Cavalcade Classiche | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cavalcade Classiche

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Ferrari 360 CS, Dec 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Perhaps ALL participants in ALL driving events/tours, whether for classic or modern vehicles, should be required to have some reasonably well accredited testing to authorize/certify/license individuals ability/eligibility for attending ?

OTOH, same should also be required from anyone before they’re issued a privilege (i.e. drivers license) to operate motor vehicles on public roads, but it doesn’t seem to be…
    … at least not around here. :(

And perhaps event organizers should have enough balls to promptly eliminate anyone not adhering to and respecting rules + other participants and road users ?
    Maybe even “black list” such idiots from future events, for at least a year or two, no matter who they are, what they drive or which insecurities they’re attempting to compensate for with their “bad azz poseur” behavior.

-K1- and V12addict like this.
  2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm about ready to start the all week Cavallino Corsa in Arkansas. It has been going for 15+ years on some of the best roads in America. The key to safety is leadership drivers meetings, strict rules, and kick anyone out that isn't safe. That said responsible adults can have plenty of fun low traffic mountain roads. I have done this rally almost 10 times and never saw anything I would say is stupid. There was a group that were using handheld radios communicating with each other so they could pass on blind corners. That was beyond my personal tolerance as I won't pass unless I know myself it is 100% safe. It worked for them though. This same group also had a little bit too much "racer" attitude. They were racer wannabes many had challenge cars and did track days, but only a couple actually did sanction racing. I was still racing heavy during that time, so when I showed up to this event I wanted to have fun, but didn't need to prove anything or get any racing out of my system. That said just having a consistent fast pace in my 328 and not getting lost we would always show up in the top 10-20% even compared to the latest 458's etc.

I'll update you next week how it goes. :)

https://crescentclassicrally.net

SAFE4NOW, readplays, 275gtb6c and 2 others like this.
  3. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Cavalcade has been held in the Middle East a few years ago.

Gr. Martin

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    You mean the one for the modern cars, not for the classic Ferraris.
    Two totally separate things.

Marcel Massini

5. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    colombo2cam, 375+, readplays and 2 others like this.
  6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Better late than never....

After being at St.Moritz this weekend for the Bernina Gran Turismo I finally had the time to finalize our report and galleries for the Cavalcade and the Cavalcade Classic in Sicily.

You can find the report here: https://www.anamera.com/en/editorial/article/news/ferrari-cavalcade-cavalcade-classic-2021/index.html?no_cache=1&tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=226&cHash=8f0bb95071

Or if you are more interested in the picture here is the short-cut: https://barchetta.mediacenter.plus/-/Events-by-Year-Auction-Concours-News-Race-Rally-etc/2021/Rally/Ferrari-Cavalcade-2021/?vi=4789511&v=a&dir=2318194&rd=1964532

Unfortunately Ferrari was very strict about blocking off the cars as soon as they were standing so not much opportunities to shoot them closer. So I have not seen many engine areas these days an lack chassis numbers. In case someone wants to fill in I am more than happy.

Hope you enjoy

7. Italian Tuneup

Italian Tuneup Karting

Apr 16, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Stefan
    thank you Peter, great pics

P.Singhof likes this.
  8. Rock doc

Rock doc Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Feinman

9. Rock doc

Rock doc Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Feinman
    What is the selection process for entry into the Cavalcade if your vehicle is built prior to 1979 and it is Classiche certified?

10. Rock doc

Rock doc Rookie

Apr 10, 2020
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Feinman
    What is the selection process for entry into the Cavalcade if your vehicle is Classiche certified and built before 1979?

11. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Cavalcade Classiche in the Dolomites in Italy from 19-23 September 2022.
    Entry fee is Euro 31'500 (thirty one thousand five hundred) per team.
    By invitation only.

Marcel Massini

Paul Ct, rob lay and readplays like this.
  12. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    eeeh...I could not smoke enough bad stuff to pay that money for a 4 day event.....
    I was in various other driving events in the Dolomites over the last years - great driving, very nice people, good *****hotels with excellent food - but for much lesser money!

Thomas S. and turbo-joe like this.