Is this the sexiest Maserati coupe ever....? | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Is this the sexiest Maserati coupe ever....?

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by tritone, Jul 16, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angemana

angemana Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ange Mana
  2. angemana

angemana Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ange Mana
    Now I need to be explained how a 1963 Maserati 3500 GT becomes a 1954 Maserati A6 in people's minds.
    The facts are often more brutal than the imagination of some

3. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Ol`Giovanni was a very funny, charming character. But, yes, he was tricky...! I met him various times when I have ordered a replica Alfa 33 Stradale and A6GCS-Pininfarine Coupé for a customer. But Giovanni made some mistakes with the coachwork he made for the cars. And by these mistakes you can clearly identify his replicars.
    As with the 2 cars I ordered from him, I supervised the making of both and insisted on correcting these mistakes. So the 2 cars he made for my customer are the most original looking replicars of all Alfa 33 Stradale and A6GCS Pininfarina Coupés he made. When his estate sold tools, chassis, mocks, replica-engines etc etc to Argentina, they started making their replicas - and continued "replicating" Giovanni`s mistakes....

375+ likes this.
  4. Franco Lombardi

Franco Lombardi Karting

Nov 17, 2009
    Genova
    Full Name:
    Franco Lombardi
    Nothing particularly mysterious. The explanation is fairly simple: when in 2004 I took part in the lovely “90 Anni” Maserati celebration with my Berlinetta I had no road documents for the car and I simply temporarily “borrowed” from a friend documents and plates from a 3500 GTI. The photos were taken in Modena at the start of the event: good fun both at the Mugello track and on the Via Cassia on the way to Rome.

For this reason normally I use the car on closed roads events like the “Vernasca Silver Flag” of 10/12 September 2021.

Franco Lombardi

5. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    I would be very happy with a replica A6GCS PF Coupe. I've seen various attempts at them, from Pur Sang in Argentina, some bodies made in the Philippines, some constructed in South Africa, and an out of scale one off in Texas. Can anyone vouch for decent example, with an aluminum body that may be available?

Many Thanks, RF.

6. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The car I supervised to build at Giordanengo`s place in Bella Italia is definitely not on the market. And when it comes for sale...I`ll be the happy camper to get it!

The others I am not interested in...

7. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Thank You Walter, But perhaps there are some others that I may be interested in? I have a few Maserati engines that may serve as donors toward the cause.

Many Thanks, RF.

8. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Other replicas of what car? You don`t mean a stupid 450S "replica" fitted with a Ghibli-engine, or....?

9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
  10. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
  11. angemana

angemana Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 20, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ange Mana
    no road documents ? With the ASI ? I dont believe it, too many stories

wbaeumer likes this.
  12. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Can we get back to the original subject, and question please? Are there any other replica A6GCS PF Coupes available, or soon to become available? They don't necessarily need to be up to Walters satisfaction for my use.
    Many Thanks, RF.

13. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Have you tried to get into one? I've seen a couple and though they are gorgeous I could just look at them and see that @ 6'1" plus a bit of poundage No F'ng way Jose.
    It's just so gorgeous but very small.
    I CAN squeeze into a Miura but the driving position is impossible for my right leg and big feet. Not that it matters anyway .... LOL! I drove one once!

Now where you'd even get a chance to do so is an entirely different matter. I wouldn't have the effrontery to even ask!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

psw and 71Satisfaction like this.
  14. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The ex-Subbotin A6GCS PF. This is the "standard" high drag coupé.

15. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Not to my knowledge. But you can order one at the sources mentioned previously.

16. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA

Actually yes I have, and it looked a lot harder than it actually was, once inside it wasn’t too bad for a short drive.

17. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    This is so far, the most correct A6GCS Pinifarina-replica made by Giordanengo. The work was statted by Giovanni but when he passed away it was finished by his grandson under my supervision. The engine and gearbox came from the German high tech company CAPRICORN, who worked on various Porsche historical and actual Le Mans-projects and also produced parts for the Ferrari F1 team.

CHassis and engine are clearly stamped "replica"...
    Please respect my photo ©!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  19. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    No, its the same size. I forgot to mention that Giordanengo made the door a little bit longer (to the front fenders) to better get in and -more important- to get out!
    Perhaps you are confused by the hisher greenhouse of the red car which was NOT a lowdrag coupe.

But yes, its very "cosy" inside....

20. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So it is lower. Looks like what hot rodders over here used to call chopped. Or the current Camaro. Lower drag, I understand.
    The longer door sounds like a good accommodation and since it's replica what difference does it make. I think I might need a bubble in the roof and an assistant to get in it! LOL.

21. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The longer doors made it a lot easier to get in and out. But still much cramped inside. I tested it before it was transported to its owner and it was great. Capricorn made an excellent job with the new engine and gearbox.Of course at a price (...and they don`t make prisoners on that!).

22. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Fantastic! Any others available?

23. wilde

wilde Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2009
    France
    psw, Nembo1777 and BMW.SauberF1Team like this.
  24. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes, this car was also made by Giordanengo and it shows the same mistake ol`Giovanni made on all of his cars...despite the white one!
    This car is now part of a huge collection in Belgium that also owns some other important Maseratis (2xA6G-Frua, 5000GT, etc...)