Recommendations for shops in the Toledo, OH area | FerrariChat

Recommendations for shops in the Toledo, OH area

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by amerikalei, Sep 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    A friend in NW Ohio is considering buying a sporty option. He's mentioned everything from older Alfa's to a Boxster, etc. He also really liked the more exotic Iso Grifo I saw at the Concours in Plymouth, MI this summer.

Lots of listings are online, but I suggested he take his time, talk to some reputable shops locally, and then try to narrow it down from there.

Given his openness to options, I thought he might be well served to make his evaluation with a local shop connection for future maintenance, as well as potential PPI.

Figured this forum might provide some ideas. Thanks for your ideas!

2. dave80gtsi

dave80gtsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Dave Meredith
    Your inquiry comes across as quite vague; we have no idea as to which marque your friend is buying.

Suggest that you sort out this key and basic detail, and then repost accordingly.

DM

3. amerikalei

amerikalei Karting

May 23, 2011
    I know it's vague, but he has no idea yet either. I thought one way to give him some leads might be to see if there were any recommendations for skilled shops with experience in one sports car marque or another. He's not looking for a new car, or even a used model via a dealership, looking for more of a vintage option. I thought if there were any noteworthy shops he might talk to someone who could advise and maybe establish a longer term support relationship. Whether Italian, British, German or Japanese seemed less important than getting started with a good service backup since he would not be doing his own work. I live north of Boston so we have a couple higher end resto options (Paul Russell for one) as well as some smaller marque shops (Brit Bits) within an hour of me. Just threw this out there to see if there were any comparable recommendations in the Toledo-Detriot area.

4. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Maybe have him contact Aaron at Pure Tuning in Toledo; http://www.pure-tuning.com/

They seem to be primarily focused on Japanese cars (we had them lay a new dyno tune on our turbo NSX), but they should know the local options very well I would think.

5. Tony K

Tony K Formula 3

Jun 7, 2006
    Toledo, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tony K.
    I run Toledo Cars & Coffee, and know a fair number of people in the area. I can help with suggestions, based on what marque and age/era of car he buys. PM me for contact info.

Tony K. :)