360 - 360s and 430s are beautiful cars | FerrariChat

360 360s and 430s are beautiful cars

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bob in Makiki, Sep 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    #1 Bob in Makiki, Sep 30, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
    The 360s and 430s are beautiful cars. I pulled up Sunday at a stop light in my 360 Spider beside a new gorgeous Corvette. I complemented the owner on his ride. He replied, "I could get ten of them for the cost of your car." Well, no, actually. But I was ticked by his comment and the high reputation of Ferraris.

I got my car back from my mechanic recently, and he was kind enough to share these thoughts:

"When I finally got the car back together after aligning all the body gaps, I took a step back to look at your car from a distance and had to say to myself wow, this is one beautiful car. The cars today are yes, very high tech and futuristic looking but the older Ferraris age well and look so classy as time goes on. The Ferrari 360 might not have 800 HP or Apple Car Play but one thing is for sure, people know it is a Ferrari."

Oh, yeah! Enjoy your cars, my friends!

2. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    I agree to a degree, although never been a fan of the 360 (I personally just can't get past it looking like a Fiat Barchetta) but it has aged well. Even the F430 is not a car that looks perfect from every angle and I think still has a few awkward lines to it. I do however think age has been very kind to both models. Interestingly, I was going to upgrade mine to a 458, but having been around a few now, I have gone off the look of them.

OrmondStar likes this.
  3. OrmondStar

OrmondStar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2019
    Lake Mary, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard

I’m so shocked about your 458 comment, because I started feeling the same recently!

I’ve owned my 360 for almost two years and my plan was always to upgrade to 458. however, being around so many of them at car shows, I am not so sure I’m as excited about them as I was a few years back!

Mel Spillman likes this.
  4. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The Corvette owners comment comes from non Ferrari owners not being able to tell one model from another. Most people see a 360 and think it’s a new $500k model.

mathewr likes this.
  5. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    LOL - you should not be that shocked about my comment then if you feel similar. Just something about the cabin sitting to far forward and the rear quarters. I think I am loving mine a bit more these days which is an added bonus as I need to put in around £40k to upgrade (downgrade to one!)

6. craze

craze Formula 3

Mar 5, 2021
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I dont know i really think the 360 looks dated compared to f430, however the cs probably sounds better

I am amazed how most people have no idea of even rough age of cars

I was at a car show in one of my bmw and a lady in a mustang was next to me, we engaged in small talk and she asked me what brand my car was lol
    Doesnt get any easier than its on the damn badge

For me best looking ferrari is in no order
    Laferrari, f12, 458, 430

Other models looks good but those I mentioned i feel are timeless

cole328 likes this.
  7. FatMike

FatMike Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 4, 2018
    Marco Island, FL and sometimes NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree - to my eye the 360 has aged really well. Particularly the spider.

I like the design more today than when it came out ~25 years ago.

/

Mel Spillman and Caphill like this.
  8. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    The 360 IMO will prove to be timeless. I too loved the 458 when I saw it in person. The photos online kind of left me... meh. But once I drove one, I found it to be too much of the wrong things to me. Too much tech that removed me from the feeling I get from my 360 and too many computer controls that make the car a "comfortable" drive. I still do love the looks, completely! I too thought at one point I may want to move from my 360 to a 458. Not anymore. I don't know if I just like my 360 so much or I simply don't like the 458 enough. Either way, the 360 is staying in my garage for some time to come.

Kevin Rev'n and EastMemphis like this.
  9. CoreyNJ

CoreyNJ Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 17, 2006
    New Jersey Shore
    I think the angular 458 is starting to look dated. I blame the C8 corvette which has overdone the angular look and the fact Ferrari is starting to move away from the design cues used in the 458/488/F8 with the newer models. This doesn't mean the 458 is going to suddenly drop in value, it's an amazing car and the first Ferrari that is Porsche like in it's reliability and drivability.

KC360 FL likes this.
  10. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    The 360 looks like a Fiat Barchetta? Boy, I don't see it. I think a 360 Spider looks somewhat like a Porsche 918 Spyder, particularly from some angles. But since the 360 came out about ten years before the 918, I guess it would be more accurate to say the 918 looks like a 360.

To my eye the 360 has a purity of line similar to the Dino. And like the Dino, I think it will likely be appreciated more as time goes on. I like the 430 as well; indeed, it is similar enough to the 360 that I find it a little hard to understand how you could like one but not the other (prefer one, I get, but to like one and dislike the other, I don't get).

I certainly agree with Mike that the Corvette owner saw the 360 and thought it was a new model!

mb5 and Mark Blanchard like this.
  11. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

GTuned and Bob in Makiki like this.
  12. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I don’t see the resemblance to a Fiat Barchetta, either.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

tonyc likes this.
  13. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Must be just me then ! but I think it does and certainly more than a 918 !

14. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    Good job we all have different tastes, and I am not trying to be antagonistic, however, I don't think a 360 is that similar to a 430, the main reason being that everything I found awkward with the 360 (to me) was changed. That being headlights, bumpers, intakes, wheels, mirrors and lights.

There is clearly a good following for a 360, sadly I am not one of them, but they have aged well, I appreciate the car and its enjoying a healthy rise in value and I would rather a 360 than no Ferrari at all.

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  15. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I never did like the look of the 458. The 488 however (Pista especially) are much nicer. F8 nicer again.

430 is my preference.

mathewr and boba fett like this.
  16. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    I can't stand the F430. Objectively I understand the argument that the 360's design could be a bit more angular but awkwardly changing half the bits to angular and leaving the other half with the original lines just doesn't work at all for me.

17. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    I would not call an 430 angular at all, its all ovals and swooping lines.

18. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Call it whatever you want the design language on the retained 360 bits does not match the redesigned bits. Picasso car.

19. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I can agree that 360 has aged Very well… however I’m biased. The F430 Looks great as well, and the 458 is simple and fantastic. I usually can find some thing I like and can appreciate about the design of most Ferraris, past and present.

20. Bob in Makiki

Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I would add that to my eye, the new Roma and 296 GTB both seem to be returning to the design language of the 360 and 430. Which I like.

VAF84, OrmondStar and brookliner7 like this.
  21. OrmondStar

OrmondStar Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2019
    Lake Mary, FL
    Full Name:
    Richard
    I’m really liking the 296 simply because it’s returning to the design language of the 360.

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  22. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    When we say "design language" you can't mean looks because a 296 looks nothing like a 360 ?

23. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
  24. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    We have some excellent eye doctors on the forum ;)

Bob in Makiki and rizzo308 like this.
  25. boba fett

boba fett Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2019
    You 360 boys !

RedNeck likes this.