Sold - 1995 F355 GTB - Gated of Course $95,000 FIRM | FerrariChat

Sold 1995 F355 GTB - Gated of Course $95,000 FIRM

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by carnutdallas, Sep 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    1995 F355 GTB 6 Speed Manual, Nero and Tan. 67,000mi - $95,000 Firm

Howdy Ladies and Gents, an opportunity has afforded itself to me and in good conscience, I should sell my 355. I am not under duress, but it is prudent. I am a longtime and experienced 355 owner. I am not at stooge level, but can hold my own and know these cars. I have my philosophy and beliefs. We can agree to disagree, but the way I enjoy and care for my cars, is to be driven, not babied and not museum quality. I have owned a sub 10K mile car and several 30K mile F355' - Gated and F1. I decided to buy a car that could be enjoyed and driven with total disregard to values or pristine perfection. I wanted a 1995 with no key fob, I wanted OBD1 and dual MAFs. I wanted all head work done and documented. I wanted exhaust updates, recent clutch and the ability to turn the exhaust "on and off." I wanted a well documented history and records. I wanted the perfect daily driver, rock chips and buttress cracks be damned! That is this car. Triple digit worthy comfortable cruising speeds. HRE MonoBlock wheels (Originals included), Worn drivers seat bolster, cracked front bumper, signs of paintwork to buttress area in the past - enjoyed by many, clean CarFax, but not for sale to someone who wants a museum car. This is not for you. What this car does is; beg to be enjoyed at speed. Driven in any conditions, soaking up the miles and providing dead nuts reliability. Extensive, extensive records. Verifying all past service, updates and repairs. I would drive the car anywhere right now at speed and any distance. Dry undercarriage. Cold AC. No vibrations, noises or scarry gauges or warning lights. Stickies done - some to a high level by quality vendors, some lessor vendors to other parts. I have a spare set of "new in box" Ferrari brakes pads and rotors, spare dash, interior trim, valuable factory floor mats, etc. I will add pictures as I can. Here is what I have for now. I am a licensed TX car dealer and title is open and I drive on my dealer plate - hell sometimes I don't even put a plate on it - I forget! Call to discuss. Will gladly do a walk around. You can call James at Norwoods if you want an opinion on the car. No ppi''s, not jumping through hoops. But not ruining my reputation to sell someone a bag of goods on a car either. I don't do PPI's when I buy a car. In Texas my word and handshake are good enough. If you cannot operate that way, then don't contact me - THIS IS NOT THE CAR FOR YOU.

This will probably be one of the last sub $100K GTB's to hit the market and not need anything unless you like spending money. Due for an engine out by time for those who believe that - 5years. I am on a 7-10 year plan depending on what Norwoods tells me when they see it annually, but I am never a 3 years or 5 years guy, screw that! Norwoods serviced it in April I believe, maybe May (?) will check records. Will provide records to serious buyer. I can help with shipping. I say fly in and drive back! Wire the money like I did and buy it if you want a 355. If it does not sell in a timely fashion, I will fix bumper, address seat bolster, detail to the 9's and ask $120K. Several very knowledgeable and well know 355 Fchatters have given me that range in PM's and I don't doubt it with the spare parts and original wheels. Hell maybe if it does not sell, it was meant to be! Rob aka Carnutdallas two one four-417-141six Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso, Gle8, sp1viper and 4 others like this.
  2. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    Ooof. What a tough ad.

JohnnyTT, Wsmatau, Chrisnlbc and 7 others like this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Pretty agressive ad indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrisnlbc and technom3 like this.
  5. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    some sales skills you have there bud!

patina likes this.
  6. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Not looking for tire kickers, wannabes, have to ask the wife, let me see if I can borrow money, would you take……

Not having it. Car is priced below market and a serious buyer who wants to own a Gated 355 will see the value. Why play games? It is a global market and people hide behind a computer screen. In the old days, you got in your car, you drove your ass off to go see cars from the paper that were misrepresented, rusty or any number of errors. Today is a global market and real buyers and people that see value and opportunity will get it. Not wasting my time with those that don’t. I am a paying Fchat Member in good standing and good communication with my fellow members. I have sold cars to other Fchatters’ without issue. I have bought on here as well.

I told my wife I was not selling my car, she laughed at me. She wins. But 27 years in my building and I can buy it free and clear no banks, I need a little more cushion for that coin with kids in college. If you can’t or don’t get that and the fact it is sorted car, then I can’t help anyone.

This is a for sale thread. Questions about the car only. Take up the value or my attitude towards flakes in the market thread. I am always on there. I put my number in the ad in a way that someone can call me without bots getting it. My phone is almost always on. Cheers to all. -Rob

Sancho22, tres55, AndreB and 5 others like this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Regardless of how tough this posts comes off, everyone in the 355 community knows Rob is a pleasure to deal with and knows what he's talking about when it comes to these cars. Transact with confidence.

WATSON, tres55, Yassa and 4 others like this.
  8. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I will add this; I typed my ad with a smile on my face, love in my heart and sadness for where the Internet car deals have gone. Was not trying to offend but weed out the rift raft. I appreciate Ken for saying a kind word. Thank you.

When you you look at your portfolio, your car stable, your dreams and desires and you make the decision to sell possibly the last 355 you will ever be able to afford to own, then you want it to go to someone who gets it. That will drive the wheels off of it and not care one damn about what it cost to own, cause you bought it a great price from someone who cares about driving them. I just stopped caring about the concourse cars and wanted to focus on the cars I can drive and drive with abandon. And thanks again Ken. He knows more about these cars than I could ever remember! Cheers!

9. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Your ad isn’t “tough” at all. It’s precise and you are exactly the type of person I would buy a car from.

people who know what they want and expect go a long way in life. Kudos for an EXCELLENT ad. Dare I say, it is in fact my favorite I’ve seen here EVER.

It’s worth your ask and godamn do I wish I was in the market. I give this less than a week.

10. Drew_4RE

Drew_4RE Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 19, 2005
    FL
    Full Name:
    Drew
    No, sorry.

“No PPI”
    “I don’t do regular major services, only when my mechanic recommends it.”

Nothing about this ad would make me want to do business with you. Nice to see a couple of people that hopefully know you try and save the deal for you but that’s not what I’m looking for in what is possibly the most troubled of the V8 ferraris. I’d prefer, “it’s a great car that I love very much and am sad to see go. Please call anytime, come see the car, pay for a ppi. If you want service records, please let me know, I’m happy to share.”

Car is possibly great but your attitude definitely isn’t.

JohnnyTT, AndreB, Wsmatau and 3 others like this.
  11. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I get your point, particularly regarding the service, but he’s only had it 7 months and the prior owner had quite a bit of stuff done to it - albeit still over time for another major but the important stuff was kept up with. If you want a “friendlier” description try this:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/1995-355-gtb-black-over-tan.636709/#post-147726188

12. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Commentary closed by request of seller. Please contact them directly (see post#1) with any questions or offers.

All the best,
    Andrew.

carnutdallas likes this.