Is Russell the fastest driver in F1? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Is Russell the fastest driver in F1?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Wass85, Aug 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1 the drivers for the podium as a group should have said no to the podium for the FANS!

Dino2010 likes this.
  2. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    I am no Hamilton fan, regardless of his talent.

Bas likes this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    I realize the whole "race" and "podium" ordeal at Spa.

Russell was, if I can use the term "ecstatic" , of a 2 lap "race." But an idiot!! C'mon.

4. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I assume that they are contractually bound to appear? IMO they should have behaved stoically, clearly just going through the motions. The podium was the crowning touch to this farce.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Yep that'll be it. Back when the Ferrari's had Barrichello swap with Schumacher at the start finish in 2002, and Schumacher put Rubens on the top step, they where fined for that. Not appearing at all for no good reason (i.e. Alonso in hospital Brazil 2003 would be a pretty good reason) I'd imagine would be met with a pretty steep fine if not a DSQ.

6. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes they are. Its 'ironclad' and in this instance absurd.

Tossing the contract in the driver's face at that time would have been a nice thing to see from the FIA and Liberty, only to ensure the fans are more agitated against this result.

Epic preventable failure and with all the 'rebellion' shown by drivers of late they ducked this well. P A T H E T I C!

7. RWatters

RWatters Formula 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Kansas
    He put in quite possibly the lap of his career to earn second place. Given the points (and money) that earned the team he had every reason to be happy about it IMO. I can see why someone like Verstappen or Hamilton wouldn't care given all they've already accomplished, but that second place was a big deal for Williams.

Wass85 likes this.
  8. Wass85

Wass85 Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Damon Smith
    I don't understand your point paint?

9. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    He did have the qualifying of his life (so far at least).

10. Now I'm really confused. Help me understand......you're saying they're all idiots? Then why pick on George?

I'm not particularly a fan of his, but, it was the race of his life.....his first podium in Formula One. ;)

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    When they had to change the rules to slowdown a driver, it already shows who's the boss. Period.

Bas likes this.