2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!! | Page 12 | FerrariChat

2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FerrariFR33458, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Why not ?

2. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I think he’s referring to the Monza SP that are not homologated in the US for normal use on public roads - only with a specific status, that limits the use of the car.

polishhammer83 and ingegnere like this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Yes because there isn’t a proper windscreen?
    The future Icona should have one it seems..

456-boy and ingegnere like this.
  4. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    You are true about the windscreen. I’ll not an expert but if I have read carefully, the Monza is not road legal on the US not only because of the windscreen but also because of the type of harnesses/seatbelt, and other « details » (such as the side markers but that’s not big issue).

This Icona 2 mule shows a windscreen, a bit stranger under the camouflage but it is present! That might help for the homologation of course.

ingegnere and jpalmito like this.
  5. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    There is the crash test issue as well...

6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  7. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
  8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    so basically we have gone from some kind of F40 tribute, to a p3/4 tribute....
    and from what i can see it just looks like a warmed over Laf without batteries.

its kind of mission impossible tho, since the p4/5 already captures all the design elements that you would echo in a tribute to the p3/4.....so you can either copy that again, or warm over a Laf.....

polishhammer83 likes this.
  9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    of2worlds, JTSE30 and jpalmito like this.
  10. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Without hybridization this car should weight around 1450kgs with 850hp.
    Hope the design will be an instant classic!

11. Theothertopgearfan

Sep 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    The stig
    Hm, I would’ve expected it to weigh around 1300kg, I wonder what’s taking up so much weight?

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  12. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    That's still way too heavy.
    The ideal supercar should weigh around a ton.

13. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    My point exactly, it's way too heavy.

14. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    No, it will be a unique design. Manzoni and his team will not warm something up. In the last three pics we see the LaFerrari-muletto and not the final design.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    A kerb weight of 1450 Kg (possibly even less) sounds reasonable, compared to the ~1600 of a standard LaFerrari.

Jonathan19 likes this.
  16. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Oh, gosh, another P4 remake?

May God protect us from Jim "everybody is copying my copy" Glickenhaus.

GrigioGuy, 456-boy, ARAUJO77 and 2 others like this.
  17. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Manzoni is not "Icarus" and will not get too close to the "sun" (Ferrari 330 P4). He knows that this vehicle with the Piero Drogo design is unique and cannot be copied (that was Pininfarina's mistake with the P4/5). I think we will only see a few design elements from this legend on the new vehicle and some modern elements too.

18. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ok. but you are still saying the supposed f40 tribute will have p3 elements....sounds like some confusion somewhere.

btw, all car designs are appreciated differently, but the p4/5 is pretty much universally praised as a design triumph, and one that even montezemolo himself wanted to produce, so i dont think PF made any mistakes, (other than to have pissed off Montezemolo).

polishhammer83 likes this.
  19. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    I don't understand this confusion around the F40... maybe an F40 inspired Icona will come later. It was always clear to me that after the Monza SP1/2, icons from the 60s would be presented next (inspired by the Ferrari 330 P4 and 250 GTO).

The Ferrari P4/5 is clumsy in my eyes and a world worse than the Drogo-Ferrari 330 P4. This car is not a highlight for Pininfarina (who otherwise created such great designs). Anyway, my opinion!

red passion and ingegnere like this.
  20. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    I think that the P4/5 is a great remake. Fortunately Pininfarina didn´t listen to Jim, who wanted a "literal copy", and made something more interesting. It´s just that I don´t like remakes.

I´m not crazy about the SP1/2 either: good execution but a rather generic idea.

21. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    no one directly told about a f40 icona ever.. i can vaguely remember that post as it was cryptically said about something light and agile or whatever is coming... and then someone came about the idea of a f40 icona based on that post and some other cryptic messages: i could not find it now.. from that point rumors started that an f40 icona is coming. maybe he (it's either day355 or albertlp) just wanted to give a glimpse of the nature of the car......

ohno and snowboy458 like this.
  22. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    I think so too: The new Icona will be much more angular and masculine and not so smooth than the Monza SP1/2. You can see that under the curtain of the prototype. The front fenders will appear flatter than on the 330 P4 and the aerodynamic parts will also be much more extreme.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. Theothertopgearfan

Sep 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    The stig
    Ah, I hope it doesn’t get too aggressive like the sf90, if it can have a similar balance between elegance and aggression like the laferrari that would be nice.

babgh likes this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Still prefer SF90 over the LaF. LaF was too contrived with the “tensostruttura”—designed to look like a tent, in other words, LOL—theme.

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    For safety reasons, aerodynamic should be efficient with such ratio weight/power.