Torx bolts removal | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Torx bolts removal

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by LmnsBlu355, Apr 2, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarni

Ferrarni Rookie

Nov 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Arnie
    Billbob, As I push back, I also wanted to mention that I can see from reading several of your posts that you are knowledgeable on Ferrari's and I did note 2x F1 Champion 20 year etc... Maybe this is how you guys treat Rookies/freshman.Only time will tell.

Is there anyone that you (or anyone else) would suggest that is above the rest rebuilding the guts of the pumpkin? Grinding, resurfacing, balancing etc?
    PP AND FW both look pretty good, no grooves or bad hot spots, however they are not flat. Assuming heat caused that... TIA

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    When I was a novice at 355 flywheel, I thought those were TORX until I stripped one of them. Then I had to grind a Torx bit to fit it to get it out. I then went down to the tool store and bought a set of Ribe bits, I was not rated for impact use so after a couple clutch jobs, it broke. I got a replacement. I have never seen that type of fasteners used anywhere else so that whole kit is sitting unused. I probably should just buy the Snap on one and toss the rest in a bucket of spare tools to save space.

Arnie, while you are wholly correct. Ease up a bit on the holier than thou comments. Nobody really likes that, newbie or not.

Ferrarni likes this.
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I do trade and invest and race cars and fixed Ferraris for 40 years. It is correct to use the right wrench. But not doing so isn't fatal. My point is only to put your statement in context.

Once I wanted to learn how to fix ferraris. Famous headmechanic asks how I would get this bearing off a distributor shaft. I tell him with judicious use of a hammer. He says you are hired.

4. Ferrarni

Ferrarni Rookie

Nov 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Arnie
    Thanks Mitchell, I will. I'm embarrassed to be perceived that way and I appreciate you calling me out. I've spent the past 30+ years in a job that doesn't allow for any variants. My intention was to be helpful and fact based and I ended up being ****** in my defensive sarcastic response.

430tdf likes this.
  5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    13 posts. Hope that is a lucky number for you.

6. Ferrarni

Ferrarni Rookie

Nov 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    Arnie
    :) It is, my wife (that loves cars) and I were married 25 years ago on the 13th.

f355spider likes this.
  7. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Don't worry about it. We are all just car guys.

430tdf likes this.
  8. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I tried to swap mafs and it looks like torx but isnt
    Any idea what tool it is? Thanks
    F430

9. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ