488 - Pista vs SVJ | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Pista vs SVJ

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Bkclients, Sep 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’m on my second MSV, yes, very rare and I wouldn’t let mine go below 7 figures.
    Last of the Bizzarrini engine and it howls!
    TDF is otherworldly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    One of the best 1 two punches ever.

3. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    Per the question of SVJ versus Pista going to more Lamborghini models have gone up in value than Ferrari’s comment is ridiculous.

First and foremost, take out the pandemic which even made McLaren’s go up in value. When you can sell your 2019 Ford Raptor to a dealership on trade for more than you paid for it, that should be quite telling that the current environment is not normal times. Everything has gone up. Let’s leave it at Covid was the best thing to right size the over supplied super car market.

Moving on, new SVJ’s sat at dealerships with discounts of up to $90,000 off sticker, yet Pista’s required selection from the dealership to be considered for allocation, that should tell you something. Oh, and only building 963 units of each Coupe and Roadster and they still could not sell them all. Hence, why they had to move on to the Xago paint scheme, etc. Even in the early phase of the pandemic when prices declined for the first few months, Pista’s were only marginally off MSRP. What will really be telling is the guys who bought SVJ Coupes at $120,000+ over MSRP in the last 12-18 months and where they sit once supply right sizes and the market normalizes.

Gh21631 likes this.
  4. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Go ask most SV/SVJ car owners that also owns a Ferrari and ask which car the prefer to actually drive. I've had an SV and know a ton of guys that own SVJs and they all say they rather drive there Ferrari Pista/Speciale/812. The SV/SVJ are amazing cars to look at it and sound good, but more enjoyment in my Ferrai/Porsche's. Haven't owned a Mclaren but could see a 765LT in my future...

D11 and Thecadster like this.
  5. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Lol. Had to look that up:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Gh21631 likes this.
  6. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    plastique999 likes this.
  7. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Not an SVJ but funny nonetheless.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Pretty much says it all.

9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    To be honest, the Av models don’t interest me as much as the Murcie models…I guess you can say I’m starting to collect backwards. I prefer limited editions and they made some 1100 AvSV’s and I believe 1263 or more SVJ’s. Here in SoCal you see them everywhere. Don’t get me wrong, great cars, but for the $ in a “previous” sane market, I would have gone with a driver’s CGT (not in today’s market).
    I’m an odd collector…I’d rather get a white 599 GTO over an SF90 (again if $ were equal once upon a time).

Bas and Boots like this.
  10. Ramih84

Ramih84 Karting

Oct 18, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Rami
    Agreed! I love my svj- but I’d for sure rather drive my Pista all day over it -less attention, not as loud, way more comfortable, easier to drive(and see out of!) and it’s actually faster (pista is tuned).
    Had a ‘20 720s spider- fast car and loads of attention (painted MSO Rosso corsa) but nothing else so I traded it back in. I would love to get my hands on a 765lt spider though.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Art138, Phillychoi, Andynyc and 7 others like this.
  11. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Nice stable.

Ramih84 likes this.
  12. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Purple SVJ is gorgeous! 765lt spider will be a nice one. Have a sf90 spider on order or I'd probably pick one up

Ramih84 likes this.
  13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    The SVJ sure looks stunning and even 10 years from now it'll look good. I'm kicking myself for not getting an allocation for a SVJ roadster last year, I was even getting a discount. Duh.

14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Have you considered an SV instead? It confuses me that the SVJ is a $200k premium considering that the SV is quite a bit rarer, sounds better and looks better (in my opinion). Also, ALA is a bit too gimmicky for my liking and was abandoned for the STO which is a bit telling. My guess is that SV will eventually be equally or more desirable than the SVJ.

plastique999, SLDriver and Thecadster like this.
  15. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I believe the SV will surpass the SVJ value wise at some point because like you said, it's rarer and in my opinion the best looking modern Lamborghini ever produced.

And as you probably know there's not many SV's for sale in Canada and the SV's that pop up for sale either have high mileage or they've been owned by young owners who love to wrap their cars and fit exhaust on. It's near impossible to find a clean SV and in this market if a clean SV comes up for sale the price is too high.

Thecadster and ScrappyB like this.
  16. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    I just picked this one up. Low mileage, one owner car in balloon white.

evo3, Cigarzman, Hunter911 and 7 others like this.
  17. Ramih84

Ramih84 Karting

Oct 18, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Rami
    Thank you! Hard to beat a Viola Pasifae SVJ- at least for me.
    I still have a deposit down on a 765lt spider allocation but that looks like it will fall through. My new GT Black series and incoming STO should keep me pretty happy though haha.

carz80am, Ash Patel and ScrappyB like this.
  18. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Stunning, congrats.

And was this the SV for sale at Pfaff? Did you pay asking?

ScrappyB likes this.
  19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Why is the 765LT allocation falling through? I hate to hear that.

20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Fantastic acquisition!
    Best color!!

ScrappyB and Thecadster like this.
  21. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    All available allocations on the 765 spider were filled very early on. For someone who is too late, the dealer will take a fully refundable deposit in case an allocation becomes available due to someone cancelling theirs.

22. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Indeed. I prefer to not discuss pricing.

Excited to try the beast out!

SLDriver likes this.
  23. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #48 ScrappyB, Oct 6, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Thanks! Nothing shows the lines on a Lambo like balloon white. It’s very similar to Bianco Fuji.

Ps. Let me know if you ever decide to sell your Murci SV.

plastique999 likes this.
  24. Rami Hajjar

Rami Hajjar Rookie

Apr 30, 2019
    New York
    Full Name:
    Rami H
    I was on the fence about ordering one since I didn't love my 720s, but my friend who has a 765lt coupe told me to go for it(he's getting a spider), unfortunately I was a bit late to the party by than and now I'm back on the waitlist (supposedly next up) but I don't think it will happen, they do have my spec order just in case so there would be no delay.

Thecadster likes this.
  25. gliazzurri

gliazzurri Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2016
    Maryland
    These cars are so different they really can't be compared. Two totally different segments. Both unique in their own rights. Both very exciting for different reasons. Two very different engines and transmissions. Two very different styling elements both inside and out. And two very different sounds. No way to say better...simply not capable. They have different objectives when driving I would say as well.
    Not sure everyone would always drive the Ferrari to be honest given the options. The Pista is definitely more of an easy to drive around town type of vehicle given the visibility, but have put lots of regular miles on the other one and can barely put the keys down.

ScrappyB, Gh21631 and SLDriver like this.