430 tail lights loose and mirrors loose…tires for 430 | FerrariChat

430 tail lights loose and mirrors loose…tires for 430

Discussion in '360/430' started by simchanova, Sep 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Hello all…I believe my rear tail light mints are broken as all my rear tail lights are loose…some have said heat gun -is there a video showing this and fixing my loose rear view mirrors on both sides?…plus,what are all using fir tires these days on their 430’s?,thanks!

2. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hi Stuart,

For your tail lights, it is a common issue. F-Chat member @Sky Hye has offered a kit in the past to repair these which works very well! You may want to reach out to him.

The loose side mirrors can just be disassembled by popping off the cover on the interior (triangular plastic) and then using some blue loc-tite when cinching everything back together.

This thread has a diagram:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/rattling-drivers-exterior-mirror-s.278006/#post-139443823

For tires, the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S is very popular - but tire needs can vary based on your location and driving style of course.

Hope this helps
    Aaron

Tony91505 likes this.
  3. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Thanks for the plug! Common issue on EVERY F430 and 430 scud. I have a few kits ready to ship

ditpixs likes this.
  4. Tony91505

Tony91505 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2005
    So cal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Happy to see the helpful, concise response. Expected the -Learn how to search-mantra followed by people commenting on grammar and spelling.

cheers

Ray Smith, ditpixs and Sky Hye like this.
  5. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    The grumpy f chat trolls will always refer to “google is your friend” or passive aggressive comments. I don’t see the point in keeping knowledge to myself or not helping others

Ray Smith, Extreme1 and ditpixs like this.
  6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Stuart ticked all the (nice) boxes:

[x] Said hello and provided a name by which we could address him (and treat him as human)
    [x] Provided vehicle details
    [x] Said "thanks" (in advance)

Well, grammar does help. Some folks write in all caps and don't use even basic grammar, making the message unintelligible or at least hard to read.

ditpixs and Sky Hye like this.
  7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    The tail light have 3 fitment points, 2 at the top and one at the bottom. If it is only the bottom single stud that has gone then i have a simple fix. If the others have gone you need the repair kit mentioned here.
    Pic is the fix by drilling the broken post and fitting a stud bar.
    Mine have been going 5 years since this fix- once the bottom one gets loose the other 2 start to fail so if the bottom one is solid you get no problem with the others
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. simchanova

simchanova Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 3, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    …very helpful information ALL!…I will take it apart soon and inspect definitively…I will keep all informed…thanks again ,stuart

9. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Tyre wise, I have run Pirellis and Michelins, and on a recent group test, Goodyear Eagle F1's came out on top, so I now have them and they are awesome. They look lovely as well if that's your thing!

10. Ray Smith

Ray Smith Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 17, 2020
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Full Name:
    Raymond Smith
    You just earned a customer.

Ray

Sky Hye likes this.