Ferrari 328 Windshield replacement | FerrariChat

Ferrari 328 Windshield replacement

Discussion in '308/328' started by kzaam1, Sep 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kzaam1

kzaam1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karim E
    Hi all,

I am looking at replacing the windshield on my 328. My issue is there are a lot of euro options with no tint. I would of course like the tint. Through some research here I notice people have had good success with using the AGM company in Australia. I contacted them and they do not ship outside of Australia or Turkey. I wanted to know if anyone had any experience purchasing with them and if so how they got the windshield here because I was quoted very high rates from brokers (1,500-3,000). Also if anyone has used any local companies in North America to source the product it would also be great help.

Thanks

2. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Try these guys. Ask for Ira. It’s been a few years but they got me a new Sigla tinted windshield for my 85 308. Great experience with them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

waymar likes this.
  3. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Probably one of the most touchy and difficult problem to solve; Mike's ("Mike Tuason") problems come to mind: a real PITA.
    Recently, Tom (Spirot) has had better luck it seems; look at his thread.

Rgds

miketuason likes this.
  4. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I had to have my 328 windscreen replaced in 2019 , I believe GT Car Parts (AZ) supplied me with a perfect piece of glass with the tint, Ferr Parts , also a good source had a few, but they were cracked. I now believe they have some good units, also, I always see them on Ebay, you should not have to go to an Australian parts house to procure one.The glass was about 1400.00, my insurance paid for it. You can also call Italian Car Parts, ask for Charles.

Thank you

5. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #5 miketuason, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    To my experience, after trying six different windshield from four different countries in eight months which none of the six glass fit (wrong curvature), I then found the seventh windshield from GT Car Parts made in in Australia called PGI that finally fit and worked perfectly. This one has the black band around it and the black out area for the rearview mirror and has the 5” blue tint on top. So this may or may not fit your as it’s more of a trial and error kind of thing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Same as mine !!

GT Car parts

Thank you

miketuason likes this.
  7. kzaam1

kzaam1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karim E
    Thank you all. I'm trying to make the right choice the first time. I have contacted Glass Seekers and will contact GT car parts. I really feel for you Mike I do not want to go through that many windshields. I have spoke to a restorer who let me know none of the windshields you get will fit perfectly. He has done a few and the person who installs this has to be willing to retrofit this glass and molding as well to fit. Nothing is plug and play and you have to carefully remove with a heat gun. Even if you put the exact same piece of glass you will have to work with gaps to fill. You can work with it if its 1mm short but if the glass is 1mm too big or warped then the glass is not useable. I will definitely update once I find the glass and shop to work on it.

8. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  9. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Mine had a similar fitment problem Mike, as you know. It wasn't aftermarket, by the way, if it came from Glass Seekers. Sigla, OEM, correct tint windshield for Ferrari 308 QV. Fast Cars made it work, utilizing "trade secrets." They frequently deal with one off cars, prototypes etc utilizing either custom glass or original replacement. I was skeptical when I saw the gap, similar to your picture, but was proven wrong. Fast Cars really came through with the installation (and so much more).

Glass Seekers is Hagerty's preferred source for OEM windshield replacement. My claims agent put me onto to them.

10. kzaam1

kzaam1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karim E
    Thank you for all your insights, will definitely help in helping to take on this project.

11. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
  12. kzaam1

kzaam1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Karim E
    IMO 1,200USD seems like the going rate. Not sure why some sites feel the need to mark up that much more. The glass is literally $380 AUD in Australia for similar thickness and quality https://www.autoglasswarehouse.com.au/ferrari-308-328-348-gtb-gts-targa-top-1-1975-to-1. Also shipping is very very expensive right now so dealing in North America is a preference. Also increases the risk of damage. Thanks for everyone's input though I've decided on PGI costs around $1,100 lets see how the installation goes...

miketuason likes this.
  13. miketuason

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yes please let us know how the glass fit and post some pics if you can please, thank you and good luck!