Lusso - Ride quality on rough roads? | FerrariChat

Lusso - Ride quality on rough roads?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by obar, Sep 2, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. obar

obar Karting

Oct 28, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Full Name:
    Oscar
    I'm considering a Lusso but worried about the ride quality/comfort on the terrible roads and freeways of Los Angeles. Anyone use theirs semi-daily and can speak to this?

Of course there are more comfortable cars out there, but those don't have a V12 in the front..

2. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    FWIW, I find my Lusso more comfortable than my 330i (with 18in wheels and M suspensions). You are sitting quite far from the front wheels in the Lusso so that helps minimizing the effect of road surface. My 330i is unnecessarily harsh.

leopoldo likes this.
  3. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Way more comfortable than my 991 GT3. I drive the Lusso every day

spyderman, Bas and NA_V12 like this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    FF is very comfortable and Lusso even more

Bas, Bamsefar and AClark like this.
  5. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    Don’t forget to use the “ bumpy road “ button, which softens things up considerably.

I’ve driven both ( FF & Lusso ) on all types of surfaces and didn't feel it was ever harsh.

Lusso is a softened FF in my opinion as well

A

6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    More comfy cars out there? Perhaps, but not many.

Just curious, but who warned you about the Lusso's comfort? It has excellent wind noise control, no drone, the suspension is sublime and the seats are awesome.
    Makes me wonder if those that warned you, have even sat in a Lusso, let alone owned or driven one.

It's super comfy and rivals the best of them. For the absolute best in comfort, make sure the car has MPS4S shoes on it. The Pirellis leaves quite a bit to be desired.

If bad road conditions is a worry and you want to step up the comfort level even further, upsize the tyres to 245/40R20 font and 315/35R20 rear.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I think you will be fine in LA with the Lusso. You just have to pay a little extra attention for the random bad pothole. The car is very usable.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

8. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    Very comfortable ( I have it )

9. gilly6993

gilly6993 Formula 3

Aug 20, 2009
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Very comfortable ride and the suspension setting makes it even softer. You won’t be disappointed…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. obar

obar Karting

Oct 28, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Full Name:
    Oscar
    #10 obar, Sep 4, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    Thanks everyone for your input! Spoke to a Lusso owner on Wednesday up in the Bay Area who warned me about the ride quality. But, wanted to check with the forum and not just trust the opinion of one person.

Current daily is an M2 Competition and myself (and dog) are bouncing all over the place just going down the road to Whole Foods. We are quite tired of that..

Let the search for the perfect Lusso begin!

11. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Good ride quality in Florida. Curious Lusso T vs 12?
    Issue may be more than the suspension. Never had a complaint in FF or Lusso.

Prices crazy now. Crazy times. What are you seeing on the West Coast?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. obar

obar Karting

Oct 28, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Full Name:
    Oscar
    Prices are just bananas here on the west coast as well. So I'll take my time to find the right Lusso. Definitely going for a V12 in blue with CarPlay.

Avia11 and ScottS like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I had the novi springs on my FF… it’s comfortable ish but not a Mercedes for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obar likes this.
  14. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    We recently drove round trip to Oslo, which is about 550 km one way. When we arrived in Oslo in our FF, we felt more relaxed then when we have been flying. It is a perfect GT cruiser for sure, and very comfortable!

obar likes this.
  15. obar

obar Karting

Oct 28, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Full Name:
    Oscar
    That is excellent to hear! It's been years since I drove the FF and assumed that I'd have to get a Lusso to be happy. But, perhaps I need to drive the FF again..

16. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Have a Lusso and M2 Comp and prefer the Lusso over the M2. Prefer the Lusso over my M2, GLS63, AMG GT-S, 812 GTS, Pista, and so on. Wonderful daily driver.

ScottS, Bas and 350MH83 like this.
  17. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Good luck! It's a wonderful ride.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

18. Yellow355

Yellow355 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    They installed speed bumps around my house a few months after I moved in (wonder why???) and in my 991.2 GT3RS or Touring, I had to raise the front axle lift and slow way down, I go about 35 MPH in a Tesla w/o air suspension, about 40MPH in my Jeep Gladiator truck, and the Lusso doesn't even feel the bumps at 40MPH!!!! However, I don't feel much of a difference between regular and the bumpy setting in the Lusso vs. there are big differences in the Porsche cars that I have had.

obar likes this.
  19. obar

obar Karting

Oct 28, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Full Name:
    Oscar
    Bummer about the bumps! So great to hear how well the Lusso is performing though. Need to drive (or go for a ride in) one asap

20. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    Did 15k miles in mine last year, and ride is very comfortable compared to most.
    The only way I think it would be harsh is if you were to use sport mode but not put it in bumpy road when surface is poor.
    Maybe that’s your friend’s problem? (Bumpy road doesn’t apply in comfort mode)
    For me, it’s worlds best daily, ever!

obar and 635CSI like this.
  21. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    14k miles so far in FF. Semi daily for wife in Los Angeles. Love it.

obar likes this.
  22. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    The Lusso is not an air-ride SUV, but it's pretty good at soaking up bumps in bumpy road mode.

My 30+ month pregnant wife doesn't complain about the ride quality even as we drive up in San Francisco.

obar likes this.
  23. obar

obar Karting

Oct 28, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Full Name:
    Oscar
    With the volatile used car market and reduced FF/Lusso inventory, this search might have to take a while. But, I'm beyond excited to finally get in a V12 and thank you all for the insights!

SECRET likes this.
  24. obar

obar Karting

Oct 28, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    Full Name:
    Oscar
    If I see an FF on the streets in LA with a female driver, I'll ask if she's IloveGT's wifey :D

IloveGT likes this.