High mile 328 worth | FerrariChat

High mile 328 worth

Discussion in '308/328' started by DonJuan348, Sep 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    There’s 328 listed with 106k. I remember years back when I first started looked for 328 there was one listed for many models which had 93k miles I think final price was $26-27k. Fast forward today what is this one worth? What things to be aware of with high mile 328?

2. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    It's worth a lot less than a low mileage 328; that's just reality. OTOH, a higher mileage 328 might be a much better "driver." ;)

miketuason likes this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The same rules still apply....

30% of a retail number, would be my hard answer.

4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Is this the '89 328 offered by Gallery Junction?

I won't offer an estimate on what I believe the reasonable price should be, but will note that the interior is in rather poor condition. This is also the first time I've seen 2 stereo decks in a 328.

The front bumper, passenger side, shows evidence of some sort of incident - the gap is wrong on the corner, and the lenses are not flush with the bumper. The previous owner certainly had a thing for extra Ferrari stickers; normally you only see that much "IT'S A FERRARI!" branding on a Fiero...

There's some odd black overspray on the drip tray (under the rear deck)... almost as if someone was repainting the mesh or louvers, but didn't remove them from the car first.

The rear valve cover appears to have been painted while still attached to the head. Perhaps it's a lighting illusion in the pic, but the nuts/stud appear to be the same silver color as the cover.

The coolant reservoir has either been painted or replaced (not a huge problem in itself), and the air housing logo has been poorly stenciled and painted. Those rims are of course not original, and in my opinion lower the value quite a bit.

It appears the car was running when the pics were taken; oil pressure looks fine at that RPM and engine temp.

So... feel free to take those observations into account, when you're evaluating the asking price.

5. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Come on guys give a number. It is from Gallery Junction. Thorn thanks for full visual evaluation. Overall sound like in poor physical condition.
    Interior I planned to change color, wheels I always put aftermarket hate factory wheels.
    I knew it was overpriced but for condition it’s ridiculously overpriced. Price already dropped $10,000
    I want miles because I drive my Ferraris a lot and don’t care about resell

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    ...you forget also the rear view mirrors that are not standard, the seats that are from an unknown pattern for a 328, etc...the center console which needs at least refreshing...in fact, the whole interior needs to be replaced IF (and that is a big IF) that car is to be brought back to some form of normality. And of course, at 106k + miles, it would be wise to have some information about the engine's state of health.

It really depends on what the future buyer wants, because if the car would have to be brought back to original, it will cost a lot of money (probably it wouldn't make much economic sense).
    If it is mainly to be driven, not paying any attention to originality, it depends on the engine's health (and clutch and transmission) and what has, or not, already been done on the suspension (bushings, shocks, etc...)

Rgds

7. Dave Bertrand

Dave Bertrand Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 24, 2005
    Castle Rock, CO
    Could be $50k. Could be $20k. The pics are too small to really see its condition, and we know nothing about its mechanical condition. Personally, I wouldn't even give this car a sniff until they drop the price another $30k.

8. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    From what Thorn evaluated it’s $10-15k physically to make it nice driver. Mechanical health is unknown.
    Value $25k tops

9. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #9 308 milano, Sep 14, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    T Rutlands in Georgia has a complete stripped of all its components 328 body less engine and drivetrain for $25,000. That’s just outer shell. Your valuation of this 328 it’s just a tad low. :)
    Without even looking at the photos and going off what others have said. I’m going to say you’ll have to be in the upper $40k range not to be shown the door. 2cts.

just viewed the photos. I’m betting they get their $60,000

10. bertrand328

bertrand328 Formula 3

Jun 1, 2015
    France
    Full Name:
    Bertrand

I don't undestand, you looking at 328 from several years and you are interested in this one ! Why ? There is so many other GTS in US

RodC328gts and 308 milano like this.
  11. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    My 89 has 104 k miles, I would not let it go for under 150,000 , but then again, its better than the one in Bev Hills with 29 k miles, selling for 135,000 . With that being said, its not for sale. lol .Good luck.

Thank you

miketuason likes this.
  12. mike996

mike996 F1 Veteran

Jun 14, 2008
    Full Name:
    Mike 996
    The price seems high to me but I admit I haven't tried to buy an 89 '328 since I bought mine with 24k miles in 2008! ;) But since I've always managed to end up in the "Buy High, Sell Low" category, the concept of a used car being worth more than it was when I bought it is totally foreign! :)

Wish I had kept my Plymouth Hemi Belvedere instead of selling it for 2500 bucks back in the day...:(

13. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Exactly! One of my friends in high school bought a 69 mustang big block for $3500 and he beat the snot out of that car. Remember being in it at 118 mph and blowing the radiator hose. Just by chance I ran into the gentleman that purchased this car many years later at the Chevy dealership while we were talking about Yellowstone park. That exact same car underwent a full restoration and sold for $140,000. wow

Had 4 air cooled 911’s cluttering the yard while we were building our new home and finally decided to sell them. They ranged from years 77through 83. Sold for $8000-$9000 each. Talk about regret.

14. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    This is an interesting question and worth asking.

There is a partially disassembled 88 328 here in town with a salvage title. Owner wants to get rid of it and I was asked what it was worth. They didn't like my answer.

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The miles aren't the problem with that car. The fact that a sticker collection fell on it, and the interior rework was paid for in Pesos are the problems.

My 328 has more miles on it, and I wouldn't let it go for 70K

16. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    I work just down the street from this dealership and pop in every once in awhile to see what's in their inventory. Nice guys and always let me look around without hovering over me. I like to compare what I actually see versus what the ad pictures look like. I've noted that some of their vehicles have major issues and some have very few at all. Do your homework as always. They had a 348TS back a 4-5 years ago that I wish I had bought at 37,500.

I'll go look at the 328 if you've got something specific about it that you want me to look at or ask. Gotta do it this week as I'm heading to Dubai for the next 3 weeks.