Any Singapore Ferrari owners? | Page 3934 | FerrariChat

Any Singapore Ferrari owners?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by DouglasNg, Jun 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should we end it?

1. Lung will Break

2. MP will Break

3. The Singapore Thread will Break...END IT!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
  2. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
    Yes you probably did... more accurately autoinc as that was where I met up with shaun89 for a chat ^.^

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

shauny89 likes this.
  3. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Heard Auto inc has been sold iirc.

There was a china guy whose proxy drove a black pista that was for sold recently.

Lovely car and Enjoy

4. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Anybody recommend a good tuning shop for an Audi?

5. Blazer86

Blazer86 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Bernie Leung Chun Yu
    Not very related to this forum... but here’s an answer and I hope it helps...
    Really depends on level of modifications on your car... if it’s still relatively stock you can always go back to premium auto and enquire about their chip up package...
    Otherwise
    MTM is known for handling VW and audis
    BMS tuning also does quite abit of conti tuning
    And there is monster tuning

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yea I just got Revo stage 1 in my Q3 yesterday from the dealership - still maintains the dealership warranty. Now just looking around for a pair of BBSs, have been speaking to South east Tyre Co.

7. tiki80

tiki80 Rookie

Jun 19, 2013
    Singapore
    I'm also a Ferrari fan living in Singapore. I don't have any cars here (yet) because of super high import taxes, but have some in my previous home country. Perhaps I'll get crazy and buy one here also..

Is anyone here member of Ferrari Owners Club of Singapore? I'm member in Finland and would like to know more of your club?

8. C360S

C360S Karting

Oct 9, 2011
    Welcome to Singapore. The local club is quite active with regular social events eg. dinners. Drives are on hold as borders are closed but they do local drives every other month or so. Tell us what you buy when you get it.

9. Cerbera99

Cerbera99 Rookie

Mar 22, 2017
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Bill Padfield
    Hi, I just sold my 458 Spider here in Singapore as expecting delivery of F8 Spider. However, significant delay in delivery time as now expected October 2021. It was ordered January 2020. Very frustrating.

10. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Are you the yellow one that stays in the cove ?i was keen on your car

11. shauny89

shauny89 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Shaune
    Yep! Thanks for showing me your F8! =)

I recently had the chance for a 2-day loan of the F8 Spider from Ital, and it was an absolute blast!

12. shauny89

shauny89 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Shaune
    The wait hurts so much. Looking forward to see pics of your Spider! =D
    Mine's still got a looooong way to go. Deposit placed in January. Haha.

13. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Anybody have any recommendations for good driving roads?

14. rn310

rn310 Rookie

May 16, 2021
    Full Name:
    Nadhiban RK
    Sup all i am 19 yo in NS now. How do i go about owning a sports car im not born to wealthy family. dont know how to make big bucks i need like a mentor and then ill follow. i like audi r8 not the latest 1 but the older 2010 one

15. Warcraftzza

Warcraftzza Rookie

May 2, 2021
  16. AshwinTS

AshwinTS Rookie

Jun 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ashwin T. Suppiah
    Hey guys, I was wondering which independent mechanic you send your car to in SG?

17. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Exquisite Marques and look for Andrew.

18. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Fwah! The thread starter Douglas Ng!!!
    How old were u when u first posted in 2004?

19. Cerbera99

Cerbera99 Rookie

Mar 22, 2017
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Bill Padfield
    No, it was a black one. Sold in three days!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3604u likes this.
  20. Cerbera99

Cerbera99 Rookie

Mar 22, 2017
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Bill Padfield
    I finally get to collect mine next Tuesday. Only 20 months of waiting…..good luck with yours!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. reddotferrari

reddotferrari Rookie

Oct 19, 2021
    Full Name:
    Red Dot Enzo
    Hey guys, new here, managed to get an F8 order in before order closed, so I still have the opportunity to finalize specs for it over the next few months.

What do you guys think of adding on the full carbon fibre exterior - is it worth it? Heard that the little stones chips at it while driving, and over time it becomes a heartbreak.

Would love to hear some opinions on what you guys think might be "essential" add-ons for you, or something that you wish you could have added on if you have the chance!

22. shauny89

shauny89 Rookie

Jan 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Shaune
    Hey reddotferrari! Congrats on getting your F8 order in!

I personally didn't go for any additional carbon option on both exterior & interior since I'm not a carbon junkie. That said, I think the carbon diffuser, air splitter, and engine bay looks really cool. The carbon bits should be replaceable, so if you chip them, you can always get new ones.

For me, I prefer a more "elegant GT spec", so full electric seats were a must. Initially wanted to do leather roof lining but was discouraged by the sales manager as it's apparently prone to sagging. JBL speaker upgrade was in consideration, but after comparing the base system with the JBL, felt the standard one was good enough. Passenger display might be a gimmick to most, but I had to have it - gives the interior a really cool vibe.

Other options I went for were Apple Car Play, stitched horses on the headrests, and coloured seatbelts so belting up makes me feel like I'm about to drive something special. Lastly... paint! Splurged on this, and can't wait to see how it turns out.

Hope this helps you with your options sheet. =)

reddotferrari likes this.
  23. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    My wife just won a gift pack from Raffles hotel, Singapore. Only trouble is they are insisting that it must be collected from Singapore and since travel is still off the cars we cannot pick it up so if someone wants it pm me quickly so they can take her place :) Note, you must be able to go to Raffles hotel and collect it.

Regards

Trev

24. Huangdi

Huangdi Rookie

Sep 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Huangdi
    Hi there guys.

Am in a dilemma and i hope you guys can enlighten me a bit.

am turning 56 this year and so decided to get myself a ferrari 488 as it’s part of my bucketlist + i love the way the 488 looks.

Since there is no new 488, the latest is the F8 which is going for 1.1mil w/o COE and options. I am ok with the F8.

On the other hand, my heart says go for the 488 but i am worried about the maintenance (or lack of) that i might incur by getting a second hand one. A 2nd hand costs about $7-900k depending on the years left. As i read in other forums, seems that maintenance (6-12k sgd) is what i had in mind (so not too much of a worry on maintenance expenses) but the repairs are quite extreme (read 30k for a mudguard or something like that!) or was it 14k? Either way i find it ridiculous but i am prepared to pay in the worst case scenario.

I would like to know what would be your advise for me - get a new one and go for the 7 year maintenance program which should put my mind at ease or get the 2nd hand one and the difference between buying a new one vs 2nd one can solve all repair problems + save more money?
    Any advise please?

oh, and i would likely be driving the car for about 2-3 years only before i sell it off. So yeah, that’s what my profile is like. Hope to hear some constructive advise. Thank you.

25. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Go speak to Michael in Motorway and he would work out a deal for you .

various options you can look at if you are not buying new .

Cars are all asking for a premium so you have to be patient .

Good luck