Scud price increases over the past 3-6 months | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Scud price increases over the past 3-6 months

Discussion in '360/430' started by Pirate75, Jul 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. market-reasearch

Silver Subscribed

Jul 21, 2021
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    D. Gabathuler
    The great spec and low mileage scuds will go beyond 250K in less than 3 years, once people are bored with all the fast but soft new stuff. If the speciale is above 250K with much higher numbers, why shouldn’t the greatest car not go there.

Sergio Tavares and BlackSwan like this.
  2. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    250 is easy for this car in 3 years. It was there twice already.

The real challenge is 300. Inflation may help in 3 years.

3. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    Were talking 1600 Scuds were made in 08 09 world wide, supply and demand is coming look out for the Scuds. to be crazy high

tonyswfla likes this.
  4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    If they made 1600 they wld have advertised it. They made around 1000 16ms.

5. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    this is a old thread i started many years ago , only 1600 were build , and only 499 M16 were made and 120 M16 only in US , mostly Scuds. 75 percentage were raced.

galt and tonyswfla like this.
  6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    You can go ahead and believe that if you like. Whatever makes you happy.

f355spider likes this.
  7. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    When I had mine we were talking circa 2,500 WW on this site for the coupe. It was a debatable issue as no one could really validated the numbers. Good ones that have not been beaten to death are hard to find.

8. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Curious why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    He's very negative on Scud/16M valuations and takes every chance to post outlier examples e.g. black/silver, high mileage, 08, accident history etc and portray them as exemplary of the market. Reality is good red examples of Scuds/16M have remained in the same relative price band for the past decade ie negligibly moved in either direction.

galt and tonyswfla like this.
  10. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    If i want hard core i want the coupe, which i had.

11. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I have heard rumours but nobody has offered proof that that many 16ms were built. Do you have access to proof?

The amount of 16ms on the market globally sure seems to support quite a low count--something closer to about 500. Now and over the years.

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i was heavily involved as a big client in those days, had a laF allocation.
    Also, look at the market - why do you supposed the 16m traded like absolute dog ****?

13. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Easy--Because all cars traded like an absolute dog.
    The CGT traded like a dog. The SLR traded like a dog. The F40 traded like a dog in 2009. The 599GTO traded like a dog. The Challenge Stradale traded like a dog. It was 2009 fresh off the financial crisis--almost everything traded like a dog.

Just because of that I don't think I could argue that Porsche did not lie about how many CGTs were made for example.

Also, forgive me, but I find it hard to swallow that with a la ferrari allocation they would then admit to a great client they are lying about the volume and therefore not credible.

To my credit--have spoken to quite a few collectors and even one guy in particular who works for Ferrari (the manufacture) . He will not offer evidence of course, but he does not question the 500 ish number.

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    not then, now. they trade like crap now more so than 2009.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    cool breh, 16ms are worth $400k all day.

16. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #116 galt, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Not the point, unresponsive and frankly uncalled for.

You made a statement about production numbers that is different from what I found. That is what I am asking you about. I made zero statement on the value of 16Ms incidentally. I researched production numbers in the past and did not find what you claim and would like to know the truth if someone else has the data. Perhaps you have some real evidence I couldn't find? That is why I asked. Why change the subject?

You gave me your "evidence" which consisted of you saying they traded like dogs and you were a "big client and allocated a la ferrari" so you know.

I answered your argument with some facts on other cars that traded like a dog and why I find it hard to believe that Ferrari would ruin their credibility to someone they allocated a la ferrari to.

BTW, here is another car in addition to those I mentioned above that traded like a dog...Maybe you would have told the buyer, "breh 150 GTOs are worth 9k all day" ;-)

Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    that cld be the dumbest post on the history of fchat

18. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #118 galt, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    Another substantive and responsive post. Being unresponsive, changing the subject and insulting people usually is not accretive to credibility of your claim. If you have an argument or evidence make it...otherwise is it really worth it?

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok John

20. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    galt and ttforcefed like this.
  21. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Optimistic/scuderia09 < - - - - - - - reality here - - - - - - - > ttforcefed/Pessimistic

The reality the rest of us live in is somewhere in the middle. Compensate accordingly.

DeTomasoGTS74 and Il Tifoso like this.
  22. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Somehow I think I got dragged into some price fight that was going on earlier--I just wanted to clarify the number of cars. A shame things can't be discussed without being insulting or emotional. Really serves as a disincentive from engaging which is unfortunate for the community IMHO.

On another note, if anyone has any information on where the Rosso Fiorano car at Curated in Miami sold--would love to know? Please feel free to PM me if you prefer not writing it here.

redcaruser, Sky Hye and FORZA 62 like this.
  23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    price is a function of supply. they made way more laferraris and Enzos then they claimed and ferrari has not been shy about how many scuds, 16ms, speciales they made. the market is the market.

24. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    I can only see prices continue to go up for all CS/Scuds, as relative production numbers of "limited-but-not-really-limited" models continue to be the norm and balloon exponentially with each passing generation...

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I hope so - i am long a scud