FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀... | Page 17 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀...

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Whomever went around the outside into T1 (after entering from behind) would have been the perpetrator.

2. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Well, that penalty aligns perfectly with being the *opposite* of how they ruled for Ocon/Vettel. :rolleyes:

3. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    classic308 likes this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    He should have made an effort to get them this time, because the excuse he had was pathetic.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  5. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    The issue is the FIA - consistently inconsistent, making a mockery of the regs.

They're saying Max braked too late and therefore wasn't entitled to racing room.
    How do you brake "too late" when you're on track and in complete control of the car.

6. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Hamilton was penalized at Silverstone. He was also penalized multiple times last year. Stop making excuses every time calls does'nt go your way.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Hamilton had stopped trying by then............Who would be the the better person?

8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Did you miss the entire first half of the season? After Max puts his helmet on, his second action is to push off Hamilton.

9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Where is the the uproar from you guys about Verstappen just walking away, not checking to see if Hamilton is ok? Oh wait, I forgot Max is just being genuine.

fer312t and TonyL like this.
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Many were concerned about Max's 51g accident. Where is the the concern on Hamilton's neck Injury? Why is it so quiet?

12. Racedrvr

Racedrvr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2008
    Kentucky/Florida
    Full Name:
    Don
    Just like the variety of opinions expressed here over the same incident caught on video from many different angles, the stewards can neither be assumed to be infallible nor unbiased.

Bas, ricksb and Jakuzzi like this.
  13. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Does it really mather?, both are ****s.

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    huh? Both of these guys perform at the highest level of driving. There isn’t a ton of room to get by when you’re evenly matched. Taking chancy moves is almost a prerequisite as they are neck-and-neck in the title race. This is modern Prost/Senna….it’s not going to be easy passing for either.

I just want consistency in regulation. Not even screaming bloody murder for the crash.

lagunacc likes this.
  15. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Oh yes, they certainly are but when both are trying desperately the gain the moral high ground this was a golden opportunity for him.

As one commentator said - get rid of Hammy and the dutch guy and we have some real racing. Best race of the season so far.

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yap, the usual..not surprised since garyc onnelly wa stehre, i told you everone knoews this guys is on elton's pocket ever since he arrived in f.1, just disgusting...seb get's 5sec for staying ahed, elton deliberatly ends max against the wall 10sec, max tries to overtake and gets 3 plance son the grid...totally fair, this is the reason why nobody has been able to chalenge mercedes, just look at flexy wing and pu sensors, and see how fast they acted on Ferrari and rEd bull....more and more mercedes and elton champiponshps are holow and holow....they might as well buy them at the satr of the season...have the same value....none.

Picchu88, stavura, JJ and 2 others like this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ok, but the moretti comes from him?

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    us or you?

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He showed the same interest on his rival that elton showed on him after sending him againts the wall...

stavura, Nortonious and ingegnere like this.
  20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So you deliberately think Max went into the turn ran it wide, to avoid Lewis, and Max deliberately aligned his car, given the precise speed that Max calculated that the sausage kerb would launch the RB16b, given its weight and trajectory, that it would eventually land on top of Lewis's halo???

I will agree, Max should have checked on Lewis to see if Lewus gave a thumbs-up that he was okay.

I don't buy the notion "he could have killed him". THE CAR could have killed Lewis....not Max. It was a series of events that put that RB16b on top of Lewis's halo.

Picchu88 and Bas like this.
  21. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    LULU was trying to escape in reverse. I think that means hes OK No?

Picchu88, Hawkeye, stavura and 4 others like this.
  22. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    True, still though.....Max should have given Lewis a thumbs-up to see if Lewis gave a thumbs-up back to Max or something along that nature IMO.

275gtb6c likes this.
  23. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    I don't think those two drivers were feeling particularly friendly towards each other at that moment. ;)

Halo did what it was put there to do.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  24. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    My thoughts as well. I was actually worried ham might suddenly break free while Max was walking behind.

I was expecting a Max-Ham hand signal similar to Bottas-Russell at Imola.

lagunacc likes this.