My instructor car… | FerrariChat

My instructor car…

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by c4b4the04, Oct 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    I’ve worked with FCA all over the country for a decade. It’s a wide body FRC Corvette that has fully built spherical suspension and a forged driveline. Does well up until the 458/488’s and then I’m deficient on many fronts…!

Anyway, did an event with FCA at Lime Rock Park in summer. Few weeks ago I did classroom for the local Mercedes club and brought my gal out for some laps…two to be exact. My driver rear coilover let go, in a most unexpected way too!

Thought you’d appreciate how badly this could have gone. Instead I heard a horrible noise on and off the trailer, I thought my limited slip diff was locked up, turns out this was my issue. More to come, I’m just flabbergasted this broke like this. No collisions, no warning. Can’t imagine coming into T7 at LRP with a full head of steam and a train of Challenge cars around. That’s a recipe for a bad weekend Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

2. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    #2 mdrums, Oct 12, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    AFE Power coilover might not be as good for the track as other higher end race proven brands and models. Yeah that’s not good how that broke…but there are accounts with photos showing AFE PFADT coilovers breaking…glad no other issues or injuries

3. c4b4the04

c4b4the04 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 9, 2017
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Cassidy
    I wish I had known that 8 years ago, these seemed to be the perfect fit for my budget at the time versus the almost-double Penske 7900's. Now of course I've ordered those and wasted my money on these. I agree they have quality control issues...my 3 piece anti-roll bar came apart as well. Hard to imagine they were racers that made equipment that failed.