New F430 Owner - TPMS Sensor reset | FerrariChat

New F430 Owner - TPMS Sensor reset

Discussion in '360/430' started by kshih425, Sep 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kshih425

kshih425 Rookie

Sep 20, 2021
    Hi Ferrari Family,

I just recently picked up a 2007 F430. The TPMS light came on and I was wondering if anyone knows how to reset the TPMS?

Thanks,

2. Snapshift

Snapshift Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2020
    Centralia IL
    Full Name:
    Lyle D. Pahnke
    Check pressures on all tires and fill according to specs. There is a button under dash button panel on left to press for 4- 10 sec and CAL will show up on annunciator panel. Drive 20 min or so to recalibrate the TPMS sensors if they do not register correct pressures on the panel even though you have ascertained them to be at the correct pressures. I believed it is also mentioned in the OM publication.

chenglo1 likes this.
  3. kshih425

kshih425 Rookie

Sep 20, 2021
    i don't think my model has the TPMS button under the dash panel.

4. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    My TPMS light came on and one of my tires was actually low. My handheld gauge was off by 2 lbs. You might want to check that first.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

chenglo1 likes this.
  5. Motob

Motob Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 11, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian Brown
    The 2007 F430 has two different generations of TPMS systems. The early cars have a calibration button, the later cars have no calibration button.
    If your F430 has no TPMS calibration button, then it is a late version. To calibrate the system, set the tire pressures to the specifications on the sticker on the passenger side door jam. Note that the pressures on the sticker will be for the tires that were on the car when it was originally manufactured. They may not be correct for the tires that are now on the car.

The tire pressures are different for each type of tire that were originally installed on the car (see your owners manual) Pirellis 32 front/32 rear,
    Bridgstones 34 front/37 rear, Michelins 32 front/35 rear, Goodyear runflats 37 front/37 rear.
    The TPMS ECU will have been configured for whichever tires the car was made with, unless someone with a Ferrari diagnostic computer has reconfigured it for different tires.

Set the tire pressures to the specifications on the sticker and then test drive the car for 20 miles, the TPMS should automatically calibrate. If it doesn't, then you need to connect a Ferrari diagnostic computer to the car and check the parameters of the system, as it is possible that the batteries in the TPMS sensors are dead. The originals were only good for about 5 years. The newer TPMS sensors have a longer battery life of 8+ years. If the sensors have good output, then further diagnosis of the system is needed.

Brian Brown
    San Francisco Motorsports

6. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks
    Is it possible to add them to an 08 model if it didnt come with them?