Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 95 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    You sure about that?

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No, he's not.

Flavio_C likes this.
  3. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The most ridiculous post on this thread, well done sir!

Jeronimo GTO, fil, Flavio_C and 2 others like this.
  4. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I see what you did there. Well played.

And I miss the original thread title.

Bas and JJ like this.
  5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Put it to rest already, what more evidence do you need that Max checked on Lewis?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

As for Max being a dirty driver, he's doing exactly the same that Lewis is doing (and has done his entire career) in regards to giving space. So if Max is dirty, so is Lewis.

stavura, JL350, Jeronimo GTO and 3 others like this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Exactly. He looked at Lewis sitting there spinning his wheels so he got the hell out of the way. Just common sense.

stavura, JL350, 375+ and 4 others like this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I like u but ur bias being Dutch is evident, just like William is with the British drivers.

I wish for u max wins, yes he has been cleaner the past 2 years but overall, over his short career he already has more incidents than lewis his ENTIRE career. Facts, case closed. Next GP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Lewis spent most of his career in a car that is 2 sec faster than the rest, and as a result spent most of his time well clear of the field. His interactions with other drivers are few and far between, so naturally he doesn't have many opportunities for incidents. When he gets the opportunity to have an incident, though, he definitely takes full advantage. Doesn't play well with others and can't drive in traffic.

stavura, furoni, Picchu88 and 7 others like this.
  9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Hocakes, Bas and jpalmito like this.
  10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    You cannot prove that. There are no stats that record number of incidents over the course of a drivers caeeer.

Penalties....YES.....up to 2014 till current. Anything before 2014 regarding penalties issued is debatable. Lewis has 14 years under his belt and Max only 5 years.

stavura, Picchu88, Nortonious and 2 others like this.
  11. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I don't bare a lot of love for my home country. It's purely a passport to me. I think I spend less than 5 days there in the past 5 years.

Yes I'm a big fan of Max, but as discussed a page or so back, has Max really been involved in as many incidents as Lewis' entire career? I've my doubts. Penalty points don't count, they only came into the sport 2014. In just 2011 alone Lewis spend the majority of his season crashing into others it seemed (yes an exaggeration). I don't have the time/want to do it right now but I think adding up all of Lewis' at fault incidents vs all of Max's, you'll be disappointed with your claim that Max has had more.

Despite being pressed, no real evidence has been given yet that it's an absolute fact.

12. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Bottas spent much of his career in the same "2 sec" car, why has he had more incidents than other drivers?

13. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Hamilton is as dirty as it comes as far as drivers go...he's just lucky the FIA are in his pocket. If I were a track steward I would have penalized him at Monza for exiting the pits on cold tires and swerving over to block Max who was come down the straight and approaching turn one at full steam. He was as every bit to blame for causing that crash.

stavura, furoni and 375+ like this.
  14. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Has he?

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Only if you count ''in the last 4 races''.

16. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
  17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Does he?

18. Natkingcolebasket69

The evidence is there from a penalty standpoint since 2014.
    As far as the entire career,u are right, maybe KTU can watch all the races and prove it or not ;))

ktu likes this.
  19. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Correct. Which driver earned a nickname Crashtappen?

20. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Oooof, there's the proof.:rolleyes:

stavura, sammysaber, Bas and 2 others like this.
  21. Natkingcolebasket69

We said evidence

22. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    There is evidence of that being his nickname !:p

23. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    I've been calling Lewis 'Crashtappen' since 2009. What do you call him?

Comparing incidents made by a 17 year old rookie, now 23, squeezing the most he can out of a quick but not blindingly quick car to those of a 22 year old rookie who spent most of his career managing tire wear in a dominant car is hardly apples to apples. Even if there were stats, I don't really see the point (and in the context of this wholly pointless thread, that says something).

jgonzalesm6, Nortonious and Bas like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not putting my eggs in his basket, he thinks a nickname of drivers is proof enough! (I hope he realizes Kimi isn't an actual Iceman!)

Max in his early F1 career had a few shunts, as most drivers had. He also pushed the limits and went over them whilst defending. He learned what is the limit (both attacking and defending) and drives at 99.9% of that. Does he go over? Sure. But so do just about all of them. When Lewis still had a quick teammate (Rosberg), we saw this type of squeezing (that both he and Max used this weekend) almost every weekend. Neither driver likes it when it happens to them.

The risk with this type of squeezing, a touch depends on the others' willingness to get out of it a lot of the time. But these crashes are also a bit of a grey area. With this specific one, Lewis invited Max inside for T2. He knows Max is very unlikely to back out. Fact of the matter is, the touch would've been far better for Lewis to happen in T1 rather than T2 (forget the flying over him part). If he forced Max wide, or at minimum slow Max's exit significantly by taking the corner square, Max would've either gone across (and lost position) or slowed down on exit enough that he'd be behind for T2.

That's why I find the focus of the stewards on T1 rather than T2 idiotic. They seemed to have taken the corner, that the FIA themselves name as T1 and T2, as T1 (as the crash happened in their own designated T2). I don't think Red Bull is protesting the penalty purely because they're planning the engine anyways, so will start from the back, and don't want to piss the FIA off.

I remain of the opinion that between two drivers that never give an inch, a racing incident happened and they both played their part. By F1's own rules, Max was alongside for T2. It was the FIA that suddenly made T2, T1, for their stewards meeting, that Max wasn't alongside enough.

stavura, sammysaber, 375+ and 3 others like this.