Speccing 812C at Factory | FerrariChat

Speccing 812C at Factory

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Maximus1977, Sep 21, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Gents,

Going to the factory on Thursday to spec my 812C.
    Anyone already done so?
    I have seen the Bianco 812C live at Spa, so I know a bit what to expect, but will be interesting to see/hear what the majoriy has chosen fo a spec.
    Whatever spec I fiddle with, I keep on liking the launch spec the most; yet I fear that's going to be by far the most seen version on the street/collection.

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It appears the launch spec took its inspiration from the owner's manual color scheme...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

So many other possibilities, have the tailor made group show you something rare but spectacular ....

Adamas and RossoF8 like this.
  3. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Yep, already my plan…. But was hoping anyone already had the pleasure to do so with the 812C.

4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Well, it likely won't be seen on the street!

Solid State and SAFE4NOW like this.
  5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Sure it will, Ferrari driving events, concours, etc, look at the Monza's now all are hidden away, but, of course, there will not be that many of them (812c) in any one country, so the likelihood of seeing one in the wild is pretty much zero, doesn't mean they aren't being used though...

6. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    That was my point. In the wild…will likely never see one outside of Beverly Hills or London.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Ok, but, isn't that the same with so many cars already? Just because they are not frequently driven in the public space doesn't make the chance to pick the colors/interior/options any less exciting ;)

I know of someone who recently purchased a Lamborghini Diablo and until then, he had never seen one in public, ever, and that car has been around for about 30 years...same with the Countach, etc, of course, same with an F40, F50, Enzo, LaF...

of2worlds and ryalex like this.
  8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I think one should spec it the way they want it. It’s a privilege to get to do that. Regardless of launch spec or something unique, it’s your car and should be what YOU want. I mean, if I run in to someone with the same spec, then they obviously have fine taste. Look forward to seeing what you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Add Seattle to the list. I know there will be collectors here driving their 812C’s.

ryalex, JagShergill and 456-boy like this.
  10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Plenty of people will get to see ours I hope! We’ll roadtrip it across Europe at least once, maybe twice. And if I really like it, I’ll rinse and repeat :) .

I figure you either have two choices, keep delivery mileage for maximum value or drive it, at which point 2k, 4k or 6k miles is not that significant in value terms, but very significant in enjoyment terms.

11. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    If Ferrari would sell me one, you would definitely see it driven. I have 48k on my 430 spider 6-speed and 49k on my FF.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

12. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I hope so.

13. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I did a TM Pista, good luck sleeping the nite before :) It was an intense and magical experience.. TM team will impress you!

14. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

Are you going in to Atelier or Taylor Made department?

While I cannot speak to the 812C , I can speak to the individual departments and say that whichever you are working with will make it easy to create your dream Ferrari.

If you are wanting to create something special that will forever be known as YOUR 812C, then you should ask to see samples of their more unique colors
    ( They have thousands to chose from ) or, maybe tell them you like the launch car, but add some details that set yours apart. ( add a different color stitching or dream line )

There will be a lot of opinions, can't wait to hear/see what YOU chose!

Divertiti !

Steve

15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Amen!!

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Maximus1977 what did you decide for your 812C build specification at the factory?

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  17. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    So, just came back from the factory speccing my 812C.
    Unfortunately I can’t share any pics yet as I have to wait about a week from some renders.
    Although what I can share is that I went with Rosso Magma exterior and the vertical livery in a slightly darker grey.
    Inside and outside all carbon everything and full alcantara with a few red accents.
    They team now also had various other liveries available to see. The configurator wasn’t fully upgraded but I was shown ideas on an Ipad.

They had the Giallo Aperta there as well without the livery and to be honest, that did not look good. It was only a model the team said, so bits and pieces were falling off. Not trying to be jealous as I’m not getting the Aperta, but the coupe is so much nicer looking.
    The team also informed me that hardly anyone is going for the launch spec, although that Grigio GTS truly is a wonderful colour….
    “ Customers have been very creative” is what was told.
    So far no one went with Rosso Magma; which I hope no one does….

All in all, it was a truly wonderful experience (yet again) that helped me nail in my spec as I was indecisive. So nice to see and feel all options available and walk the V12 production line and seeing various choices and options.
    They were actually finishing a show/press car in the GTO blue and yellow colour scheme.
    Very happy I had to chance to go there yet again as, in all fairness, speccing a unique car like a Ferrari should be done in the factory with the heritage of the brand dripping from the walls. The obvious lunch at Montana was included and dinner at Opera02 (tip!)

Some other details that were shared; the P330 prototype is constantly driving around and they aren’t hiding it at all. It was a modified LaF body.

SF90 specs are predominantly Grey with the Aperta being Blue TDF (second most used choice for the coupe).

18. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Thanks for that post - exciting and done interesting observations … most importantly , Congrats !!! Magma is such an awesome colour ….

bwshihtzu and Maximus1973 like this.
  19. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I tend to agree on Magma :)))

of2worlds, bwshihtzu, ryalex and 3 others like this.
  20. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    That’s such an awesome colour on your GTS- that’s what’s brought Magma to my attention - your specc !

bwshihtzu likes this.
  21. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! What a wonderful experience and also beautiful spec!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JagShergill likes this.
  22. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    I’m assuming that all specs will be in by Xmas …? I guess ….. 999 +599 cars…
    I’m lucky that I’ll be Tailor-making mine and have every intention to resist the urge to splurge …. However , resistance is Futile / I’m weak ….. looking forward to it though

bwshihtzu, of2worlds, 456-boy and 2 others like this.
  23. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Hmmm, not sure. That was not mentioned to me.
    Good luck indeed with resisting temptation; it’s probably futile.
    To me the 812C creams bold metallic colors.

JagShergill likes this.
  24. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Congrats!

I was considering Magma for my Comp Aperta as I was "sold" to this color since we used it on our 488 GTE WEC Cars in 2018/19. beautiful color! I have Rosso Monza with Cuoio on my 812 SF.

But I might considering to get my "own" color with TM Department. Lets see, still waiting for my slot. As Apertas will be produced after the Coupes there is still some wait to go.

25. Enzo Belair

Enzo Belair Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I am specing my 812C at the Taylor Made Center in Manhattan a week from tomorrow. Once you get to the factory the amount of options and customization you can do is amazing. I have posted the video below a bunch, there are so many colors you can chose from including doing a complete custom color. Go crazy, make something unique, do not do the launch coloration, you will be disappointed IMHO. :oops:

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/473922262