Did you drive your Boxer today? | FerrariChat

Did you drive your Boxer today?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by pshoejberg, Jun 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    I am not sure if we have such a thread in the Boxer section but anyhow here you go. After many months of government applied isolation and lock-down, we are finally able to meet again in our wonderful cars. I met up with 21 F-cars in the city center of the small Danish town Assens. Mostly 308's, 328's and Dino's, a queen Mary and a 212 (Replica) and a few more modern ones. I proudly represented the Boxer marque by showing my resentfully restored 512 BBi. I'm surprised how much positive attention the Boxer gets from the audience and based on the many comments I received I'm pretty sure that our flat v-twelve cars are rising fast in popularity and cool factor. The day was rounded of by a trip to the Strøjer car collection. One of finest private collections of super and special cars and a comprehensive collection of Ferrari's. The founder himself, Jørgen Strøjer, showed us around. Drove nearly 400 Km throughout the day in very hot weather and the car performed wonderful.

Best, regards Peter

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what about the AC?

3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

I get the same reaction, primarily I believe, because there are so few of them that many are seeing for the first time.

4. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

And yes, I did drive mine today.

pshoejberg likes this.
  5. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    #5 pshoejberg, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    Absolutely correct. Most of those I spoke to didn't know the model nor the family relation to the modern Testarossa. A Boxer is a very rare sight on the roads in the Nordic countries and alone in Denmark they can counted on one hand. By the way Strøjer had a nice cabureted Boxer in his collection that he had just acquired.

Best, Peter

6. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Excellent performance from the air-con system thankfully. Ran it during the entire trip and wouldn't have enjoyed it without. The car gets so hot from the massive engine in the back.

Best, Peter

turbo-joe likes this.
  7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you have in 134A?

8. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Don’t own a boxer, but I took my my 512tr on a 400 km drive here in the Arizona desert 108 degree C. With a group of Lamborghini owners. It was its first real test in that kind of heat. Car ran great and ac was fine when on recirculation! R12

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Yes, the system is converted to 134A with new hoses, expansion valve, dryer, sensors etc. Not super cool but makes a big difference. I actually prefer to drive my 308GTS with open roof when it is very hot but my son insisted in taking the Boxer.

Would have loved to continue with R12 but it is completely impossible to get hands on in my region and has been illegal for years. R134A will always be a compromise in these old inefficient cooling systems. Any Testarossa model are also a part of the Boxer family in my world...regardless non of our cars are Boxers in the real terminology...-:)

Best, Peter

EZORED likes this.
  10. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    ChipG, Skippr1999, turbo-joe and 2 others like this.
  11. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
  12. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Indeed it's a thirsty car!

Best, Peter

2dinos and turbo-joe like this.
  13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    Y E S ! ! !
    when I go "slow" it needs minimum 22 ltr for 100 km ( around 10 mpg ) and when I go "fast" it needs up to 65 ltr/100 km ( 4 mpg ), but it makes sooooo much fun :)

2dinos and pshoejberg like this.
  14. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Its getting nippy and cold in the Ne perfect boxer weather. Drove mine yesterday for 2 or so hours.
    Bought a barrel of 100 octane race fuel for fall weather fun, the car really likes real fuel t better. .
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. DetroitDetomaso

DetroitDetomaso Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2006
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Chris
  16. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    looks like a fun gathering. Peter - your car is beautiful!! Prugna metallic is so elegant on that shape.

pshoejberg likes this.
  17. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    What a wonderful car. Great looking in white. Someone should push those rear mirrors against Newton though.

Best, Peter