Powers out. Again. | FerrariChat

Powers out. Again.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by jimpo1, Oct 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Ever since the Big Freeze in February, our power is going out more often. Big thunderstorms tonight, lost power. It’s more and more frequent and when it happens, it’s off for longer periods of time. It’s going to be a long Winter.

Good thing the iPad is charged and the cell phone has a hotspot. :D

2. innerloop

innerloop Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2010
    Houston Heights, TX
    I finally gave in and a bought a portable generator and a portable room A/C. At least that way the frig/freezer won't thaw and we won't be too miserable. I paid a little extra to get a generator that also runs on natural gas so I don't have to deal with refilling with gasoline every few hours. I just put a quick disconnect on the gas line to fire pit and now I'm set.

VAF84 likes this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That storm was moving along last night!
    The gust front showed up around 10 min before, it was crazy windy for 10 min, and then it was gone.
    We did not lose power, but I think folks to south had it worse.
    T

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Pretty wild that the USofA is losing the ability to generate and deliver electrons.

5. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Don't worry, its being built back better and electrons from large generation stations are soooo not cool. The new trend are these...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Well that was fun. Finally came back on around 3pm. Yeah, 16+ hours. Glad it wasn’t freezing cold or roasting hot. It did make for an interesting day for work……