Ferrari ROMA | Page 183 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    Thanks for the helpful information about the ordering process and timeline!

Crom likes this.
  2. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mine just went into production and slated to be completed November 23rd according to my dealer. I sure hope it doesn't come with all the electrical gremlins some folks are talking about.

3. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My Roma has also been a blast, I sold my Lusso12 for it and thought I would miss my Lusso but the Roma as a DD and city whipper is a huge win! BUT.. the tech is just too slow and not very intuitive plus my AMP has had to be replaced to due to some static crackling. Hope thats the worst of it :)

4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The Roma is a very unique futuristic design, that TM above is super retro.. love it. Does it completely work, not sure.. gotta see it in person.

5. sprasad

sprasad Rookie

Sep 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Srinivas Prasad
    Wow, this is such a great forum! Can't believe there's a forum for incredibly lucky people! It's nice not to feel awkward discussing Ferrari issues -- buying a Ferrari isn't something I feel great about broadcasting.

After being a longtime 911 driver I finally ordered a Roma in December, finalized specs in May for June build. I got my pics at the beginning of July and was told it was on the water shortly thereafter. It has now been "at the dock" for a month! I can't get any info on what its status is from the dealer -- nice guy but says they won't know anything until it shows up at the dealership.

Anyone have any insight into the timing for delivery from the dock? I understand that COVID creates delays but I guess expected more delays with manufacture and less with transport. I am not sure the message that "it should be here any day now" is accurate.

Also, I'm planning on doing full PPF and ceramic. And I've always gotten the wheel/tire protection for high-profile tires. The pricing seems high but are PPF and T/W protection worth it in your mind?

Thanks in advance,
    -S

6. Dadr

Dadr Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2012
    Memphis, TN
    Release from the dock can be several things, customs, homologation, damage in transit requiring repair, dead battery that requires a replacement that needs to be shipped from Italy, transportation arrangement or need to make a regional run etc. The factory won’t tell the dealer why the car is held and then suddenly the car will arrive. Don’t worry it will be stellar when you see it.

PPF is definitely worth it and I have always done it for peace of mind but in contradiction to that I feel wheel and tire package are excessive money grabs and a waste. The actuary clearly favors the dealer on every one of these sales and can be a great bonus income to a dealership.

Congrats on your Roma, I am in my 10th month of ownership and am happy to say I don’t have any of the gremlins some have reported and have not had any software updates. It has been a great daily and thankfully just works. It has provided a whole new way for me to enjoy a Ferrari other than my previous only sunny warm weekend runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

008 likes this.
  7. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    Congrats on your Roma... I am in the same 'Boat' as you... Literally. My Roma is on the boat. Left Italy about a month ago.
    Where is it? Who knows? lol

I am patiently waiting.

Day one, I am getting the car paint corrected, XPEL the entire car and Ceramic coated. It's 100% worth it to me.
    The paint is protected and looks pristine at all times. Super easy to maintain and you never need to wax it.
    Run it through a touch-less car wash and it looks like it came out of the show room.

It's a must have option to me... I've done it to all the past cars I've had.
    I highly recommend it, especially on a car this expensive.

8. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    One reason your Roma ( by the way congrats) may be held up is due to quarterly earnings. Ferrari only reports a sale of the car once it leaves the port of destination to the dealer. That is when they bill the dealer for the car. If Ferrari has sold more cars than the analysts expected at a quarter end they will keep the cars at port of destination. It’s called managing earnings. Happened to me on my 488. They flew the car to the US, rushed it to count as a 12-31 revenue. Numerous dealers got a lot of cars air shipped that year! Be patient it will arrive soon. Sounds like a lot of cars coming to dealers in October.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

vcappp likes this.
  9. Georgieynwa

Georgieynwa Rookie

Sep 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    George madi
    Hi everyone

can anyone pls tell me which rosso color is this ferrari Roma? Thanks

RodC328gts likes this.
  10. sprasad

sprasad Rookie

Sep 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Srinivas Prasad
    Thanks for the explanations and reassurance guys! Hadn’t thought of many of those reasons but seems to explain why the dealer might be in the dark.

Sounds like PPF/ceramic is a must. I’ve never done that but will definitely do it once the Roma gets here. I live in Philadelphia where the roads are horrendous and the wheel/tire protection has paid for itself by a lot for my 911 turbo but I will give it further thought.

Does anyone have a recommendation for winter tires for the Roma? I know that sounds crazy and I don’t expect to drive it in snow but I’ve always been so much happier with the winter-friendly rubber compound for my other cars and I probably will be driving it on sunny, dry winter days!

Thanks once again!
    -Srini

11. Bei

Bei Rookie

Oct 1, 2021
    Los Angeles, CA
    So glad I found this forum! I’m considering Ferrari for the first time because of the Roma, and it looks like there’s a year long wait for a new car, so I found one on consignment (delivered in June and only 200 miles) asking for $290K, which is $30K over retail. Should I do it?

12. Crom

Crom Karting

Aug 13, 2020
    USA
    Full Name:
    Crom
    Only you can say if it's worth spending 30k to have it now or wait a year for a car you spec'd exactly the way you want it.
    This is also my first Ferrari and it just makes it that more special ordering it exactly the way I wanted it.
    Look at the wait as if you are waiting for your baby to be born! LOL

13. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    It's not mine but thank you anyway!

elmadi likes this.
  14. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike

Getting cars out of port is a big issue for car dealers right now. My Ferrari dealer told me he had a car stuck at port for 5 weeks and he is 25 mins away from the Long Beach port. Just be patient.

PPF is a must in my book. T/W, not so much IMO.

RamsHmb likes this.
  15. sprasad

sprasad Rookie

Sep 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Srinivas Prasad
    Actualizer, vcappp, tomc and 5 others like this.
  16. dk3

dk3 Karting

Dec 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    D K
  17. wvudrjay

wvudrjay Rookie

Sep 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jay Lohan
    4400+ posts into the thread. This info was requested no less than 10 times. I thought this was locked up with the secret to eternal life. Thank you for sharing. My first post BTW. Hello all.

Lunch Bag, vcappp, llk and 1 other person like this.
  18. wvudrjay

wvudrjay Rookie

Sep 21, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jay Lohan
    Kudos to me for wading through all 4600 posts. Thanks for all the helpful info. I am almost 49 years old, 6 foot 2 and looking to get a new car. I’ve always loved 911’s but I was offered a 992 GT3 allocation as long as I “sponsored” the dealers race team for 50,000 dollars. Really did not see paying 50k over sticker for a non limited edition car and that interaction left a sour taste in my mouth for the brand. Started looking at other options. Roma is an absolutely beautiful car. Can’t get past how stunning the car looks. Looked at Mclaren GT, Aston Martin Vantage/DB11, and some others as well. Past cars of any significance in relative terms were an M4 and M2 competition which I loved. I don’t live in an area with any of these dealers so this forum has been very helpful and informative. Congrats to everyone here that has worked themselves into a position to be able to get these cars. I also appreciate the people who answer the questions of newbies in an informative and honest manner.

Z33, Verum23, RamsHmb and 4 others like this.
  19. sprasad

sprasad Rookie

Sep 30, 2021
    Full Name:
    Srinivas Prasad
    That’s absurd about the GT3. I’m switching out of a 991 turbo and have really loved the 911 — it is truly a daily driver and a bit of a sleeper car.

I’ve always wanted a Ferrari and the Roma just really felt like a perfect fit for my life — not too ostentatious; has a small back seat (I have 7yo twins and couldn’t get a car they couldn’t get into); developed as a daily driver and just really love the lines and homage to the 50s/60s fastback lines.

I will say that I am not sure that the Roma is a complete replacement for the 911tt (which I drive all four seasons). I am also getting an M5c which I expect to use more during wet winter days…

Btw, for the person that asked, that is Tour de France Blue with cuoio interior

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

wvudrjay likes this.
  20. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    Your wife has very good judgement.

21. Vintageignition

Vintageignition Karting

Dec 17, 2020
    Full Name:
    Mike Mancini
    meh, it’s just a vinyl stripe.

22. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    And white wheels and silver grille and a tailor made interior.