What's For Dinner? | Page 731 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Thanks, I saw this thread some time ago because my buddy Tom posted on it and then forgot about it.

arizonaitalian likes this.
  2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    No, when I talk about can't compete I'm talking about the chef skills I saw displayed in all the pics. If you notice my meal was as simple as you can get, grill the meat and vegies and boil the corn.

The raspberry bushes produce 2 crops each year, July and September. This July was terrible, I guess it was because we had rain almost every day in July. However, the September crop has been outstanding, I'm having raspberry sundaes every night!

wax, Jdubbya and arizonaitalian like this.
  3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah the Navy gets nervous when folks have phones around their reactors. :)

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I was going to ask him what job do you have that you can't have a camera on your phone. It was either a super secret military installation, or the Ferrari factory. :D

5. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I dunno. I think there's quite a few of us who really appreciate those very k.i.s.s. methods that don't rob time from the blessed hands that prepare such rewarding meals.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Did chicken cordon bleu (from Costco) and rice last night. Tonight making homemade soft beef tacos.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  7. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    BrettC, Nospinzone, JCR and 1 other person like this.
  8. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Looks great!

Frankly I don’t give a **** about the pics myself……….there’s plenty of splatter on my plates.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    NbyNW, nismodrifter and Nospinzone like this.
  10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Jacques Pepin would be a happy camper!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    My wife doesn't eat asparagus, so at a restaurant I get to eat them all!

wax likes this.
  12. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    My dad is driving back from the states. He has my truck. Dropping it off at around 4pm. So I'm going to get an early dinner out of him. Sushi!

13. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Yeah but your food always looks great! I usually end up zooming in on mine to avoid including pics of dirty dishes or a messy stove. ;)

I made stuffed pablanos again last night. Leftovers for dinner tonight...and tomorrow night. :)

14. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    BrettC, NbyNW and arizonaitalian like this.
  15. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    NbyNW and arizonaitalian like this.
  16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ate at Lautrec at Nemacolin tonight and took all videos but it was fantastic. Some courses were absolutely 10s.

17. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Very nice. Do you have a deep fryer or how/where did you fry the ahi tempura?

18. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    So, this was eerie! I got a recipe from NY times presented in my google feed and it literally had the exact ingredients that were in our fridge. Down to the fresh herbs we harvested from the garden before a frost tonight…

So, we made it of course.

It was roasted chicken thighs with herbs, a lot of grated garlic, lemon wedges and red pepper. And it said to serve it with rice and tzatziki. We had leftover basmati rice from Indian food and I just happened to have a cucumber for the sauce. Spooky.

It was very yummy though. So I guess the eavesdropping paid off…

We started with another caprese salad as we are drowning in great tomatoes of late.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

BrettC, wax, NbyNW and 1 other person like this.
  19. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    My dad ended up coming in late. 9pm. I got a calzone and tonight I'm having sushi.

20. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Paul...Looks like you had a good summer in your garden. We totally struck out on our squash (cucuzza), but it's been a banner year for basil and tomatoes, and chili peppers. Seeing raspberries always reminds me of my grandmother. As a kid, I'd spend the entire summer break @ her house in Brooklyn. Her neighbor had a raspberry bush, and she'd send me down in the AM, to stick my small kiddy fingers through the fence to poach some berries from the neighbor's bush! Then, we'd put them on our Rice Krispies. Yummy!

T

BrettC and arizonaitalian like this.
  21. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The squash and the tomatoes were good. The first corn I planted did not come up well, I think it was the seeds. So I bought some more that I planted late. They grew well, but we have a problem with raccoons. The little buggers literally eat the corn on the stalk and just leave the naked cob on the stalk. Well, I guess everybody's gotta eat! :)

I kept it simple this year because we were away a lot. Insects really got at the brussel sprouts, and for some reason my garlic just died, but I got nice scapes before they died.

I've had a garden for 30 years now and it really gives you an appreciation for what real farmers go through. Too much rain, too little rain, too much sun/heat, too little sun/heat, seeds that don't germinate, and insects and other pests are just an annoyance, but for folks who depend on those crops for their livelihood it can be such a catastrophe.

My wife tells me to give it up. For the time and expense I could easily buy everything in the market. When I was working it was a great stress reducer to spend time in the garden. I don't need the therapeutic value any more, but I think I'd be lost if I didn't do it. Most of it is probably psychological, but somehow your own vegetables just taste better.

22. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I don't think it's psychological at all. Most of the stuff in the stores these days is grown to look good and last for shipping but with no consideration to how it tastes. Tomatoes are the prime example and why I started a garden years ago. Now at some stores you can find some heirloom tomatoes that are great but it's rare. I didn't get anything going this year but will next year.

tomc, arizonaitalian and Nospinzone like this.
  23. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    NbyNW likes this.
  24. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    We had a very small garden this year for the first time ever. Only herbs. But the smell and favors were so far above store bought. Was shocking for me.

it’s near impossible to grow anything else here, but we do have several farmers that drive a trailer full of goodies up here each week. Today there were 3 of them in town and we stocked up as it’s their last trip of the year;

Image Unavailable, Please Login

NbyNW and tomc like this.
  25. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Those maters looks crazy good!
    T