel, which I found out that Mattel bought the mold for their 355's from UT. I like the detail that UT did on the seats and the
    rear lights which Mattel left off. I like the Mattel with the cross drilled rotors and polished aluminum wheels, whereas the lights on their black 355 GTS are too dark. If you look at Cavallino they are both going for around $100.00 To say that the UT 355 is the best, I feel is a matter of opinion. Kyosho on the other hand wins in my opinion for most realistic detail on all of their models

6. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Hmmm...if only Kyosho were making all of the F cars in 1/18 scale...!