Assetto Fiorano package | FerrariChat

Assetto Fiorano package

Discussion in '296' started by Senshi458, Aug 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senshi458

Senshi458 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2015
    Norway
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Hi I will put my order in some days and need some info from anyone here ordered and spec their cars, I hear in Norway not many have spec with Assetto Fiorano package. I don't like the stripe from Assetto Fiorano package, but I hear from dealer possible take that away so don't have the stripe.

Is there any reason why people not spec with Assetto Fiorano package? Also I don't drive much on tracks so maybe the Assetto Fiorano not for me?

2. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    From what I understand the stripe is distinct from the Fiorano package, so to have the Fiorano package and the stripe you'd order and pay for both. Therefore you should definitely be able to get the Fiorano package without the stripe.
    Also these cars are very versatile from scratch and the claimed 12kg saving won't probably make such a big difference, the car will not be a real track car anyway so the significant price upcharge may seem of limited value.

3. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    The stripe is an addition $23,301 USD here in the US. In the 296 US market, unlike the SF90 US market, there is only one Assetto Fiorano package, the "Extended" package [code FIO2] which is more inclusive. There are no details that I've found yet on what's included, but on the SF90, the FIO1 non-extended Assetto Fiorano package removes the audio system, anti-theft system, heater, door pockets, floor mats, a-pillars in leather, and sun visor mirror, allegedly in the name of weight savings.

D11 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The most efficient way to save weight would be to remove the battery and electric engines :D even if it would cost some power...

5. Wambo1

Wambo1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    wally alot
    I ordered one as well and was talked out of the Fiorano Package by my sales rep. He said it cant be optioned with the front suspension lift. Otherwise I would go for it if you plan on upgrading all parts to CF. Seems like it comes standard with everything in CF.

kane00 and Senshi458 like this.
  6. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    the weight savings are purely a placebo, same as the carbon - it just appeals to your emotions and the perception (aside from the cf wheels)

7. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    From what I can gather it is a different CF front spoiler (higher end planes), CF door panels, CF rear wall between the seats, CF rear deploy spoiler, Lexan bonnet engine cover, CF door plate, multimatic shocks (no front end lift).
    Still have to order CF race seats, Interior CF, CF steering wheel just to get to the level of the prior Speciale/Pista equipt.

I like having the lift so going base config

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    Here's the complete list of included changes with the Assetto Fiorano package:
    1. Exterior Carbon Fiber Specific Front Aero [Included]
    2. Exterior Carbon Fiber Engine Bonnet Heat Cover [Included] - This is painted body color on the standard car
    3. Exterior Carbon Fiber Active Spoiler [Included]
    4. Multimatic Race Suspension [Included]
    5. Interior Carbon Fiber Door Panels + Door Sill [Included]
    6. Carbon Fiber Rear Bench [Included]
    7. Carbon Fiber Rear Tunnel [Included]
    Here is the list of options available once the AF package is selected
    1. Dedicated Race Livery [Additional Cost]
    2. Lexan Engine Bonnet Cover [Additional Cost]
    Image below for reference

Keep in mind, the Lexan cover only saves you 6lbs.

D11, ajr550, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.
  9. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Well its interesting to get some clarity on what exactly this pack comprises of. What is is the cost of this in the US?

10. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  11. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan

One of the best ways of doing that is hit the gym.
    keep the performance and less pasta and dessert. LOL.

At 820 HP does 10kg make a difference?
    the limited number of people who will actually competitively race and need the fraction of a second is slim to none - isn’t it??

SECRET likes this.
  12. SECRET

SECRET Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2007
    The reality is most of this horsepower comparison and paper spec racing is pretty pointless on the road, even if you live in autobahn country.

On the track, the very occasional weekend racer probably shouldn't car about 10kg. They probably barely get their tire pressures right for any serious lap setting. If it's all about bragging rights, at even 711hp in the Pista, most of the cars on track are easily walked on in the straights... with my big arse and a passenger to boot! The 296 even without the AF pack will handedly destroy most of the cars out there.

That said, when I do make it out, I am usually on track with a friend that has a Senna and a P1. He tracks more than the average person could ever dream of doing it and kicks everyones ass. If you're measuring sticks with the likes of 765s, Z06s, Sennas, SF90s, etc.. well skill and a diet will undoubtedly help you more than $s into OEM weight savings.

D11 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  13. D11

D11 Karting

Sep 26, 2010
    Just an addition, my apologies if I missed it above, but something to be aware of that I would assume holds true for the 296 as has been the case with the SF90’s - if you order the AF pack as mentioned above, not only can you NOT get the front lifter but you also do not have Bumpy Road mode. The ability to soften the suspension for many of the public roads here in the US is as much of a game changer to me as losing the front lifter would be.

releod and Dadr like this.
  14. Wambo1

Wambo1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 14, 2021
    Full Name:
    wally alot
    Let's be clear here. I don't think anyone going for any of the CF packages is really after weight savings. It's more for aesthetics.

D11 and dpw98 like this.
  15. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I don’t think the CF makes sense on this car. It’s all low down, vulnerable to rocks on the road, and not easily visible. No real point in spending the $.

16. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    I'm feeling not so great for this guy, he did not understand what the "hot V" is, at all.

Also, what's with the completely wrinkled aluminium covers at 04:10??? Panic!

17. inox

inox Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2017
    So, Assetto Fiorano option drops the weight by 12 kg (15 kg with lexan engine cover).

But have I understood correctly that Assetto Fiorano quarantees more significant weight difference to base model, because you can't stuff it with heavy options?