GTS Rubber Door Seal (Help) | FerrariChat

GTS Rubber Door Seal (Help)

Discussion in '308/328' started by miketuason, Sep 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I’m trying to find this rubber door seal for my 84 GTS P/N 61705500. The one on the left is what’s on my car now and I strongly believe that it’s the original one, the one on the right is I think the aftermarket but most F parts source says the one on the right is the original one. Can you guys check which one you have on your car? And if anyone knows where I can buy the original one (left) I really would appreciate it. T-Rutland, Ferr Parts, and GT Car Parts says the right one is the original but I’m having a hard time believing that. Thanks.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rjlloyd

rjlloyd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2014
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Richard Lloyd
    Hi Mike, On mine '81 I have the seal shown on the right of your picture, that runs from about the bottom third of the 'A' pillar, under the doors and then up and over the the 'B' pillar. I have the same seal that you show on the left that runs from the bottom third of the 'A' pillar up and over the windscreen. From all the investigations I could do, that is correct for the late 70's GTSi's onwards. The seal over the windscreen I sourced from a general auto parts rubber supplier as it was a straight forward length of pinch weld rubber. Hope this helps a bit

miketuason likes this.
  3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    On my '78 it looked like the one on the right. In fact I still have about a 6' chunk of it hanging in my garage if anyone needs it. On the '78 GTS the front and top seal was one piece with the big corners for the targa top to seal against. then it was a single piece from the split like you show all the way around to the other door.

miketuason likes this.
  4. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    308 milano likes this.
  5. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Mike, my 85 Euro has the same rubber weatherstripping as Photos posted above.

miketuason likes this.
  6. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes that’s good, that means yours is original. I still don’t understand why some people says it is not.

7. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I just emailed Superformance in UK to send me pic of what they have if they have it as I didn’t see it in their website.

8. rocket50

rocket50 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2004
    Nashville
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Different years. Maybe the QV's had that little change.

9. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I believe there was a Factory Service Bulletin somewhere along the way that revised the weatherstripping from having two short pieces up each door then a long piece the rest of the way around to just having one long piece all the way around. I believe it had to do with wind noise or water problems.

If you buy the weatherstripping now, you get one very long piece.

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Did you try ReOriginals on this??

I will look at my early car in the morning....

miketuason likes this.
  11. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    my '78. the one on the right, one piece all the way around

miketuason likes this.
  12. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No I didn’t think about ReOriginal thanks for telling me. I believe the one on the left is use mostly on the late 308 like the QV.

13. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Mike is this the type of rubber seal? I know the listing says GTB Image Unavailable, Please Login Maranello Concessionaires list quite a few rubber seal’s for door opening but very little photos. Maybe send them an email with photo?

miketuason likes this.
  14. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It’s a little hard to tell from the pic but looks like that’s the right kind, The Ad says GTB, I hope they have one for the GTS.

15. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Kim I went to their website and after taking a close look at the pic, unfortunately it is not the original that the QV uses, thanks for checking though I appreciate that.

16. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim

Bummer. It would be very helpful if they had pictures of all these items on their website. I’m sure they can get what you’re looking for. might be pricey however.

17. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    If Cicognani doesn't have it you most likely can't get it. Quite a few of the rubber seals for old Ferrari's has been superseded by other types that often works fine but appears slightly changed. For info Mr Fiat is representing Cicognani in the states.

http://www.cicognaniguarnizioni.it/Ferrari-163

Good luck.

Best, Peter

18. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    #18 308 milano, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Mr. Fiat? The home of $127 distributor rotors? The ones that don’t fit down on the shaft properly and almost destroyed one of my caps? The same Mr. Fiat who when I called said they were non-returnable/refundable as now they were used for 10 minutes and I ate $254? That Mr. Fiat? LOL
    Mailed them back to Mr. Fiat So they could see they were not cut deep enough and they still refused refund.
    Would go directly to Cicognani

miketuason likes this.
  19. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #19 pshoejberg, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    So would I any day, that's why I linked the shop. I've just noticed that many Americans are reluctant to buy stuff from overseas so I found it reasonable to mention that MrFiat sell the Cicognani rubbers (on Ebay actually). Anyway always remember that buying spare parts for your wonderful F-car takes some qualified effort and most often some $$. I can guaranty you that you are not the first one ending up with useless spares on your shelf, ask me how I know!

Best, Peter

BigTex and 308 milano like this.
  20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

308 milano likes this.
  21. Du_Man

Du_Man Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Just bought a box full of door rubber bits from Cicognani.... a very good experience, fair prices, and a decent ship time to the USA! I'm no longer reluctant since Superformance and Cicognani.

pshoejberg and 308 milano like this.
  22. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    I don’t mind paying a little extra for Quality/OEM parts when it comes to the Ferrari, comes with the territory but boy do I HATE being screwed. How you treat people has a strange way of coming full circle. Sorry to hear that you’ve also been on the receiving end of some unwanted man love yourself. That’s what’s great about our little 308/328 Community, looking out for one another. As for buying overseas I’ve had nothing but a positive experience from Superformance and Maranello Concessionaires. Big thumbs up!

pshoejberg likes this.
  23. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Kim - I've replaced mine; no idea if the broken one was original. But the replacement matches the one on the right (and matched the broken one)...got from Ricambi.

I've got a small length left over; let know if you'd like a sample bit to evaluate before you buy.

308 milano likes this.
  24. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim

Thanks John! Mine are in great shape, it’s Mike that’s looking for replacements. I’m sure he will be happy to hear that Ricambi has the stuff. :)

miketuason likes this.
  25. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ah, quite right ... Thanks for the correction. Mike, offer applies nonetheless. :)

miketuason and 308 milano like this.