Will owning a Lamborghini hurt my chances of being eligible for a new Ferarri? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Will owning a Lamborghini hurt my chances of being eligible for a new Ferarri?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by realalexjean, Sep 9, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Nah. Too much Amaretto during lunch.:D

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    u aint buying one if you own a FORD

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    (accent included)

4. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Yes you are right. It is balanced that way.
    Incidentally all engine bays are not symmetrical with tubes and cables and parts. Nor are the stripes on the outside that are painted. I find myself getting more bugged by that sometimes.

5. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Touché!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

italiafan and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  6. AndrewYang0104

Aug 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Andrew Yang
    Depends on the dealer, I thinks it’s better to own a Porsche

7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    Not being able to spell Ferrari is probably going to be more of an issue than owning a Lambo I'd say.

8. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    If you buy a C8 you are definitely screwed!

9. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    What I want to know is how someone can buy a used 2024 in two years, unless it is a Delorean

AshAP and energy88 like this.
  10. swiftar

swiftar Rookie

Aug 23, 2020
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I think if you buy used Ferrari - there is no process. Below is an article of if you buy new and exclusive

No Matter What You Have You Can’t Buy A New Ferrari
    by Thom Taylor on February 19, 2020

One of the most astounding things about owning a Ferrari is not the car itself but rather the process of purchasing one. If you think someone just walks into a Ferrari dealership and purchases his or her new Ferrari you are wrong. You can’t just buy a new Ferrari no matter what you have. Money, power, fame, nor good looks matter. So here are some of the hoops you must jump through on your quest to buy a new Ferrari.

Many of these parameters are never spoken about but exist nonetheless. First, the dealer looks for someone over 40. Ferrari wants those seen in its cars to have stability and something to lose. Those above 40 most likely fit that category.

Once you buy your new Ferrari you can’t turn around and sell it
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    2009 Ferrari F430 Spyder with owner | Getty
    You cannot sell your new Ferrari in the first year of ownership-it’s in the fine print of the contract you sign. This is to discourage flippers. Especially when it comes to limited-edition models the owner could reap a lot of profit flipping a low mileage, first-year Ferrari. Also, Ferrari wants the option of taking back the car should you need to sell it.

There has been a feud between Ferrari and Lamborghini for decades and it rages on. If you want on a VIP list for a limited-edition Ferrari and you also own a Lambo you can forget about it. Even if you have other Ferraris it doesn’t want to co-mingle with the bull.

Modifying the engine or appearance of a new Ferrari is also forbidden
    Ferrari no-no | Getty
    You can’t modify the engine, have custom bodywork, get it painted in garish colors, or cover the Ferrari badge. The colors pink, rose, and salmon are strictly forbidden. Any of the above are considered “tampering” with the car.

Additionally, all maintenance work must be performed by an authorized Ferrari dealer. If not the warranty is voided and you are placed on a list of those forbidden from purchasing a new Ferrari in the future.

Attending exclusive Ferrari functions with your car is mandatory
    HONG KONG, CHINA: Lines of Ferrari sports cars are displayed outside the Sha Tin race- course in Hong Kong, 29 February 2004. Some 125 Ferrari cars were brought there by their owners for a place in the Guinness World Book of Records for the most Ferrari cars together at one location and to help raise money for a local chairty. AFP PHOTO/Samantha SIN (Photo credit should read SAMANTHA SIN/AFP via Getty Images)
    If you own a Ferrari you will be invited to exclusive Ferrari functions and events. You’re expected to attend these gatherings to soak in everything Ferrari. The expectation is to drink the Ferrari Kool-Aid at these functions, too. To get on a waiting list for a limited-edition Ferrari you must own at least four other Ferraris.

The Ferrari blacklist is real and one way to get on it is to badmouth the brand as 50 Cent did recently. He’s now on it. Ferrari also expects you to be toned down and not flashy. A cease and desist will land in your hands should you cross certain lines. Speaking out online or calling attention to yourself-especially while driving in your Ferrari, will result in being blacklisted.

Ferrari uses the waiting list as a reward for Ferrari loyalty
    Ferrari would rather not see you do this | Getty
    Robert Herjavec is a rabid Ferrari collector. He says getting on a list for a new limited-edition model is impossible. In an interview in Wired, he said, “People assume it’s a financial decision; whoever has more money gets on. The reality is that they use it as a reward for people who are loyal to the brand.”

So how does one know if he or she is actually getting on a list for a limited-edition Ferrari? “The funny thing is you never really know if you’re getting one until you’re getting one,” says Herjavec. “This is where the Ferrari world is kind of like the Vatican. It’s very mysterious. There are a lot of trinkets you have to wear and rings you have to kiss.”

0" style="box-sizing: inherit; margin-top: 24px; position: static; float: left; width: calc(100% - 330px); margin-bottom: 24px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 15px; color: rgb(17, 17, 17);">Tags: FERRARI

JTSE30 likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Welcome, Alex!

Pardon our jocular response. We get many fakers and nonserious folks here so that we can be skeptical.

That said, I do believe you.

Can you give us more details about your situation? It will help us give you better guidance.

By all means, do not make this a 'one and done.' - that would pretty much seal the other assumptions here.

Kind regards.

12. rampante550

rampante550 Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2010
    NC
    Full Name:
    D Day
    Ferrari cares much more about what other dealerships their dealers own than the other cars their customers own

13. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    you are bad.:D

14. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    That's a big bag of ****.
    I can confirm that anybody can walk into a dealership and leave with a brand new Ferrari. Not a limited edition, maybe not a 812 GTS, but definitely a Ferrari.
    You do not need to have the Ferrari serviced at the dealership to be covered by the warranty. This is forbidden in many countries, including France. You need to be able to prove that the maintenance has been done by a qualified professional. This being said, you do have 7 year free maintenance with your new Ferrari so why would you pay an indy to do it...
    You can absolutely sell your new Ferrari as soon as you buy, unless it is a very specific model (especially limited editions). Then indeed there is a contractual clause preventing you from doing so.
    You can modify your Ferrari. Many people have aftermarket exhausts, wheels, body kit, etc. Unless it voids the car's homologation dealers are ok with it. If you do something obscene with your Ferrari and it gets publicity, then indeed you can receive a cease and desist. But that's not specific to Ferrari.
    No, you dont have to attend the Ferrari functions.

technom3 and IloveGT like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Tough love often can be more effective versus enabling insincerity.

IloveGT likes this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Total nonsense. How many new Ferraris have you purchased?

technom3, 350MH83 and IloveGT like this.
  17. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Well maybe not total

It mixes the limited edition with buying a new Ferrari generically.

The issue is the demand side is sooo high and dealers have played the game to their benefit it seems that it is the case in some places.

Have some been told they had to buy another to get an SF90 or 812GTS? Pista s don’t go to new customers. There is something there at the dealer level or higher for scarce allocation.

And the limited such as 812c are selected from the factory.
    Can anyone tell me the criteria for example ? Because many of us not selected on this board met the criteria advanced by some as the criteria? Number of 12s in possession/ordered new. Number of cars current/ever/ events etc.

Doesn’t matter to me but it’s not clear in general.

No?

18. nicolaprince

nicolaprince Karting

May 16, 2021
    Bologna, Italy
    Full Name:
    Nicola Prince
    Are you sure you can buy a Huracan if Lamborghini comes to know you want to get a Ferrari too?

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I assume this is a 14-year-old. Which is fine; I've done even more stupid things at that age.

What's scary is we've had middle-aged men engage in stunts like this.

20. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

toparkt, JAM1, paulchua and 1 other person like this.
  21. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    You will be punished by being permitted to only purchase a California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulchua likes this.
  22. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    after owning a v10 or v12 lamborghini you'll probably not care about ferrari that much. all the new ferrari models with gpf more or less sck compared to latest lambos.

maybe 296 will be a bit playful but then it is v6.

23. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  24. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the only restriction that they insist on is that you do not try to drive both cars at the same time.....

25. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Beware: Ferrari requires prospective buyers to pass a simple applied math test with respect to the calendar. Since you’re looking for used, I suggest you avoid this by buying from a reseller rather than an AD.

technom3 likes this.