Insurance options when living in Downtown Chicago | FerrariChat

Insurance options when living in Downtown Chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tfazio, Sep 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Hi all,

I am looking for some assistance here. I sold a Ferrari to a client who lives in Downtown Chicago and he is looking for a reputable insurance company to insure his new Ferrari. Can any of you recommend any insurance companies? Feel free to direct message me if you prefer. Thanks!

2. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    I’m in Ravenswood (neighborhood on the north side of Chicago) and I currently use American Modern. I use to use State Farm, but their rates were higher and didn’t have agreed value. They also required an appraisal every year or two. No issues with where I lived with either. That said, is the issue with the communal garage in a high rise? AFAIK, State Farm is ok with that. Not sure about American Modern.

tfazio likes this.
  3. bradley ritner

Aug 18, 2020
    Insurance can be tough if you don’t have a private garage. I live in Old Town in a high rise and no one would insure my 87 Countach in the communal garage in my building.

Went with Hagerty and now rent a slot at their Hagerty garage which of course meets security criteria.

Lots of big dollar cars stored there so may be worth a look.

Their insurance options are designed for collectors as long as it is not your daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tfazio likes this.
  4. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Insurance options when living in downtown Chicago?

Life insurance. Lots of it.

;)

5. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    Thank you for all of the replies. They were very helpful.

6. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    To chime in I've had both State Farm and Nationwide for higher end vehicles living downtown and in communal garages. Good luck!

7. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Dunno if it’s a newer model and he plans to daily it, but if it’s a collector car, I used Grundy for my 308, live in City, and they were half what Hagerty wanted.

8. DavidPutty

DavidPutty Karting

Jan 19, 2020
    Del Boca Vista
    I'm not usually a big fan of traditional insurance agents but got the best deal at state farm. Couldn't do hagerty because they require you to own a "regular" car. As a city dweller my daily driver is a bike and the cta

Sent from my SM-G781V using FerrariChat.com mobile app