Miele 6350 vs Breville Oracle Coffee Maker | FerrariChat

Miele 6350 vs Breville Oracle Coffee Maker

Discussion in 'Technology' started by E60 M5, Sep 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I purchased the top of the line Breville Oracle coffee maker for the wife, I dont drink coffee.
    With some fine tuning it works well for her and she loves the stainless steel industrial look.
    The rub as I see and my daughter, you have to do all the work for the cup of coffee.

The Miele is "all in one" does the grinding, tamping, pouring, milk steaming all for you, no moving around, blah blah blah. Wife hates the plastic look, looks sleek and efficient to me.

My question, Anyone have the Miele?? Comments?? Reliable product??

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I was under the impression that the oracle does everything but moving the portafilter to the head unit

I thought that was what made it make a better cup of coffee

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have a Miele.
    Works great for us, but that depends on your expectations. Before the Miele, I had various high end espresso machines - ECM, Rocket, Ranchillio. I found that, for espresso, you can tune the miele to fine grind, medium temperature and medium time and get a decent if not good espresso.
    For my wife, who likes one touch cappuccinos, it's great.
    The biggest downside is it's Espresso drinks only. That means no coffee, just americanos. I personally don't like an americano, but do like coffee so have to have another soluton for that.

NYC Fred and E60 M5 like this.
  4. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    I went through this "search" a couple of years ago. I wanted a good espresso or cup of coffee or Latte etc. but was not interested in being involved in the process. Decided on a Jura (Swiss made) S8 (they have many models) and have been very satisfied. Cleaning and routine upkeep is semi-automatic and not a big deal.

E60 M5 likes this.
  5. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

With the 6350 Miele model you can brew just coffee now and you can purchase the coffee pot accessory, it holds 10 cups.

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
  7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    The thing I don't like about all the fully automatic machines is that you can't regulate the milk temperature with any of them except the Breville. That was the decider for me over the others.

It just happens to make a great cup of coffee too.

I've owned many other brands over the years. For my taste, the Breville is the best yet. As ridiculous as that sounds, considering the origins of other brands.

Signature www.pless.com.au/mechanics.htm