Portofino M Red | FerrariChat

Portofino M Red

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by JayGeeee, Sep 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JayGeeee

JayGeeee Rookie

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    James H Gill II
    Hello Everyone!!

I'm excitedly spec'ing out my first Ferrari and happily have chosen a new Portofino M. I'm thinking about red, but I want something a little different. Has anyone ever seen a PF in Rosso 70 Anni? I'd like to go by more than the small swatch at the dealership. Alternatively, does anyone have any experience/photos with any of the other "alternative" reds? While Rosso Portofino is absolutely beautiful, I've seen an awful lot of it and was thinking of other options. Any ideas happily welcomed!!

2. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    #2 SilverLeaf, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    You've seen an awful lot of Rosso Portofino...and you don't like it anymore? Or something else?

I'd be cautious about picking a more obscure shade of red just to be different - you'll have to live with the color for a long time, so if you feel Rosso Portofino is absolutely beautiful, why go with a lesser color?

Here's a suggestion: Maybe choose a more unique interior color to stand out from the rest. Most of the RP cars I've seen are spec'd black or cuoio interiors - there are many more interior color choices that would make your car more unique, without compromising the paint color

Florida Joe likes this.
  3. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I love Rosso Portofino and originally ordered it on my SF90 but switched to Rosso 2007 F1 after looking a LOTS of pics of many different reds. I recommend looking at vids rather than photos as you can see the colour in different lights and angles out on the road rather than under the bright lights of a showroom. I first saw Rosso Portofino at the Portofino’s launch and loved it. I’d be very happy with a Portofino in that colour.

4. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    We did go rosso Portofino! Both with sabia interior. It was interesting to put the two cars together… same paint code…. Slightly different. The sf90 is slightly deeper… put them apart and you don’t notice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. JayGeeee

JayGeeee Rookie

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    James H Gill II
    I'm not wondering about something else to be different simply for the sake of being different. It's more that I don't want to overlook one of the options that is available just because I haven't seen it. Basically, I want to explore EVERY option.

6. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    Sounds like fun! :) Enjoy the journey in spec'ing your first Ferrari.

JayGeeee likes this.
  7. JayGeeee

JayGeeee Rookie

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    James H Gill II
    Looks absolutely gorgeous.....well done. Strangely enough, you're right. They do look a different. But not different enough to dislike either one. Pretty amazing.

8. JayGeeee

JayGeeee Rookie

Jul 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    James H Gill II
    Has anyone ever seen your color, rosso F1 2007 on a Portofino???? Would love to see it....or photos of your sf90, assuming you've got it by now....