2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!! | Page 13 | FerrariChat

2020 F40 Icona ...Its Coming, Get Excited!!!!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FerrariFR33458, Mar 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    a car which is inspired by the legendary Ferrari p series, based on a laferrari chassis and has naturally aspirated v12 power which is up to 800hp!! absolutely mouthwatering! remember? 8years ago someone said about another version of the f150 which is according to him “what every Ferrari fan wants from them” maybe that project was shelved and now reborn as an icona. I won’t be surprised if they demand above $2m or close to $3m for this car. what do you think , can they sell 500 copies of this car demanding that kind of price? maybe this time they they’d slash the number of cars but again they managed to sell all 500 monza sp speedsters whereas competitors [mclaren elva & am speedster] are struggling .

snowboy458 likes this.
  2. Theothertopgearfan

Sep 15, 2021
    Full Name:
    The stig
    If it sold 500, it would not seem exclusive enough, I would recommend 300 or less if I was running it.

3. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I don’t think they want to position the car above the current value of a LaF. The new car is an Icona not a hypercar. It will be slower than a LaF and more focused on driver feel and sound (I guess). It will lack the „high tech“ elements of the LaF and it would be hard to sell 500 at that price

My guess is it will be similar in price to the SP1/SP2 and will sell instantly. It will also be a „thank you“ to the people who supported the Icona vision by buying the Monza and a great addition to the Icona series

And it will leave space for the LaF successor the following year that will no doubt be priced above 2m

PS can you imagine what would happen if the car came with a manual gearbox ? Absolute frenzy. It won’t happen but it is a nice thought

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Caeruleus11 and 456-boy like this.
  4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    whatever it turns out to be, only 10% of them will actually be driven beyond 1000km.
    which is a shame

Dubaicity, Thomas S. and jpalmito like this.
  5. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    #305 ohno, Sep 18, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    Maybe some of the confusion about the „F40 icona“ (and the LaFerrari replacement) may depend on articles like this (January 16, 2021):
    https://www.thesupercarblog.com/is-this-the-next-icona-supercar-or-the-laferrari-replacement/
    The car in the picture looks like a development of a new F40 icona... i think the car we see there is a very early muletto for the new 330 P4 inspired icona. We can clearly see the extreme concept of the technical/aerodynamic components which will follow. I think the design of the car will be a mixture between sharp and flowing lines.

6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    everything you find on that website is copied from here... that photo of the winged prototype was found by me and i posted it laferrari replacement thread... not a reliable source

Solid State, ingegnere and 456-boy like this.
  7. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Yes, I think they can sell it at that price, without interfering too much with the LaF Aperta's value...however, things may change depending on the rarity of this Icona.

8. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    Do you mean that in the end YOU are not a reliable source because they copied it from you? :D
    But what interests me more is the photo of this early prototype. It could hint at design topics in the final car. Take a look at my quick sketch: These topics are already visible in the Ferrari 330 P4 but in a more classical way. I could be wrong, but maybe not...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

isot, F140C, 9nb and 2 others like this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    You give him too much credit. You'll see pieces of everything and then glue them together with his too much is not enough style.

10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    What was the date
    Very good analysis, ohno. I think your design is very plausible and I was thinking along the same lines—pun intended—because:

1/ on the camo’d cars recently photographed, there seems to be an obvious downward slope aft of the front fender.

2/ LaF has venting behind front fender so if this is using the same layout, we could expect venting here too and we see a mesh on the camo’d car that could serve this purpose—though these may also be used as air intake for aft mounted radiators:

Another view of the meshed opening and what I think is a wing hiding under that camo and the back—second circled area:

crinoid and F140C like this.
  11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    @maha: didn’t complete my sentence but was asking how recent was that picture? From before the obvious LaF-based mules started to be seen?

12. ohno

ohno Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2009
    I don't deserve that much praise, because during my quick analysis I still had this older sketch by A. Militello (Ferrari Centro Stile) in my mind, which I have now found again on the Internet. The sketch was done during the design development of the Ferrari 488 GTB.

of2worlds, Jonathan19 and 9nb like this.
  13. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    ohno and ingegnere like this.
  14. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Nice work.

It might be a bit off-topic, but I do hope to see something as sleek and sexy as this from Manzoni and his team one day:

One of concept models displayed at Centro Stile.

red passion likes this.
  15. 611LW

611LW Karting

Feb 26, 2020
    Bavaria, Germany
    Just hoping it will at least be somewhat as smooth as the Monza, absolutely love the sleek lines of that thing.

456-boy likes this.
  16. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Same hope here. To me the last models were/are to tortured in terms of design, with too much air intakes or curves that alter the elegant Italian a Ferrari ‘should’ have (that’s my opinion, that’s why I’ll using ‘’). The recent F cars that to me are very elegant, pure but still sporty/agressive are the SP38, SP275, and of course the Monza.

polishhammer83 and 611LW like this.
  17. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    It seems to me that @day355 has indicated that this will not be the case.

of2worlds, polishhammer83 and 9nb like this.
  18. Jonathan19

Jonathan19 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Find it!

polishhammer83, 9nb and 456-boy like this.
  19. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Yes, I remember this comment too.
    Having a sculpted body and agressive lines won’t bother me; that are the tortured lines with too much details that I don’t like.

I’m sure this Icona 2 will be a « love or hate » model!

babgh, 611LW, 9nb and 1 other person like this.
  20. 456-boy

456-boy Formula 3

Jun 23, 2005
    France
    Full Name:
    Victor
    [speculation mode ON] Flavio just posted a picture of a F40, another tribute and hint for a next Icona model?

[speculation mode OFF]

(Kidding of course )

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  21. babgh

babgh Karting

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree on the balance between elegance and aggression like LaF but not on the aggressive part on the looks of SF90. One thing that I can describe about the SF90 is that it is a discordant mess and it looks bland or muted in the front same with the rear that looks like a camaro.

22. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Personally, I don't think Manzoni will butcher this design. We all know he adores the P3/P4 and how important this model is in Ferrari's history (and in the motorsport world, as well)

It's certainly a huge task to do it justice, with a modern twist, and the expectations are quite high, considering how incredibly stunning the Monza is...but he and his team have the experience and the ability to pull it off for sure.

They also know it will be immediately compared to the P4/5 and the more recent DeTomaso P72; it has to be something different, yet typically Ferrari. How will the final result look like? Time will tell, but I'm hoping for a mix between the LaF and the P80/C, both strikingly beautiful..so I'm confident our jaws are gonna drop in November.

611LW and 456-boy like this.
  23. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    what if next icona is not p4 but f40 inspired? the front of the prototype doesn't look voluptuous but flat like a f40.. head lights seem square design..
    [​IMG]

and i hope later rumors are true.. i really really want to see a p4 icona....

ohno likes this.
  24. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Could be. As I noted, camo seems to be hiding a rear wing.

ohno likes this.