1992 Mondial T maintenance | FerrariChat

1992 Mondial T maintenance

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by DHC, Oct 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DHC

DHC Karting

Sep 28, 2021
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    David Cropper
    I am thinking about purchasing a 92 Mondial T with 21,500 miles. Can anyone tell me what maintenance can be done with the engine IN the car? I understand that things like the timing belt must be done with the engine out, but what about valve adjustment and things like that? I am just trying to anticipate what my maintenance costs might be. Thank you.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Valve adjust is done at the time of engine drop. All items other then water pump and timing belt are easily accomplished with engine in place.

3. Ferrari Tech

Ferrari Tech Formula 3

Mar 5, 2010
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Wade Williams
    Fluid service, and accessory belts can be changed in chassis. Cam cover gaskets can be done but any cam seal or o-ring leakage is an engine out.

4. DHC

DHC Karting

Sep 28, 2021
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    David Cropper
    Thank you.

Ferrari Tech likes this.
  5. DHC

DHC Karting

Sep 28, 2021
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    David Cropper
    Thank you.

6. DHC

DHC Karting

Sep 28, 2021
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    David Cropper
    It sounds to me like regular maintenance items such as plugs, belts, (except timing-cam belt) water pump, etc. Can be done with engine in car. This would be my first F car. Always loved them and always wanted one. I am very much looking forward to it!