My recipe for glass cleaner | FerrariChat

My recipe for glass cleaner

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by DiamondDog, Sep 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I have tried so many glass cleaners. One day I was was having Huper Optic Ceramic Tint installed by their master tech. I asked him what he used. He said he would give me his secret recipe. You have to use a microfiber designed for glass cleaning. I like The Rag Company for this. Here is the recipe

Fill a quart spray bottle with distilled or Reverse Osmosis water
    Add 3 drops of Lemon Joy dish-washing liquid (must be the ordinal and this brand)
    3 cap fulls of rubbing alcohol

I really haven't found anything that works better and its very economical. I am curious to your experience with this recipe

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I find sprayway glass cleaner without ammonia works great..but may have to give this a try

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    As previously recommended here--Prist windscreen cleaner and The Ultimate Cloth is awesome and I've tried all the others.
    Also good is Auto Finesse glass cleaner with microfiber glass cleaning cloth

4. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    The most important thing about cleaning glass is the material you wipe the product off with so microfiber or similar is a must. Personally I find the foam glass cleaners with microfiber to work best, but I'm going to try the OP's recommendation when my OCD is fired up.

c8spidey likes this.
  5. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    I use the double ‘E-cloth‘ method. Water is all you need on the first cloth, the second cloth is used dry. Works on many surfaces. Crystal clear every time with minimal effort. Search E-cloth on web....

c8spidey likes this.
  6. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    call me crazy but unless it's getting caked bugs off or similar, just plain water and elbow grease works better than just about anything I've tried when it comes to a nice streak free finish.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  7. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    you're probably right, but MORE importantly---do you drive or operate a Zamboni?

8. 020147

020147 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2006
    Midwest
    I’m a Sonax guy. I buy glass cleaner by the 2.5 gallon jug. But I’ll give this a whirl, thanks for the heads up!