Superformance ? | FerrariChat

Superformance ?

Discussion in '360/430' started by tstuli, Sep 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    Anyone have experiences with Superformance? I tried ordering from them for the first time over the weekend. The main reason was the free shipping codes from @ratarossa that made it make sense.

During the checkout process, there were no shipping charges shown and I had entered the discount code indicating that I was expecting the free shipping offer to be applied per the instructions. I got a email confirming this (including the comment I had left).

Well today I got another email invoice showing the charges to my credit card and the amount was >25% higher than what I had expected/agreed to pay. I quickly emailed them asking them what was up and was told all the codes expired a week ago (even though there is nothing posted anywhere I could find saying what day it became invalid). I immediately told them to cancel the order in that case but they just said it was too late and it had already been processed (Even though it was again an hour or two after they sent me this invoice). Completely miffed why they don't let customers know their own discount codes aren't being applied before processing and charging them arbitrary shipping costs?

I was told my only recourse now is to ship the order back once I receive it (again I assume at my expense) for a refund of the part price only. At this rate, it's nearly going to cost me more than the original order amount!

At the very least a warning to others, it seems like whatever deal this was is gone and you may be in for a surprise ordering from this outfit!

Ill definitely stick with scuderiaparts, eurospares, ricambi, etc going forward!

Qavion likes this.
  2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Did the notion of them crediting the shipping back to your card come up? That would be good customer service since the issue is on their end anyway.

tstuli likes this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    They usually are spot on and very helpfull

brogenville and tstuli like this.
  4. grtoz

grtoz Karting

Dec 14, 2010
    Byron Bay, Australia
    Full Name:
    Graeme Towers
    tstuli likes this.
  5. wbt

wbt Karting

Nov 28, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    Always had great service, but yes their website isn't completely clear about the shipping charges at times. It's never worried me though.

DBomb117 and tstuli like this.
  6. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    I guess I'm the unlucky one.

They at least now agreed to recall the shipment after I planned to contact visa and dispute the shipping charges.

A bit annoyed as they still again blamed me, the customer, to somehow magically know which codes are valid / invalid. Quite ridiculous.

Haven't most every other vendor by now figured out how to process coupon codes/shipping automatically and in real time by now? This shouldn't even have become an issue. Walking away a unhappy customer over what's probably a trivial matter for them to actually decide to handle well.

Anyways live and learn.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I had an abysmal experience with Superformance.
    Horribly defective part, atrocious Customer (non) Service, completely ridiculous return incompetence, and will not deal with them again.

So no, you are not just the "unlucky one". Good Luck.

MAD828 and tstuli like this.
  8. daytonaman

daytonaman Formula Junior

May 1, 2007
    Australia
    Full Name:
    howard pigdon
    Cant disagree more.
    If you have a problem phone and ask for the owner Colin.
    Has never let me down.

9. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I had a lot of luck with them, but it was over ten years ago.

I'd add, until this thread, I don't think I've seen any complaints about them here.

Sorry for your bad experience, I would contact Colin and discuss with him.

D

10. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    I just wanted to update here. Thanks for the suggestion of a few of you, I did end up bypassing the normal contact methods and contacting Colin directly after the order unexpectantly arrived to me yesterday after it was supposedly cancelled.

He was very understanding of the situation and I think clearly saw my side of the issue and apologized for the way things got handled. We came to a resolution I am happy with.

I guess all that said, Colin has turned around my experience with this vendor and would likely go back again knowing I could reach him if I had problems.

f355spider likes this.
  11. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great news that this was resolved.

Shipping costs are a bit of a mystery. But I've ordered from them and appreciated the price, quality and shipping times.

I will definitely use them again.

Kevin

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    There are a few sites like that, even one that claims to be in the USA but ships from GB. I'll usually only use them if the price is substantially lower than others, but for me, I almost exclusively use Ricambi or Eurospares. Both have given me excellent service.

13. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've never been let down by any of them. The three main ones that is...Ricambi, Superformance or Eurospares. Not much difference in arrival times for my orders either and I am rather remote...

14. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Use Superformance regularly for my 360 (too regular in fact, but that's the car's problem not the vendor!), and they are always good.

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    If I had a invoice that showed zero shipping costs and then they actually charged me a higher amount with shipping costs included and provided a 2nd higher invoice...

I'd simply turn the matter over to my credit card company and I'd win a dispute and get a credit for the "erroneously" charged shipping charges.

Bottomline, its total BS that they did not honor the first invoice.

(of course if you don't have a record of the first invoice being lower and showing free shipping, well, then...)

16. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Superformance = coolest shipping box
    Ricambi = sometimes free hat in order (which I cherish)
    Eurospares = parts that I could not find anywhere else at the time.

So bottom line is we need them all!