Pista/F8 gift models appearing on auction sites | FerrariChat

Pista/F8 gift models appearing on auction sites

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Art138, Oct 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I noticed many of the so called gift models with the three build pics appearing on eBay with vin numbers. I counted at least 10 pistas and a few F8s. The address tags on the pic binder associates them with the Ferrari dealer (probably where they were bought from). Well frustrating and puzzling ] that many would appear at once. I never got mine….see pics below:

Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3218979 View attachment 3218979

Attached Files:

2. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Seems that rather than passing them onto the rightful owners who specced the cars, they are profiting form them. As if the commission wasn't enough. I'd be pissed if those were my VINs. It's bad enough that many of us didn't get our models/gifts but to see other dealers selling them is very annoying. Hopefully some of the Florida owners see the thread and claim their gifts.

3. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Wow.... I had just asked my dealer yesterday what's the story on the model car production. I haven't received mine for my 812 that was delivered middle of last year. They said the model car production is still in limbo. Hopefully the owners of these cars find out about their gifts appearing on eBay.

4. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Question, as this thread is developing...

Assuming the original owner ( the person that these gifts would have been presented to ) has sold their Ferrari to a broker, another dealership, another out of state individual, etc ..... what is the Dealership supposed to do with the gifts? ( That more than likely arrived 6-12 months after delivery if not longer )?

1. Locate the original buyer and provide it to them
    2. Locate the broker or whomever has the car now and provide it to them
    3. Locate the current owner, who did not purchase the car from the Dealership, and provide it to them

Who covers shipping if our of area to #2 & #3 ? The Dealership? Why?

FWIW, I have several baby books from back in the F430 / 612 days that I am keeping an eye out for their current owners, and I would provide them, no questions asked, but that's just me.

Thoughts?

S

5. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I think that it's option #1. I'd imagine finding the client you sold a car to would be no problem. These gifts are 'free' with the purchase of a car, which means you paid for it. I'd say it's up the the original owner to deal with options #2 or 3.

In the event that the original owner did not want the model car, or couldn't be tracked down, auctioning them off would be reasonable I guess. I'd want to clarify in my listing they were offered to the owners and not picked up and therefore now up for auction.

LVP488, Gh21631, Xrayv8 and 2 others like this.
  6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    A dealer (sponsor) just sent me a PM that they have reported this to FNA. Great action on their part. The disturbing issue is that they are being sold by one particular seller on eBay.

junc, Xrayv8, jm2 and 1 other person like this.
  7. junc

junc Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 2, 2007
    Chicago/Laguna Beach
    Full Name:
    Jun
    Wow. By the way I just received the model car for my 2018 488 spider . Took 4 years somehow. I still haven’t received the lithographs for my last 4 cars although I did receive the models. I did get a lithograph that was in the wrong color for my 812 GTS.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

SeattleStew and Art138 like this.
  8. Xrayv8

Xrayv8 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 18, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Xray
    Not to highjack the thread, but did anyone order the Amalgam 1:8 models when their car was specced? I've ordered one on my GTS and was wondering how long it took to get the model and assume it comes to the dealer as well?

9. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    My dealer has a few of these on display, and they were from cars/buyers that had either sold on already or had said they didn't want them. I'm sure every dealer winds up with a few every year for various reasons.

Remember that many buyers are not as...."into" this as F-Chat people are. They could care less about such a trinket.

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  10. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    That’s not the point I was trying to make….one seller in particular selling these in masse with vin numbers and build pics other than the dealer. Dealers should keep these until all avenues to identify current owners have been exhausted. These are cars that were built within the last two years so I doubt any effort has been made.

11. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    My frustration is I see cars with serial numbers well after my car, but I don’t have my model car yet. Something I noticed is they seem to only have V8 cars listed.

12. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike

I never did get mine when I ordered myb458 Spider.

Mike

13. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    For those of you missing a model and wanting one, they are built by MR Collections in Italy. Hop on the website and you can configure your car. I bought a lightly used Pista sans model and purchased one. Takes about 5 months to build.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    IMO cant contact the owner of the car All presents should go back to FNA, not allowed to be sold, Unless you are the actual owner.

Art138 likes this.
  15. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Problem is the lag between car and model delivery, which is always going to cause all manner of logistical issues.

FWIW, Lamborghini manage to deliver car along with its MR produced model at the same time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

SeattleStew, Viperjoe and jm2 like this.