Ferrari ROMA | Page 181 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    There are a few places you can put it although it will depend on the size of your phone and whether it's cased etc. There is a dedicated location on the side of the central pillar which is a vertical slot but it's really thin so if you have a case on your phone like I do, it is unlikely to fit here. Additionally, there is a tray under the central pillar which it can go in, in the armrest or also in the door.

2. JHNurse

JHNurse Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2021
    Wyoming
    Full Name:
    Andy King
    Where is the optional wireless charging mat located? That might also be a good place to store a phone, even without including the charging mat.

Andy

Soleith likes this.
  3. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Good point Andy, unfortunately I didn't ask when speccing mine as I've also had problems with the charging mat on my A8 given the case thickness on my phone. It's odd, the case isn't super thick, looks about 11mm overall. I'd guess it's in the armrest or perhaps the section under the central pillar.

4. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    There's also a $1,687 option to wirelessly charge your smart phone which I took a pass on as that's more than the cost of a new iPhone 13. Besides, I intend to drive my Roma on special occasions, not on a regular basis.

Patron4 likes this.
  5. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    OMG, just been told my car has been built and is on its way over to blighty!

PROV and 456-boy like this.
  6. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
    That is amazing, congratulations! You sound surprised, was it lot quicker than you were told/anticipated? How long did it take to this point?

Joe M likes this.
  7. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    My build slot was for September so in line with what I was told but I suppose I had thought from receiving the photos in My Ferrari I still haven't had my 3rd photo so thought the car was still being built. Order was placed in January. Tbh it's my first Ferrari so everything is mega-exciting for me, slightly surprised but more just completely hyped!

8. ScuderiaTallinn

Sep 1, 2020
    It's on the tray under the center pillar if you spec it.

JHNurse likes this.
  9. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Did it come in as a '21 or '22 model?

10. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Not sure tbh, hasn't arrived yet, dealer said it should be here and ready to collect in a couple of weeks.

In other news, final photo received! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Zince, Nicolas21, Crom and 3 others like this.
  11. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Just beautiful!

Soleith likes this.
  12. glennkreisel

glennkreisel Karting

Aug 29, 2020
    Full Name:
    Glenn Kreisel
    Hello all,
    I've had my Roma for a month.. Been having odd Sensor Error issues after driving for a bit. Like signals not working, braking lights not working, emergency braking not working, etc.. They just rotate through on the dash continuously.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    Seems to be tied to duration of use of the car.
    thanks

vcappp likes this.
  13. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    Congrats on your Roma...! Mine is on the boat.

I am very sure you have a 2022 model. mine is.
    You can check your vin that is on the MyFerrari App for details at https://vincheck.info

vcappp and Soleith like this.
  14. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    #4514 Soleith, Sep 20, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    Congrats! I tried it on vincheck, no record of the car yet. Meanwhile, autodna thinks my vin is for a 458 Speciale Aperta?! lol. Suspect these things take a bit of time to populate.

15. dasinna

dasinna Rookie

Feb 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Oli
    Hi all,

Took delivery of my new Roma, my very first Ferrari, several days ago. Over the weekend, I turned on the car and the central and passenger displays were black (off), the “System not programmed“ and “Blind Spot Detection not available” warning messages were on and obviously I had no access to AC, Media, seat settings etc. It seems that in the four days it wasn’t connected to the tender, the battery went almost flat which seems to be a thing with modern Ferraris. I own several performance/super cars, and none have this issue. Now even after charging the car and the tender light showing green, the above issues persist. Main display behind steering wheel works but does sometimes go black for a second, apart from Tachymeter and Odometer, which is always on and working. Before taking it back to Ferrari, which could take days/weeks, I was wondering if there was anything I could try. I have been driving it and tried tapping various buttons on and off ie parking cameras etc. Also tried resetting system back to factory, but unfortunately didn’t result in any improvement. It drives like it should and everything seems to work (engine light does not stay on) apart from the issues mentioned above.

I would be very grateful for any advice/input/recommendations!

vcappp likes this.
  16. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Lack of power to the console display would fit with what you are seeing. Find the fuse that controls the display and check to see if is ok. If not, replace. Your dealer can tell you where to look.

The error message “system not programmed” suggests the device cannot be found by the software on the main cpu. A broken link or no power to the device are two good reasons it respond that way.

SV

008 and vcappp like this.
  17. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    vcappp and Soleith like this.
  18. dan129007

dan129007 Rookie

Apr 20, 2018
    Florida
    One month into ownership - this car is phenomenal and has exceeded all my expectations. I spent hours and hours on this forum researching the car, and anticipating its arrival. This is my first Ferrari, and it brings a smile to my face every time I see it.

I had a minor issue with the satellite radio not working, which was fixed with a quick software reset at the dealer. Otherwise everything has been perfect - lots of fun to drive, great performance, and looks amazing. My kids are small enough to fit in the small backseats too - so its been great to use with the family.

If I did it again, I might have changed the exhaust pipes to black or the matte silver finish. The chrome pipes are bit more bronze in color against my grigio titanio finish. If my detailer can't polish them to a more chrome color, I may change them out. But doesn't bother me too much.

Beyond that minor issue, the drive is great - I want to get it on a track to really unleash the car's potential.

Congrats to everyone who has it ordered - you'll love it.

Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3207807 Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

elmadi, Z33, Lunch Bag and 12 others like this.
  19. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK

Stunning car. I'm still waiting for mine although I had one on loan for a week last month and loved every second of it. Will be my daily driver and have specced black exhaust tips. Also my first Ferrari!

dan129007 likes this.
  20. colormered

colormered Rookie

Jan 22, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric Weinraub
    Just slid past 1500 miles in 7 weeks with our Roma

21. Jhs1

Jhs1 Rookie

Nov 27, 2018
    As a newbie future Ferrari owner, I’m hoping this community can provide some insight into the process for receiving production updates. I placed my Roma order in January and was told to expect delivery in 6 to 9 months. I’ve asked the dealer for a status code but instead have been told that I am “first in the queue”. I don’t really know what that means. I haven’t received a call saying that my order can’t be changed, and haven’t been advised of a build slot - just “next in the queue.” The process is pretty opaque and I worry that pressing the dealership for more detail might be disadvantageous. How have others been notified of their VIN or received pictures when their car is in production? Do these updates just appear in the MyFerrari app or does the dealer send this information? Thanks for any advice.

22. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    #4522 Crom, Sep 22, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    You are in 'the queue' means you are on the waiting list. my guess is you gave an initial deposit of 10k... Your dealer is waiting for an allocation from Ferrari before they can assign it to you. Assuming you are next. If an existing customer who has a history with the dealer wants a Roma, you can bet you won't be next anymore.
    Will the dealer tell that to you? Probably not. just be patient.

your options are not locked until you give the second deposit. usually another 15k. Once the options are locked you go to status Red10... your deposit is now non-refundable at this point.

This means the car is allocated for production, you can't change options, the dealer will receive a build date in a few months after going Red10.

a few months after Red10 Ferrari will build the car. The MyFerrari App/Site will eventually show a vin.(My.Ferrari does not update until you are close to the end of the process) Once the build date hits you'll start to receive 3 pics of the car in production. After the build is completed it goes on the boat for delivery.(Assuming you are in the US)

It's a long process. I didn't get a whole lot of info from my dealer and I didn't call to get updates. I just patiently waited as he already told me when I ordered the car in Nov. 2020 it would be about a year before I get my car... My Roma is on the boat as of mid Sept...

I would just be patient. If you don't hear anything in a month send an email asking for the status.

The wait is crazy but going to be worth it.
    Hope this helps.

Good luck...

Here is what MyFerrari shows once the build is in process and completed.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

redaxe and vcappp like this.
  23. Jhs1

Jhs1 Rookie

Nov 27, 2018
    Very helpful, thanks!

24. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Interesting, I assume this is the US purchase process, here in the UK I just had to place a 20k deposit which I was told was the minimum and that secures my slot. Now that the car is built and on its way over, I need to arrange moving the rest of the funds. Ordered in January, delivery within a fortnight but didn't really get any updates until I saw a VIN in myferrari, then the photos appeared shortly after.

25. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    The second deposit requirement varies between dealers and maybe between states. Several people I have spoken with never put down a second deposit, some people were asked to pay for all the options when locking the config at 10R. My local dealer (San Diego) seems to only require a $10k deposit, refundable up to the day I pick up the car. They were very specific about this point, but did say they would appreciate the earliest possible warning if I was not interested.

This is what I have learned from the community about the ordering process. We have an order in for a Portofino M, so I have been very interested to hear the different experiences people have at different dealers.

Rob

vcappp and RamsHmb like this.