330 GTC - Seatback rubber stops and other small, but important details… | Page 2 | FerrariChat

330 GTC - Seatback rubber stops and other small, but important details…

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by christc, Sep 17, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    yes, i suspect you may be right, but need more orig examples. I communicated with clete on this
    and he would also like to see some originals as well to make a declaration as what is believed correct.

For now the guide will stand - and ill look at the ones i ordered from Mr Fiat. Im currently finishing up a clients GTC interior
    - i have both types available to use.

2. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't know which is right, but my car, assumed mostly original interior as I've spoken to previous ownership back to 1980 (and no one has touched the interior), has also had some other differences from Clete's guide. Mine is 20th built and the rear view mirror mount, hood latch, and a couple other details have definitely been different on early cars like mine, and Clete has documented them as such in his manual. So...I dunno. But looking at the condition of my bumpers and the patina on the rivets and seats themselves, I'm guessing I got the Alpha-like ones originally. No idea how to know for sure, but I'm not ready to assume what is being documented for later cars is consistent across a 3 year model run. I ordered new Alpha ones and will swap them in as mine are shot. I'll baggie up the broken bits for the forensics folks. :)

3. paul33

paul33 Karting

Feb 28, 2021
    FRANCE, Aquitaine
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    Jim,
    Just having perfectly be mounted these stops, may I give you return of experience. The pop rivets should be 3mm diameter which fits exactly with the holes on both rubber parts and metal frame. Take care of using 12mm length pop rivets (usual ones are 8mm) because the frame is made of a double layer of metal, and slightly “knocked” (sorry for my English) so that this length is needed for a secure grip.
    Best,

jcavalie likes this.
  4. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thank you! I’ll chase down that size rivet. Thanks for the tip!

5. paul33

paul33 Karting

Feb 28, 2021
    FRANCE, Aquitaine
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    Hello,
    I take the opportunity of this thread to follow up the offer of Jim (Jcavalie) of having small items reproduced by his son on a 3D printer.
    I just received a knob for the front LH fender connector which is of excellent quality. It is a pleasure to tell you that his son is young, smart, and great in doing these kind of items. Do not hesitate in case!

jcavalie likes this.
  6. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    photo please

7. paul33

paul33 Karting

Feb 28, 2021
    FRANCE, Aquitaine
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
  8. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Thanks Jean-Paul! I will share this news with Sean!

9. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    what is that knob for?

10. paul33

paul33 Karting

Feb 28, 2021
    FRANCE, Aquitaine
    Full Name:
    Jean-Paul
    envoi,
    written on the msg above pic: for the cover of the electrical connector fixed up in Engine bay on LH fender.
    Jean-Paul

11. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    ah yes, for the alternator connector......thank u

12. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Where did we end up with this thread? Is someone able to 3D print these rest stops now? If so, how do I order them for my GTC seats (mine have finally decided to split and fall off, of course). And if not, could we get the URL for the Alfa site in the UK as I was unable to find the part number listed on an Alfa site (I probably didn’t use the correct search terms, so I will keep trying).

Thanks!

13. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #38 fasthound, Apr 5, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  14. jcavalie

jcavalie Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yep - I ordered them there. Others I think ordered them from mrfiat.com. I installed mine a few weeks ago. Easy - I used a pin vise with a drill bit to drill off the tops of the old rivets and pushed them through, wiped it all off and riveted in the new ones. Perfect fit.

15. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Excellent! Thanks!

16. paul33

paul33 Karting

Feb 28, 2021
    FRANCE, Aquitaine