PPI Thoughts | FerrariChat

PPI Thoughts

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by gentlemanbutcher, Oct 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gentlemanbutcher

Apr 5, 2021
    Hey all, I am looking at buying a 458 Italia. This will be my first Ferrari, so I am being a bit cautious. I was into air cooled Porsches for a bit, and am not coming back into the sports car world after a hiatus.

I have had the attached PPI done on the 458 that I am looking at. Seems fairly clean save for the hood repaint.

Any thoughts on what this car is worth? I know its priced a little high, and I am ok with that bc it is spec'd the way I would like, but I don't want to get my eyes gouged. Any opinions are appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    What is the price they are asking? This is almost identical to my 458 (which I am thinking about selling to get a spider). The hood repaint is a little odd - unless is had no PPF and I as driving. A lot.

3. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    This is a very tough ask. I was recently offered $240k for my '14 458 Italia w/ 7k on the clock, but it's pristine and also depends on your options, color, etc. Mine was optioned just under $300k. What was your MSRP and do you have the window sticker to post?

4. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    OP, I also forgot to ask you about your air cooled P-Car. I'm a huge Porsche fan and currently own these 2, but have owned others in the past. I have an '84 911 Targa w/ 84k on the clock and a '21 Cayenne GTS coupe.

Attached Files:

5. jagged155

jagged155 Karting

Dec 3, 2016
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Really depends on Price, Spec, & Intended use. To me, it was a driver would most likely continue to be one. The rotor wear is very low and looks like good tires... the nit picks are cosmetic. So then it comes down to price. Unless it s a huge spec/MSRP car, you really need to pay under market for it due to the cosmetic imperfections. Post the window sticker & list price and that would allow for some better input

6. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    What a fantastic and detailed PPI. Few PPIs are ever this detailed, I presume it wasn’t from Ferrari.

Love this detail:

notes:
    • Rattle in passenger side A pillar area
    • Slight wind noise left front above 60 mph
    • Undercarriage cover is missing some fasteners and has some cracks, not
    unusual
    • Right front window motor is nosier than normal
    • Steering wheel cover has a few small scuffs
    • Seatbelt plastic covers missing
    • Engine bay paint is peeling near roof, normal
    • Center AC vents are reversed, passenger controls driver center vent and vise
    versa
    • Airbag logo is slightly titled to dash pad has been out for some reason
    • Two scratches in engine cover glass
    Other driving notes: Took to 7000 RPM, normally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc1 likes this.
  7. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Asking this , not posting a pic , specs or asking price won't get you much help

8. gentlemanbutcher

Apr 5, 2021
    Apologies for not posting more info. I do not have the window sticker but here is the options list. The ask on the car is $243, which seems pretty high, especially given the condition.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. gentlemanbutcher

Apr 5, 2021
    I need to update my bio perhaps. I have owned some 997s in various configurations and a 993tt, which I regret selling. That was one of my favorite cars. I recently started to look at them again, and with pricing where it is, that is what pivoted me towards the 458

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agree!
    I’d love to have this shop PPI my future cars.

11. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  12. gentlemanbutcher

Apr 5, 2021
  13. gentlemanbutcher

Apr 5, 2021
    Peter at Automotive International in Charlotte - have been very impressed with them.

AD211 and plastique999 like this.
  14. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    That seems high to me. 220 seems more reasonable in this market. If it sells that high- I may sell mine and then buy a spider when this insanity is over :)

15. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    That seems high to me. 220 seems more reasonable in this market. If it sells that high- I may sell mine and then buy a spider when this insanity is over :)

16. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    It looks sold…

nuff said

17. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    At this moment and foreseeable future, the 458 is the last naturally aspirated V8 Ferrari, last V8 designed by Pininfarina, first and only wheel designed by Schumacher, etc. I'm glad to hear it's that much of an ask, how many miles again??

PS: Need window sticker / MSRP, do you not have pic of it?

18. Sargepug

Sargepug Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2020
    NYC
    WOW, was the 993 tt bought new?! I owned a new 997.2 in '09, it was stick and I loved it. The 997.2 had no IMS to deal with and the last of the 911 lineage you could simply get in stick.

19. gentlemanbutcher

Apr 5, 2021
    I do not have a pic of window sticker or know the MSRP. It’s 11,xxx miles.

I’ve found another that I like. PPI coming this week.

Sargepug likes this.
  20. gentlemanbutcher

Apr 5, 2021
    I wasn’t the first owner of the 993tt but I did get it before prices took off. It was awesome. I’d love to get another at some point.

I loved my 997.2 C4S. Great balance between analog feeling and modern amenities. I’ve not had much seat time in the 991s or 2s

Sargepug likes this.
  21. OSUferrari

Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice. I may list mine next week.

430jm likes this.