What detail products do you use? Here is my list | FerrariChat

What detail products do you use? Here is my list

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by DiamondDog, Sep 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Washing - Carpro Reset. Just it's expensive so I also use Jaxwax Graphene Soap.

Rubber, vinyl, tires, leather. Did you know all those leather products are useless for mondern leather? There is a plastic coating that leather products don't penetrate. Can't find anything better than Carpro Perl. Dilute it to different Ratios for dash, tires, leather

Exterior Coating - Jaxwax Graphine 9H coating maintained with Jaxwax detailing spray.

For spot detailing I also use Wolfgang Uber Wash diluted. It's very good product and economical when diluted

Wheels wheel woolies (get the real ones). Never really use wheel cleaner as I wash weeks whenver I wash car and ceramic brakes don't leave dust

I use and AR electric pressure washer to wash and a leaf blower to dry to avoid contact as much as possible.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Just to clarify, the detail spray I use for exterior is Jaxwax Graphene detail spray. I apply every couple more months. Takes about 15 minutes. Can be used as a stand-alone product as well

I use Jaxwax Ultimate wheel cleaner on my other cars. The Ferrari has such wide wheel openings, it's a breeze to use soap and water and a wheel woolies and a wash mit. But for other cars I use it. It changes color with the metal particles embedded in your wheels and it's the only color changing wheel cleaner that smells ok

3. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    Paint and Body: Zaino Products
    Wheels: Sonax
    Glass: Sprayway

I give my car a quick detail every time I take it out. Roughly spend 45 mins to an hour
    I don’t really think you need expensive products to make your car look great.

4. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Zaino is a good product. Big in the 90's. People would take sides on Zaino vs Zymol vs Finish First vs Klasse in the 90's over these products and get super passionate about it. I was a Finish First Guy personally and before that, Zymol carnubas.

Zaino is a synthetic polymer. Might want tomtry Jescsr Powerlock. More modern version of Zaino that everyone pretty much raves about. About the same price

Sonax is pretty expensive. But good. Try the Jaxwax Ultimate Wheel cleaner. Removes embedded iron and smells better than the competitors that do the same

5. aseweepay

aseweepay Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2004
    Mid-West
    For years I used Griots products….but more recently I’ve been using a variety of products from AMMO NYC and am really impressed. For the motorcycles I use both the AMMO products and I also really like the cleaner from Klock Werks. https://getklocked.com/shine-werks

Falcon7x likes this.
  6. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Add Carpro Reload to your regimen.
    I also just used Carpro Clearcut which was amazing.

7. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I used Reload for many years. I found it didn't last that long. I love Carpro products BTW. I moved over to Jaxwax Graphene Detail Spray. It label is a misleading as it more of a recharging coating and can also be used as a stand alone. Lasts and very good hydrophobic properties

https://www.jaxwax.com/collections/graphene/products/graphene-detailer

8. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    360Tom and buenavides1 like this.
  9. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Depends which car I’m detailing. I use pinnacle sovereign carnauba on my TdF 458 as it gives a deep gloss but Jescar Powerlock on the other cars for longer protection with a good shine.

Use Carpro Reload as a detail spray.

I use Zaino leather care as it seems to work on the leather and smells like leather.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

moysiuan and stoked_7 like this.
  10. Zamboniman308

Zamboniman308 Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2020
    Chicago IL
    Griot's Speed Shine was a life changing product when I discovered it. Prior I was always a traditional wet wash guy. I'm all in if there is a better one to try.

360Tom and ag512bbi like this.
  11. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
  12. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I love All Gliptone Products.

c8spidey likes this.
  13. GasAdams

GasAdams Rookie

Jun 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Gas Adams
    I like all of Adam's products: adamspolishes.com

It's professional stuff and rebranded by many other companies. I'm lucky living in Denver, because they are nearby! Great stuff.

slm likes this.
  14. Level7

Level7 Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Based on some of the recommendations, I purchased Carpro Reset - 500ml Intensive Car Shampoo from Amazon for approx $19.00. I am no expert when it comes to car detailing, but after experimenting on my wife's 13 year old Mercedes, she immediately noticed a difference. And, she rarely notices when I clean her car! I am attaching a photo. My guess is that the 500ml will last a very long time as you only use two cap fulls per 5 gallons, so the cost per wash is negligible. I am not sure how long the finish will hold, but so far so good. I am happy with the product. BTW - this car is not ceramic coated. I have been using a very basic carnauba wax - twice a year.

PS My wife also feels vindicated in her purchase and justification of expensive hair shampoos/conditioners - says the same logic applies - invest in good hair and car care products!;)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    This is probably the best shampoo out there and you wont be disappointed. Its just really expensive. Then again. any shampoo is cheap compared to paint correction at a detailer!

I use Jaxwax Foaming graphene shampoo. I think you will really like it. Its very economical if you buy in the 1 gallon size. I use 3 oz in a foam cannon and 3 oz in a bucket for contact washing.

If you want a better smelling shampoo, get their ceramic shampoo. Both leave a little ceramic coating on your car. Graphene is the new technology, but not sure if I notice the difference between the two and I have used both.

Level7 likes this.
  16. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    This is excellent information. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Ultima RS

Ultima RS Karting

Apr 4, 2022
  18. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Lately I’ve been using chemical guys soaps. They sell them by the gallon and they have excellent foaming characteristics. Very well priced. Most of the products now seem to be very good. I’ve tried everything listed here except jaxwax brand. Haven’t heard of it before. Some manufacturers make waxes that better suite particular colors as I have found