458 - Electronic folding side view mirrors | FerrariChat

458 Electronic folding side view mirrors

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Tarek307, Sep 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Guys, i have a very small garage, and my last 458 had the electronic folding mirrors, which i did not know were an option on the car, thought they were standard. I sold that car earlier this year.

FFW to now i just bought another 458 and owner never tried to fold the mirrors and its already on a truck to me- (Don't have window sticker so can't see option)

I assumed since there were 2 arrows at 6oclock mirror switch of this car that they wold electronically fold, but the trucker tried to use it and it did not fold the mirrors in..

My question is, i had read that if you have the 2 arrows at 6oclock on the switch then you do have the electronic mirror option..but maybe thats wrong info.

Here is a pic of the switch on the car i have on the way, has the arrows at 6oclock also a pic of the build sheet, its abbreviated so can't see entire line (obviously this mystery will be solved once i get the car next week, but i kinda want to know now lol) or i'll be screwed if the mirrors aren't electronically folding no way to get in my garage without having to reach over and fold pass mirror

Attached Files:

2. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    It's possible he didn't turn it far enough. Or they're broken

Tarek307 likes this.
  3. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Tarek, I just went downstairs to my car and tried it (never did it before). Low and behold, the mirrors folded in.

Mikael-F360, Chizz and Tarek307 like this.
  4. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Yes, the arrows indicate the electronic folding mirrors. But……..if the switch was replaced with the wrong P/N…….

I believe the mirror folding option came with the fully adjustable heated electric seats, or maybe the
    MIH4 option.

5. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Put a pool noodle on the corner of the garage.. it'll auto-fold the mirrors :)
    I actually had no idea 458's had them until I accidentally turned the adjuster "too far" one night

jc1 likes this.
  6. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Lamborghini has them standard makes no sense why the 458 has them as an option. And it seems more cars than not don’t have them

7. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    I have s 2015 458 Spider with folding mirrors and the photo matches my dash panel. So I expect your car has them.

8. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    MIH1 (INTERIOR ELECTROCHROMIC MIRROR + HOMELINK SYSTEM)

MIH2 (INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR ELECTROCHROMIC MIRRORS + HOMELINK SYSTEM).

My 458 has MIH2 and has the foldable mirrors, but the pictures looks identical to yours. Reading through
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mirror-option-in-458.541593/ and
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/need-help-in-these-options-what-are-they-on-a-458.478958/

I think your mirrors will fold.

9. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Thats what i'm hoping, the car is a CPO with warranty till end of 2022 so no problem to get fixed ASSUMING it has them and just not working...

Great, venmo me $1150 for the new option i just added to your car hahaha

10. jc1

jc1 Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2021
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Joey (2012 458 Spider)
    interesting. I never looked too close at that line. Mine says:

MIH4 FULL OPTIONAL MIRRORS/HOMELINK

excited to test my mirrors out tomorrow to see if they fold.

edit: looks like according to this thread MIH4 is MIH2 with full electric seats with mirror memory. https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mih4-full-optional-mirrors-what-is-this-option.434173/

11. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    I'm starting to think that all the switches have the arrows, i've been looking at many cars online and haven't seen one without arrows at 6oclock so maybe the arrows don't mean 100% folding mirrors & its just a universal switch?

12. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Could be. Just like the front camera button on the 488. They all have the button, but not the camera unless it was optioned.

13. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    The button is different with the option. If it has the option it has additional arrows on the switch.

jc1 likes this.
  14. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    if it isnt an option then I am royally screwed.., no way to fit in my garage without folding and unfolding to line up again once in -

15. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Did the trucker have the ignition turned on? They don’t fold unless key is in “on” position. Engine doesn’t need to be running.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

350MH83 likes this.
  16. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    not sure, will find out soon she arrives Friday! fingers crossed

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Happened to me as well. Never used them and never had the need for it in any car I've owned. I guess if the door is narrow you need them but has to be hard to judge side-side when entering with them folded.

18. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Thats why once i clear the entrance i open them again..it will be a real pain if they aren't electronic..

Solid State likes this.
  19. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    Hi, I have had 2 458 Spider: first one no arrows, no folding mirrors, present one arrows and folding mirrors.
    It is the automatic-reverse-downward-tilting right mirror that is combined with powered seats, not the folding mirrors, and in fact I have the race seats AND folding mirrors.
    I hope it helps the OP...

Need4Spd, Tarek307 and Chizz like this.
  20. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Good info! Now why does my mirror tilt downwards sometimes and sometimes not!?

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

21. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    My 458 does the same thing. I follow the instructions on page 178 to have the passenger mirror tilt down in reverse and it works. For a week or two, then stops tilting until I re-memorize the position.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

PMiranda likes this.
  22. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    Hi, yes you have folding mirrors based on the picture.

Tarek307 likes this.
  23. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

I Hope to God you are rite because i already have major buyers remorse for what i spent then finding out i might not be able to fit it in the garage will just crush me lol

24. KZEVO

KZEVO Karting

Jul 25, 2021
    When my car came on the trailer a month ago, the side mirrors were folded. I called the dealer and asked how to open the mirrors and they were like why did he fold the mirrors. Try opening the mirrors and if there is resistance then it has auto open/close. There was no resistance. Then i was reading the manual and it had the same picture and it said to twist the knob to those arrows and guess wha it worked. Don’t fret and enjoy the car in good health. Even if it doesn’t for any reason, they should be able to close manually. It seems like a grear spec. Congratulations!

25. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    I believe if you have the racing seats, the electronic folding mirrors are NOT available. Could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat