FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀... | Page 22 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRAN PREMIO D'ITALIA 2021 - Monza...RACE....▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS▄▀▄▀▄▀...

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Sep 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria

Attached Files:

2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    ingegnere, JL350 and Bas like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Hamilton-Verstappen crash was ‘a racing incident, no danger’ – Alonso

“I just looked at the incident and it seems an unfortunate position and corner and kerb,” Alonso explained on Sunday evening at Monza. “The car jumps a little bit and they just touched tyre with tyre and the rubber makes one car [fly].

“But it’s low-speed, they are at 30 or 40kph, there is no danger, there is no nothing. So I don’t think that today was a big thing. Silverstone, probably yes, but today it was just a racing incident.”

Alonso pointed out several other drivers came close to having similar collisions during the weekend without the same outcome.

“I think Lewis tried to run in turn one to force, maybe, Max to cut the corner. Max doesn’t cut the corner, stay in the outside, but then there is no corner possible to make on the inside for turn two. They both they did what they should do and unfortunately they touched each other.

“I saw the replay of this start as well and Giovinazzi [and] Leclerc touched in the same way, Stroll and Perez they touched in the same way, turn one and two, but they didn’t touch wheel-to-wheel, rubber-to-rubber, tyre to tyre. So there is not the same outcome.

“But this is a very difficult manoeuvre, turn one, turn two and they’ve been unlucky that they touched tyre with tyre.”

https://www.racefans.net/2021/09/14/hamilton-verstappen-crash-was-a-racing-incident-no-danger-alonso/

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Insults me, then immediatly accuse me of mud slinging LOL!

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The question is not whether its a racing incident or not. The question is why other drivers did similar moves throughout the race and did not crash as Verstappen did? Verstappen made a bad decision, he choose to crash intead of abort.

6. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    What does he know! Must be another Max sympathizer

LOL

stavura, moretti, Picchu88 and 5 others like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Same with Ralph...but hey, better ask Connelly, he's the one who knows best!

Nortonious likes this.
  8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah, he also said Hamilton is his top 5 of all time, what does this guy know! LOL

9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Lewis made a bad decision at Copse.....Lewis should have aborted.

ingegnere likes this.
  10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah I accept that, and he got penalized. I'm a real Hamilton fan. I accept stewards decision. Now Max fans won't accept that Max made a bad decision. Fake fans are not truthful and make excuses, there are alot of fake Schumi fans too.

11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    fil likes this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Both incidents(Silverstone 2021 Lewis & Max and Monza 2021 Lewis & Max) were racing incidents

ricksb and Bas like this.
  13. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Only because your reply invited yourself to be addressed in that way.

And? That's not the debate is it? You won't see me disagreeing that Lewis isn't a top driver.

jpalmito likes this.
  14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No, Lewis made a very good decision on copse, and he knows it! And he did it because he knew he had the stewards in his pocket!
    And please let's stop with the BS about impossible overtakings, they are only impossible if:
    1-The guy being overtaken is dirty or drunk
    2-The overtaker is not talented enough to do it (like Stroll for example)
    PS: As someone once said (i believe it was Piquet but could be wrong), Gilles like to overtake where he can and where he can't, and if it's where he can't he likes it even more!...and he did it, despite being labeled as "impossible".

stavura, Nortonious, lagunacc and 2 others like this.
  15. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Bono: Tire time !!!

Kimi: Bwoaah ... hahahah

Bas likes this.
  16. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

FIA sees no need to change Monza kerbs after Verstappen/Hamilton clash
    By: Filip Cleeren
    Co-author: Adam Cooper
    Sep 14, 2021, 4:21 AM
    FIA race director Michael Masi doesn't believe the sausage kerbs at Monza's first chicane require any changes in the wake of the clash between Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen at the Italian Grand Prix.

17. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    And Toto saying Max committed a tactical foul and LH had nothing to gain is complete BS.

Horner should have been more aggressive in calling out Merc's pattern of taking their cars out,
    instead of going for the middle. Merc's are kicking their butt in the PR dept.

stavura and Bas like this.
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Perhaps if F1 cars didn't have a footprint the size of a Humvee . . .

Jack-the-lad, jpalmito and ingegnere like this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I agree, what need to be changed is Masi, not the kerbs...

Bas likes this.
  20. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    #545 ricksb, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    I’ve stayed out of the fray (purposely) on this one to observe. I think it’s interesting that so many criticized Hamilton for a) not checking on Max (which he did) and b) celebrating a win at Silverstone after tangling with Max and sending him into the wall. Mostly I recall many saying they lost respect for Hamilton by not checking on Max (who was sent to the medical tent after his crash).

I don’t think the same standard is in play here. In fact, I think there is some celebration that Hamilton took tire tracks to the helmet. Now, nobody here claims to be unbiased, but there was a little virtue-signaling in place after Silverstone that vanished in this case. I think the correct thing to do is to always ensure your fellow competitor is okay after a crash...but it's not a rule per se. I just wonder what would have happened if Hamilton's car landed on Max's head and he said "that's what he gets for not leaving me space". I can't even imagine....

jgonzales, I agree with your original stance on this. That's consistency in practice (and I know Hamilton is not close to your favorite driver).

Bas and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  21. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Of course, this is only funny because he’s OK and… he was responsible for the incident in the first place. :p

Bas and Nortonious like this.
  22. trumpet77

trumpet77 Formula 3

Jun 13, 2011
    Great Neck, NY
    Full Name:
    Robert Nixon
    The incident is over, and this probably doesn't matter, but on watching a replay I was wondering about the blue flag shown into turn 1. Obviously, it's telling someone that a faster car is coming up behind. Is the flag for Norris? Is the flag for Hamilton. Neither one is going to slow down and let someone pass because they are racing for position (not being lapped), and I don't know if NOR had any blue flags before this (I think the rule is after so many blue flags you have to yield or get a penalty.) NOR probably can't go to his right if the flag is for him due to VER behind, since HAM is coming out of the pits. So, I don't know, is the flag for HAM to be careful coming out of the pits? Just thinking out loud I guess. Image Unavailable, Please Login

furoni and F2003-GA like this.
  23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    We could call this the crashathizer syndrome.

24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Hamilton vs Verstappen: Who Was To Blame At Monza? | Jolyon Palmer's F1 TV Analysis

ktu likes this.
  25. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    stavura, Picchu88, Bas and 3 others like this.