Going over to the dark side. | FerrariChat

Going over to the dark side.

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by James Flynn, Sep 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. James Flynn

James Flynn Rookie

Sep 14, 2020
    Auckland , New Zealand
    Full Name:
    James Flynn
    Hi floks, looking for feedback.
    Ive got a diverse collection including a 2003 RHD 575m Manual, a 2008 700 miles only on the clock as new 599GTB and an F12 to complete the front engine V12 triumvirate.
    I have been approached regarding a trade on my F12 for a 2014 Lamborghine Aventador LP720-4 50th Anniversary edition.
    Having never owned a Lambo it piqued my interest and my son is adamant i should do the trade, does anyone have experience of the Avaentador and poosibly the F12 and i suupose would i regret doing the trade.

Appreciate your thoughts.

2. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    An Abentador for an F12 is a good trade. The Aventador will always hold its value so if you have buyers remorse you can always sell/trade for what you originally paid. A very safe trade here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Some would say you are just now seeing the light.....my kind of people.

I would trade the 599, throw in cash and keep the F12.

Boomhauer and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  4. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks for the post. I was just about to ask the same questions. I'm interested on the responses.

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The lambo is a massive peice of crap. It was old when new and there is zero excuse for it.

Perhaps one of the best looking lambos since the Countach..but at the same time a complete peice of garbage to drive. Everybody else enjoys looking at it..but the driver suffers the consequences. It such an over price crap box. Do as you will.

BJK likes this.
  6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL :)

BTW, the Diablo is better looking than a Countach.

7. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Can you tell us what you don’t like about the Lambo.

Not disagreeing but just want to understand since I’ve never driven one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Stop beating around the bush. Tell us what you really think of the Aventador. :p :D

AshAP likes this.
  9. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    I can say that we owned a number of Ferraris. But my wife's favorite car to date was the Murcielago that we owned for 15 years and 15,000 miles. I only occasionally was allowed to drive it. She has regretted selling it ever since. She tried to get me into an Aventador but I went for an 812SF instead (after parting from the Enzo of 15 years).

When Lamborghini opened up in Sarasota Valentino was there. He was standing in front of a sole narrow parking spot in front of the dealership. Linda pulled up and in one swoop backed into the spot. Vanlentino and Linda became best friends. He came over to our house for a glass of wine the next day:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

It is not easy to drive but it was still her favorite car.

Ali

JDZNate, 020147, Boots and 4 others like this.
  10. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Wow now that’s an opinion. Some might say the same of your favorite brand. There’s a lot to critique of yours but no need. But alas. The Aventador is a great package. It is a unique experience and not refined. I think for the person looking for a more raw drive and look it is a great choice. Wow just wow again.

11. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    Maybe better for the OP to listen to ownership experiences for other than recommendations from afar. I’ve never understood asking for advice from people not intimately experienced with the option.