If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 10 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Remains to be proved, if and when it enters production.

2. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    considering gm has spent his whole life obessed with light weight cars and he repeatedly says he hates how manufacturers quote dry weights, I personally believe it will be proven.

out of curiosity what makes you so skeptical? they've just announced another £300m of investment with a 5 year plan involving other models / facilities etc

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Small manufacturers / start-ups making astonishing claims always make me sceptical.

NürScud likes this.
  4. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    and companies that have never made a car don’t forget!

ZF123, NürScud and REALZEUS like this.
  5. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    The Enzo looks a million times better, it's one of the best looking cars of all time.
    Buy one and change the driving position, by placing it in the center. Upgrade the engine to get an extra 2-300 HP and then you have the perfect car

john a barnes and elmadi like this.
  6. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Latest video of the T.50 engine component :

7. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  8. Johnny_Bravo

Johnny_Bravo Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2012
    j09333 likes this.
  9. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Much agree

Johnny_Bravo likes this.
  10. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  11. MotorMouth

MotorMouth Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well, any day now.

john a barnes likes this.
  12. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  13. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
    I think the Enzo will stand taller in the long run.

elmadi and JTSE30 like this.
  14. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Really curious to see this in the flesh. I think it could be an incredible car but looking a bit banal in that video.

elmadi likes this.
  15. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    They are prototypes, so not refined at all, but I have to say the more I see it the more I like it. Understated gets my attention.

16. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Yes, noted. I'm a big fan of the car (no pun intended) so I'm hoping the final result is something special.

elmadi likes this.
  17. Forza_CP

Forza_CP Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 24, 2020
    Full Name:
    C P
    hopefully the mp4-12c steering wheel doesn't make it into the production version, brutal. I agree the design is underwhelming but the "press car" or press rendering in that silver color really doesn't help... they should be doing more non-metallic 'racey' colors imo. i'm sure these details will become minutiae when we see how it really drives... maybe the new king of the analogs

elmadi likes this.
  18. gzachary

gzachary Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Jan 10, 2011
    California
    I believe the t.50 will be one of the best driver’s cars ever. I am not commenting on the looks on the outside. Just the driving experience. I don’t think GM has a point to prove or an axe to grind with Ferrari at all, unlike a well known car company aiming at “0 to 60 in negative 9 seconds” now. Lol.

He is focused on doing his best to deliver the best type of driving experience. IMO, it’s good to have this type of spirit in the world of driving and racing that we love.

In terms of the point of future value, my view is that the following three factors in a combination drive long term value for that vehicle model: scarcity, a connection to racing, and it’s subsystems, and design. Also important but way less so, an introduction to a new platform or the end of an old tech platform. And always important for a specific car….what individual drove it.

You can see how the 250 GTO, McLaren F1, and then less so F50, kind of the F40, Zonda fit the bill. (There are always the amazing other 250s from the late 50s/early 60s selling for $10M+ now because of these factors). Then the others , LaFerrari, Enzo, start to bump into a relative ceiling. F40 will bump into it IMO because of the total volume of units.

elmadi likes this.
  19. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    An update from Gordon Murray Automotive on Sep 30, 2021

F2003-GA likes this.
  20. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    They really are doing it all McLaren F1 again. Even the Ultima mule. George now, but Albert and Edward last time. https://www.ultimasports.co.uk/History/McLaren

elmadi, Ultralab and jpalmito like this.
  21. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Even GMDs headquarters in Shalford have Mclaren F1 direct links, as it was purchased from Ferrari by Mclaren for the F1 road car program, having originally been built for John Barnard to run the F1 Ferrari race car development program from in the late 80s.

I guess Gordon Murray took possession from Mclaren as part of his deal when he moved on from them, he does not live far from there either.

elmadi likes this.
  22. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  23. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    That sounds amazing, like a high powered motorbike on steroids.

If we can get our 575 engined project to produce anything close to that level of music, then my days of turbo cars are well and truly over!

jpalmito and elmadi like this.
  24. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    I am amazed too how good the sound is. Prof Murray said something in the video "the sound is totally different hearing at the dyno...."

jpalmito likes this.