The FF is Perfect! | FerrariChat

The FF is Perfect!

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by K1ngandrew, Sep 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. K1ngandrew

K1ngandrew Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Boise, Idaho
    For me, that is...

Hey everyone, first time poster here and very excited to be contributing to this forum. I currently live in Boise Idaho, I'm 35, married to my high school sweetheart, have two amazing young boys and moving into my dream home tomorrow. Life is good but it can always get better. It is time for my first Prancing Horse.

The Ferrari FF hits every box for me. So much so that it's almost too practical. This first and most important reason I love the FF, is the engine. Enough said there. Second, I'm 6'5" so I'm always limited on my junior supercars. Third is the "FF". I'm a fan of AWD for extra safety, especially in light snow and rain and with the extra two seats in the back, I will be able to have date nights in style as well as take my boys on safe but spirited runs through the mountains

So here is where I need help...

If anyone is considering selling their FF, please don't hesitate reaching out. I know this will be a lengthy search as i'm particular on colors(No Red or White) and must haves on the options(Carbon Steering Wheel). There aren't too many of these floating around so hopefully someone on here sees this and keeps me in mind when they want to pass the torch to a forum member.

I'm not in a rush but would love to have one acquired before March of 2022. Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy post. I'm looking forward to being a contributor.

-Andrew

ATC-GM and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Glad to hear! I fit almond everything you say you are- age kids and everything and for me though I liked it, I didn’t love it and sold it with no regrets in favor of my 355 and Testarossa!
    Enjoy in good health!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K1ngandrew likes this.
  3. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Hey, don't "kill" his dream Olivier! Lol
    I also have 2 kids and an FF and love it!

Bahb7, K1ngandrew and papou like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

My bad
    I hope his dream come true ASAP!

K1ngandrew likes this.
  5. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Coming from the Pcars the FF was my first Fcar 2 years ago and it gave me the need for a second 2 seats one.:cool:
    God thanks I was fortunate enough to "catch" an F12 4 months ago and in despite the "honeymoon" I still love my FF and not less.
    I dunno such a "drama" vehicle to share with our beloved family!:)
    Go Andrew!

K1ngandrew likes this.
  6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I've never had occasion to deal with him, but many members here have had good experiences with him, contact Yellow Compass.

7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Super practical…. So easy to pick up the keys and drive it anywhere. Great to drive and share the experience with the kiddos. Go for it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy, Avia11, ScottS and 2 others like this.
  8. Summerlin2020

Summerlin2020 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Ira
    Wazzer, Eric360 and K1ngandrew like this.
  9. K1ngandrew

K1ngandrew Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Boise, Idaho
    The "fun factor" just can't compete with those two icons. I don't blame you there.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks for the comment!

10. K1ngandrew

K1ngandrew Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Boise, Idaho
    Not going to lie... you have my favorite spec. Great advice on the Pano roof. We have the pano roof in the Raptor for when we go into the mountains. :)

Looks like you're in Summerlin! I have a few close friends in your hood. If you see a white Yellow wrapped G63 6x6, tell him Andrew says hello.

Summerlin2020 likes this.
  11. ftrjz

ftrjz Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 13, 2021
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Jimmy
    I've had mine for barely over a week now and my wife and I absolutely adore it. Our goal now is to bring our first kid home from the hospital in it haha. Tough search to find the right one but in the end worth the wait - what can you really expect when they made less than 400 of them per year after the 2012 MY right? I wish you the best on your search and I would definitely recommend giving Mike from Yellow Compass a buzz

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    [​IMG]

K1ngandrew likes this.
  12. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    The FF is indeed perfect for a family car. IMHO the CF steering wheel is really nice but I wouldn’t discard cars without it, you never really use it (I had it on my FF). The pano roof is indeed quite nice though after a long drive in the sun it does wear you out.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Bundy and italiafan like this.
  13. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Im 6-5" as well. Have 2 kids and use my 14 as a DD. Sometime think about selling it, but then can't fig out what car could replace this as a daily that has everything the FF provides.

K1ngandrew likes this.
  14. Summerlin2020

Summerlin2020 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Ira
    E63S AMG WAGON

15. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    BEAST!! Lot of car and technology (station wagon) for the money no doubt. But completely different league IMO. New Bentley coupe.....? Although completely different cars they both have V12s, AWD and can fit 4 passengers. FF still more fun tho

16. Natkingcolebasket69

Far superior to the FF imho too.
    Yeah it’s a Mercedes, doesn’t sound as good but compared to a 9 year old ff, for every day usage, it’s just as fast and you have the tech and warranty

17. Summerlin2020

Summerlin2020 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jon Ira
  18. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    Agreed. Faster, great tech, more reliable pretty much everything is better. Except its just not a FERRARI.. Love MB I have several. I just don't know what car could have the cache and be so practical as the FF. For some reason every day I get into my FF it thrills me! Every MB (AMG) I have had was AMAZING, just gets boring. I hate seeing every other neighbor on my block have some version of Mercedes

Bundy, otakki, Caeruleus11 and 3 others like this.
  19. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes it doesn’t have the « it » factor. My wife has a new g wagon and I still have my cl65 and those are my favorite daily cars.
    I did love my ff but with young kids that dirty everything, all the things they carry, and a wife that doesn’t like me going fast … didn’t work out and i sold it;)

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  20. LeoBRK

LeoBRK Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Leonardo
    LOL.. totally makes sense..

21. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Key word: thrilling
    Keep FF

22. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Bloody true with the wife! :(
    Sometimes I told her I ask myself why I have bought the FF for the family regarding how she wants me to drive it...:rolleyes:
    In the other hand I can go pretty fast with the Cayenne and she didn't even notice...;)

23. Altoria F

Altoria F Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2020
    France
    Full Name:
    P
    Hmm, the E63 is probably the "ideal son-in-law" but it is like comparing Berluti shoes and a nice pair of Nike imho!:cool:

LeoBRK likes this.
  24. K1ngandrew

K1ngandrew Rookie

May 25, 2017
    Boise, Idaho
    I’m pretty sure I’m following you on Instagram, haha. Did you just get your FF paint corrected? I’m @sirandrewwilliams

25. ANOpax

ANOpax Formula 3

Jul 1, 2015
    The Netherlands

For me it’s the opposite. If I drive the BMW GT at 180kph, my wife asks me to slow down. At 180kph in the FF, she falls asleep :cool: It has a stability and comfort at high speeds which make it a pleasure to drive and be a passenger in.

K1ngandrew likes this.