Speed Bleeders | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Speed Bleeders

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ron8892, Sep 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HammerPants

HammerPants Rookie

Jan 1, 2020
    Asheville, NC
    I have the Motive Power Bleeder but have never been able to get a good seal on the brake fluid reservoir in my 360. It seems that the rubber gasket inside the cap is too thick and prevents the threads from screwing down fully, which causes the cap to pop off or begin leaking air as the pressure builds. Is there a trick to this that you guys have figured out?

2. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    Take out the rubber gasket

3. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    There are different caps for different cars. Seems like I have three different caps and a few different rubber seaps? The reservoir cap must be tightened down real tight but I have never had a problem with the seal.

4. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    the motive I received only came with a single cap. Removing the rubber seal has worked in my experience for cars that had trouble getting a proper seal.

Also, I was watching a video from normal super car guy or something along those lines and he was having issues bleeding his 430 or 360 as mentioned above using the motive. In the video I saw removing the rubber gasket solved the issue.

5. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Mine holds pressure just well enough! I do have to run back and forth a few times to check the fluid at the bleeder and add some more pressure to the Motive, though. I will try removing the rubber gasket. Will save me some calories....

Kevin

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app